Endotoxin (LPS) Is A Probable Cause For Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS / ME)

haidut

Forum Supporter
It seems like the bad news about endotoxin (LPS) just don't stop. After the recent studies implicating in many degenerative conditions, and especially Alzheimer, systemic sclerosis, ALS, etc not this study links it to the so-called chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS / ME), which the medical profession refuses to recognize that exists. So, the sufferers of this condition can benefit from charcoal, carrot salad, vitamin D / A, emodin, riboflavin, ketotifen, cyproheptadine, minocycline, etc. In addition, considering that prostaglandins were found to play an important role as inflammatory mediators from endotoxin (LPS), aspirin and other COX inhibitors like vitamin E and K could also be quite helpful for this condition.

A panel of biomarkers accurately identifies CFS/ME patients and contributes to the understanding of the pathophysiology of the disorder
"...Conclusions: This panel differentiates CFS/ME cases from controls with high sensitivity and specificity and therefore represents a potential tool in selecting CFS/ME subjects for clinical studies. Each of these four biological markers relate strongly to the disorder. PGE2 activates dendritic cells and suppresses their ability to attract T cells. It also suppresses the function of macrophages and neutrophils as well as Th1, CTL-, NK-cell mediated type 1 immunity (e.g. CD3- / CD57+ lymphocytes). PGE2 additionally promotes Th2, Th17 and Tregs and also modulates chemokine production (e.g. IL-8). When taken together, these data suggest that lipopolysaccharide (LPS), likely from gut bacteria, plays an important role in the pathophysiology of CFS/ME.

Dr. B

olive leaf extract, apple cider vinegar capsules. any value for endotoxin?

Wendy B

this is an old post. I don't recall seeing it when i searched cfs in past. I tried three weeks no starch, also carrot salad...felt no better. I have cfids/Lyme...But perhaps that was not enough to begin to see a difference.

Dr. B

this is an old post. I don't recall seeing it when i searched cfs in past. I tried three weeks no starch, also carrot salad...felt no better. I have cfids/Lyme...But perhaps that was not enough to begin to see a difference.
No starch will reduce further endotoxin, but more needs to be done to get rid of it
It looks like endotoxin is behind all kinds of things... and is a separate thing from pufa, thyroid etc... you can be doing everything right diet wise avoiding pufa but endotoxin has to be resolved

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals