Endotoxin (LPS) drives obesity, diabetes and CVD in young people

ReSTART

@rayban the vast majority of endotoxin in the human body is in outer membrane of gram negative bacteria, so anything that kills gram negative bacteria will reduce endotoxin.

high dose antibiotics in people with high endotoxin load will cause sickness, the antibiotics kill all the gram negative bacteria and release all the endotoxin from the bacterial outer membrane.

oxphoser

Consumption of pomegranate decreases plasma lipopolysaccharide-binding protein levels, a marker of metabolic endotoxemia, in patients with newly diagnosed colorectal cancer: A randomized controlled clinical trial
Gut microbiota dysbiosis alters the intestinal barrier function, increases plasma lipopolysaccharide (LPS) levels, which promotes endotoxemia, and contributes to the onset and development of colorectal cancer (CRC). We report here for the first time the reduction of plasma LPS-binding protein (LBP) levels, a marker of endotoxemia, after pomegranate consumption in newly diagnosed CRC patients.

Parthenolide inhibits the LPS-induced secretion of IL-6 and TNF-α and NF-κB nuclear translocation in BV-2 microglia (Feverfew Herb)
PTN strongly reduced the translocation of nuclear factor (NF)-κB to the cell nucleus. The reduction of microglial activation by inhibition of proinflammatory agents may help attenuate the onset and intensity of acute migraine attacks. These in vitro results provide an additional explanation for the efficacy of orally administered T. parthenium as an antimigraine agent.

Mitraphylline inhibits lipopolysaccharide-mediated activation of primary human neutrophils (Cats Claw Herb - related to coffee)
Mitraphylline (MTP) is the major pentacyclic oxindolic alkaloid presented in Uncaria tomentosa. It has traditionally been used to treat disorders including arthritis, heart disease, cancer, and other inflammatory diseases. However, the specific role of MTP is still not clear, with more comprehensive studies, our understanding of this ancient herbal medicine will continue growing.
Treatment with MTP reduced the LPS-dependent activation effects. Activated neutrophils (CD16(+)CD62L(-)) diminished after MTP administration. Moreover, proinflamatory cytokines (TNF-α, IL-6 or IL-8) expression and secretion were concomitantly reduced, similar to basal control conditions.
I’m definitely going to be drinking more pomegranate juice to
Consumption of pomegranate decreases plasma lipopolysaccharide-binding protein levels, a marker of metabolic endotoxemia, in patients with newly diagnosed colorectal cancer: A randomized controlled clinical trial
Gut microbiota dysbiosis alters the intestinal barrier function, increases plasma lipopolysaccharide (LPS) levels, which promotes endotoxemia, and contributes to the onset and development of colorectal cancer (CRC). We report here for the first time the reduction of plasma LPS-binding protein (LBP) levels, a marker of endotoxemia, after pomegranate consumption in newly diagnosed CRC patients.

Parthenolide inhibits the LPS-induced secretion of IL-6 and TNF-α and NF-κB nuclear translocation in BV-2 microglia (Feverfew Herb)
PTN strongly reduced the translocation of nuclear factor (NF)-κB to the cell nucleus. The reduction of microglial activation by inhibition of proinflammatory agents may help attenuate the onset and intensity of acute migraine attacks. These in vitro results provide an additional explanation for the efficacy of orally administered T. parthenium as an antimigraine agent.

Mitraphylline inhibits lipopolysaccharide-mediated activation of primary human neutrophils (Cats Claw Herb - related to coffee)
Mitraphylline (MTP) is the major pentacyclic oxindolic alkaloid presented in Uncaria tomentosa. It has traditionally been used to treat disorders including arthritis, heart disease, cancer, and other inflammatory diseases. However, the specific role of MTP is still not clear, with more comprehensive studies, our understanding of this ancient herbal medicine will continue growing.
Treatment with MTP reduced the LPS-dependent activation effects. Activated neutrophils (CD16(+)CD62L(-)) diminished after MTP administration. Moreover, proinflamatory cytokines (TNF-α, IL-6 or IL-8) expression and secretion were concomitantly reduced, similar to basal control conditions.
Something to watch if you try pomegranate juice to reduce endotoxin and have high iron: pomegranate juice enhances iron absorption. Here’s one study:

Pomegranate Juice Improves Iron Status and Ameliorates Iron Deficiency Induced Cellular Changes in Saccharomyces cerevisiae​

DOI:10.6000/1929-5634.2015.04.03.5

I have high iron levels. I guess you would have to wait a couple of hours after eating iron containing foods before having pomegranate juice to get the benefits.

EvanHinkle

This is interesting. In my “I’m gonna pay lots of money for doctors to clean my blood with ozone” days I would have loved to have known about this. Apparently extracopreal activated charcoal hemoperfusion removed all circulating endotoxin from canine blood stream in 30 minutes!

aliml

Resistant starch-containing potatoes, reduce small intestinal permeability and postprandial endotoxemia.

rayban

@rayban the vast majority of endotoxin in the human body is in outer membrane of gram negative bacteria, so anything that kills gram negative bacteria will reduce endotoxin.

high dose antibiotics in people with high endotoxin load will cause sickness, the antibiotics kill all the gram negative bacteria and release all the endotoxin from the bacterial outer membrane.
I mean what can we take that is normal, like fruits etc.
I bought some pommegranate juice and im having a glass daily now, it's pretty expensive compared to orange juice but if it's good it's a good investment. Orange jucie is the best tasting juice tho.

rayban

What other fruits can you eat beside pomegranate? its out of season now. I can buy commercial pomegranate juices, im drinking one from spain by "AMC Drinks":

INGREDIENTS: Pomegranate juice. Not from concentrate (direct juice) 200 ml equivalent to 1 of the 5 recommended daily servings of fruit and vegetables

pomegranatejuice.png

What do you think?

Any other alternatives to add as a snack etc? I just need more options.

Last edited:

Lollipop2

Cheese, fruit - blueberries, grapes, apple, watermelon, cherries, peaches, nectarines, coconut water, macadamia nuts (occasionally), crystallized ginger, manuka honey, a few squares of white or dark chocolate, homemade fudge (milk chocolate chips (with NO added oils or lecithins) and sweetened condensed milk), rice cakes with honey, cheese quesadillas with corn tortillas, ice cream, milkshake, fruit smoothie with milk, boiled eggs, grassfed beef jerky, coconut pieces, homemade coconut macaroons, slices of crustless quiche with cheese and mushrooms,

There are definitely more but this should give you options.

rayban

Cheese, fruit - blueberries, grapes, apple, watermelon, cherries, peaches, nectarines, coconut water, macadamia nuts (occasionally), crystallized ginger, manuka honey, a few squares of white or dark chocolate, homemade fudge (milk chocolate chips (with NO added oils or lecithins) and sweetened condensed milk), rice cakes with honey, cheese quesadillas with corn tortillas, ice cream, milkshake, fruit smoothie with milk, boiled eggs, grassfed beef jerky, coconut pieces, homemade coconut macaroons, slices of crustless quiche with cheese and mushrooms,

I wish I could drink milk but last time i tried i felt inflamation thyroid area for some reason. I tried to find a2a2 with no lactose but no luck in finding that.

Lollipop2

I wish I could drink milk but last time i tried i felt inflamation thyroid area for some reason. I tried to find a2a2 with no lactose but no luck in finding that.
Maybe digestive enzymes when you drink milk? Lactaid?

Lollipop2

How do I know I need that or if its working?
If milk bothers you and you have an unpleasant experience with dairy - exactly like you mentioned above.

My friend had a hard time digesting dairy. He would take lactaid when he drank milk or ate cheese. He would feel fine and experienced no negative results.

oxphoser

Are you saying that these foods, decrease plasma lipopolysaccharides or are these just good foods to eat?

Lollipop2

Are you saying that these foods, decrease plasma lipopolysaccharides or are these just good foods to eat?
Any other alternatives to add as a snack etc? I just need more options.
This was a response to Rayban asking for other snack options than pomegranate juice. I did not interpret his request to be an ask for snacks that decrease plasma lipopolysaccharides. I might have been wrong on my assumption - lol - and just gave some mostly good Peat inspired snacks.

rayban

If milk bothers you and you have an unpleasant experience with dairy - exactly like you mentioned above.

My friend had a hard time digesting dairy. He would take lactaid when he drank milk or ate cheese. He would feel fine and experienced no negative results.
I dont necessarily notice any digestive problem with milk, im just paranoid about the thyroid and also the muccus problem I have since I read milk can worsen it.

oxphoser

I mean what can we take that is normal, like fruits etc.
I bought some pommegranate juice and im having a glass daily now, it's pretty expensive compared to orange juice but if it's good it's a good investment. Orange jucie is the best tasting juice tho.
OJ and oranges are good to kill endotoxin!

J. Aust. Coll. Nutr. & Env. Med. Vol. 24 No. 1 (April 2005) pages 17-21 Endotoxin and Vitamin C

“ It has been known for some time now that several antioxidants, including vitamin C, if in sufficient concentration, can effectively neutralize some of the toxic effects of endotoxin.”

Gypsumking

Taurine has a choleretic effect (stimulating the production of bile by the liver), so it makes the fire bigger!
@aliml But in the study you've just quoted it explains thoroughly how adequate bile acid secretion lessons the endotoxic load? That proper liver function is essential to allow this. If taurine improves liver function and encourages bile flow wouldn't it be a good thing then?

Dr. B

It kinda depends. There’s some research that says it interferes with nutrient absorption, (and some that says that research is poorly designed). I keep in mind it “could” affect nutrient absorption and so typically take it at night before bed.

However, if I eat or take something and it generates a terrible reaction my mindset has been that suffering the pain of the endotoxin is not worth “properly absorbing my nutrients.” Nothing is worth suffering for, and another nutritious meal or helpful supplement will be coming soon. Therefore, if I have a poor reaction and it’s early in the day, I’d take the charcoal anyway even if I had resolved to take it at night. Let’s face it, if something is generating endotoxin symptoms what’s the chance I’m “properly absorbing” my nutrients anyway?

When I first realized the charcoal was helping I took 2 tablespoons in 8oz of water after every meal, (again, I spent years with keto, carnivore, fasting, vegetarian, and veganism, so to be concerned about any deleterious effect from charcoal at this point is moot for me-it made me feel better, and that was enough for me). I did this for about 2 weeks, and then moved to once a day at night, or as needed.

Currently I take it only as needed and that tends to work out to maybe 2-3 times a month. Still dermatitis free, but I also know the familiar itchy sting that is a prelude to the oozing scales, so then I reach for the charcoal.

In some people it is constipating. I’ve found baking soda, (1/2 teaspoon dissolved in a small amount of water a few times a day) to keep my bowels moving. For a real treat I will use baking soda in orange juice, grape juice, or apple juice. Mixed with orange juice it makes sodium citrate which is great for acid base balance as discussed in the famous Amazoniac thread that my phone isn’t allowing me to link right now.
how much charcoal do you need to take, is 500mg, or 2 capsules enough? isnt charcoal problematic if taken in a powder form, should be a capsule form to prevent this certain thing from happening? theres something that happens if you eat silica, and the same thing apparently happens if you eat charcoal powder too? i forgot the term for it

how do apple cider vinegar supplements affect endotoxin. what about vitamin D3 in EVOO like 1000IU, and 500mg olive leaf extract?

EvanHinkle

how much charcoal do you need to take, is 500mg, or 2 capsules enough? isnt charcoal problematic if taken in a powder form, should be a capsule form to prevent this certain thing from happening? theres something that happens if you eat silica, and the same thing apparently happens if you eat charcoal powder too? i forgot the term for it

how do apple cider vinegar supplements affect endotoxin. what about vitamin D3 in EVOO like 1000IU, and 500mg olive leaf extract?
Me personally I’ve used both granules and powder form, (I don’t tend to use capsules because I’d need to take too many). I use two tablespoons of charcoal when necessary in 8oz of water and the immediate effect is powerfully euphoric.

Persorbtion is the issue that can occur with powdered form.

I’m not sure how ACV affects endotoxin but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s beneficial, (there’s a lot of data that ACV will lower blood glucose readings, and activated charcoal always reliably lowers my blood glucose to 80s-90s from as high as 130-150).

Vitamin D is also a TLR4 antagonist, so it’s another good option. I have a version from lanolin in MCT oil that I use topically.

I’ve been using blood glucose levels as a surrogate for endotoxin levels lately and I think it’s pretty valid, (because I’ve found that blocking TLR4 essentially eliminates all my metabolic symptoms, and lowers my blood glucose). I think in order to really keep endotoxin at bay you have to ensure that you minimize fat burning, and encourage glucose oxidation. In addition to the occasional charcoal, I’m focusing now of niacinamide, aspirin, vitamin D, pyrucet, and thiamine in addition to NDT. I think you really have to take a multi-pronged approach to break the cycle. In the past I tended to focus on just glucose oxidation, or just endotoxin, or just inhibiting the fatty acids, but I really think you kinda have to do it all for the best effects, (or at least I have had to).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals