Endotoxin enhances injury from Aflatoxin exposure (mold)

This is for all you guys drinking grain-fed milk, moldy coffee, white potatoes...

Bacterial lipopolysaccharide exposure augments aflatoxin B(1)-induced liver injury.

<<At all times and for all markers, injury in rats treated with either AFB(1) or LPS alone was absent or modest. In the AFB(1)/LPS cotreated group, hepatic parenchymal cell injury was pronounced by 24 h and had returned to control values by 72 h. The injury began in the periportal region and spread midzonally with time.>>

Augmentation of aflatoxin B1 hepatotoxicity by endotoxin: involvement of endothelium and the coagulation system.

If heparin mitigates some of the damage, I wonder if vitamin E can do the same!

J

jb116

Actually funny thing, most aflatoxin is found in pufa foods like nuts, corn and others like gluten foods such as wheat.

jyb

Such_Saturation said:
post 47847 This is for all you guys drinking grain-fed milk, moldy coffee, white potatoes...

And coconut oil, especially. Not that I am concerned about it but if you're sensitive to it, the list goes on.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jb116

jyb said:
post 101098
Such_Saturation said:
post 47847 This is for all you guys drinking grain-fed milk, moldy coffee, white potatoes...

And coconut oil, especially. Not that I am concerned about it but if you're sensitive to it, the list goes on.

true, conditionally though. So if a manufacturer used fresh coconuts rather than dried out ones, it's 'clean'.

jyb

jb116 said:
true, conditionally though. So if a manufacturer used fresh coconuts rather than dried out ones, it's 'clean'.

Well, I read studies on aflatoxin in coconut oil and I'm not sure if any of the brands in the panel was clean. Those were studies from decades ago already, coconut oil is well known for this problem, and if I had to guess it's probably a lot worse now. But as Ray wrote me years ago (it's somewhere in the email repository), just because there is some doesn't mean it's a problem.

J

jb116

jyb said:
post 101102
jb116 said:

Well, I read studies on aflatoxin in coconut oil and I'm not sure if any of the brands in the panel was clean. Those were studies from decades ago already, coconut oil is well known for this problem, and if I had to guess it's probably a lot worse now. But as Ray wrote me years ago (it's somewhere in the email repository), just because there is some doesn't mean it's a problem.

Definitely not worried about coconut oil :cool:
But yea, the persistence and severity of the issue is testament to manufacturing procedures more so than the coconut itself - in the case of the coconut.

OP
S
Lately I've been using up jars of coconut oil a bit slower and it just starts smelling like spoiled cheese :ss

J

jb116

Such_Saturation said:
post 101106 Lately I've been using up jars of coconut oil a bit slower and it just starts smelling like spoiled cheese :ss

ugggh :eek: