Endotoxin antagonists appear to slow metabolism.

rockarolla

Through a ton of self experimentation I've found out that in order to increase metabolism on a high calorie diet all TLR4(endotoxin) inhibitors should be greatly reduced. And it does not really matter which ones exactly are currently saturating endotoxin receptors as antagonists, whether its vitamin C or A or D(D25), or some supplement like lutein(also as a food source), or polyphenols, etc.

And some TLR4 antagonists (ex: lutein) have a huge half life so sometimes the result could be postponed and is evident only after several months after withdrawal.

reducing PUFA is also critical:

as well as fiber:
Short-Chain Fatty Acids Suppress Lipopolysaccharide-Induced Production of Nitric Oxide and Proinflammatory Cytokines Through Inhibition of NF-κB Pathway in RAW264.7 Cells - Inflammation

etc, etc - i have a huge list of TLR4 antagonists and if anyone is interested i can post it here with refs to research papers.

Dr. B

Through a ton of self experimentation I've found out that in order to increase metabolism on a high calorie diet all TLR4(endotoxin) inhibitors should be greatly reduced. And it does not really matter which ones exactly are currently saturating endotoxin receptors as antagonists, whether its vitamin C or A or D(D25), or some supplement like lutein(also as a food source), or polyphenols, etc.

And some TLR4 antagonists (ex: lutein) have a huge half life so sometimes the result could be postponed and is evident only after several months after withdrawal.

reducing PUFA is also critical:

as well as fiber:
Short-Chain Fatty Acids Suppress Lipopolysaccharide-Induced Production of Nitric Oxide and Proinflammatory Cytokines Through Inhibition of NF-κB Pathway in RAW264.7 Cells - Inflammation

etc, etc - i have a huge list of TLR4 antagonists and if anyone is interested i can post it here with refs to research papers.
whats the list of endotoxin antagonists.
how do they lower metabolism? what happens when you eat them.
is fiber anti endotoxin? PUFA is anti endotoxin i thought PUFA increases endotoxin...?

Daniil

According to this logic, in order to have a fast metabolism, you need to eat tons of fiber? Somehow I can hardly believe it. Perhaps there is something else buried here. Unfortunately, I am not very familiar with the TLR4 function.

OP
rockarolla

rockarolla

According to this logic, in order to have a fast metabolism, you need to eat tons of fiber? Somehow I can hardly believe it. Perhaps there is something else buried here. Unfortunately, I am not very familiar with the TLR4 function.

no, increased endotoxin receptors stimulation = faster metabolism, since in part glucose requirements are greatly increased(unless one depletes his/her glucose storage only then metabolism tanks)

Estimating glucose requirements of an activated immune system in growing pigs

so fiber is anti metabolic via SCFAs TLR4 receptors silencing

if my logic is correct, fiber should combat core temperature increase if taken in excess with high carb meal for example

p.s. i'll post a list a little bit later

Daniil

So, a lot of carbohydrates and little fiber? It sounds logical. I wonder what the mechanism of accelerating metabolism by TLR4 may be

By the way, the acceleration of metabolism is also not always good.

OP
rockarolla

rockarolla

So, a lot of carbohydrates and little fiber?

yep, especially if one in hypo state; and excessive fiber could be as bad as excessive PUFA here

I wonder what the mechanism of accelerating metabolism by TLR4 may be

i think it could be related to fighting back chronic endotoxin producing gut microbiome - the body detects toxemia through TLR4 receptors(they are expressed for the reason thus blocking them could be counter productive) and wants to generate the response to address the root condition, but the immune cells should be saturated with glucose for their expansion, cytokines/antimicrobial peptides generation i.e. a lot of things require glucose at once so the body could be carbs-depleted already in hours after intake and constant refeeding is required(up to adapting polyphasic sleeping to not drop into starvation state during night time) or stress hormones will be released with the effect of shutting down immune response <-> metabolism

Last edited:

Daniil

yep, especially if one in hypo state; and excessive fiber could be as bad as excessive PUFA here

i think it could be related to fighting back chronic endotoxin producing gut microbiome - the body detects toxemia through TLR4 receptors(they are expressed for the reason thus blocking them could be counter productive) and wants to generate the response to address the root condition, but the immune cells should be saturated with glucose for their expansion, cytokines/antimicrobial peptides generation i.e. a lot of things require glucose at once so the body could be carbs-depleted already in hours after intake and constant refeeding is required(up to adapting polyphasic sleeping to not drop into starvation state during night time) or stress hormones will be released with the effect of shutting down immune response <-> metabolism
Yes, this is logical. I have already thought about it too. You've just discovered some dark side of the vitamin industry, perhaps. I am very interested to see list (I even specifically stopped taking all supplements while waiting for the list) (I know that VA is definitely one of the antagonists of TLR4.)

Last edited:

Daniil

Although endotoxin injections increase the amount of TLR4. So if something fixes intestinal permeability , it can reduce the amount of TLR4. So reducing the amount of TLR4 can be good in some cases

Last edited:

Daniil

it is interesting why the introduction of endotoxin increases the number of TLR. Like, an adaptive reaction of cells?

Einklang

Keep in mind a metabolic boost isn't necessarily a positive,
Even supplementing thyroid can reduce metabolism, helping cells retain magnesium which stabilizes ATP.

Dr. B

Keep in mind a metabolic boost isn't necessarily a positive,
Even supplementing thyroid can reduce metabolism, helping cells retain magnesium which stabilizes ATP.
how does this work?
so some people can gain weight off using thyroid?
its due to the magnesium retention?

milkboi

how does this work?
so some people can gain weight off using thyroid?
its due to the magnesium retention?
It's something mentioned often here and if there's any truth to it, I don't think it applies to a lot of people. For most people, T3 increases metabolism in a dose-dependent manner up to a certain dose

milkboi

This kind of conflicts with your statement:
It's like saying: "Testosterone promotes Cortisol secretion in certain circumstances, therefore taking Testosterone can actually be catabolic." No, it's not really like that, of course hormones have various effects on the body but if you look at the whole picture, Testosterone has close to 100% anabolic effects and T3 raises metabolism in close to 100% of cases

Dr. B

It's something mentioned often here and if there's any truth to it, I don't think it applies to a lot of people. For most people, T3 increases metabolism in a dose-dependent manner up to a certain dose
T3 did seem to increase my cortisol, and it burned up muscle, as well as put on fat. It was about 10 pounds, over 2 months. But at the end of it I was worse off than if I never tried it. animal thyroid like ancestral supplements thyroid gland doesnt have that effect, but it doesnt do anything significant besides maybe some better digestion. I think the T3 only somehow increased cortisol. but it actually broke down muscle tissue too.

milkboi

T3 did seem to increase my cortisol, and it burned up muscle, as well as put on fat. It was about 10 pounds, over 2 months. But at the end of it I was worse off than if I never tried it. animal thyroid like ancestral supplements thyroid gland doesnt have that effect, but it doesnt do anything significant besides maybe some better digestion. I think the T3 only somehow increased cortisol. but it actually broke down muscle tissue too.
Yes it can be very catabolic under the "right" circumstances.