Endometrios

Thomas

Hi guys,
anyone here who knows something about endometrios? A friend of mine has all the thyroid symptoms on the list. But when I told her to check her basal temp she said that she doesnt have a period because of her endometrios medication. That made me wonder if endometrios is in connection with Hypothyroidism?

I would be happy about all information I can get. Articles, science rapports or your personal experience. I want to understand that problem to help her better.

thank you
Thomas

HDD

Thomas said:
Hi guys,
anyone here who knows something about endometrios? A friend of mine has all the thyroid symptoms on the list. But when I told her to check her basal temp she said that she doesnt have a period because of her endometrios medication. That made me wonder if endometrios is in connection with Hypothyroidism?

I would be happy about all information I can get. Articles, science rapports or your personal experience. I want to understand that problem to help her better.

thank you
Thomas

This is not exactly what you asked for, but it does help in understanding the problem.

This is part of a post from Rayser-
"
....... I know of several women who have been using large amounts of progest-e-complex every day for years. Most of them got the recommendation from Ray Peat himself (like me). It cured them of several conditions. PMS, PCOS, infertility, endometriosis, myoma, cysts, osteoporosis, depression, migraines, heavy bleeding, no bleeding, scar tissue after surgery or other tissue trauma ... There are no negative effects from using progesterone

raypeat.com/articles/articles/natural-estrogens.shtml
People under stress, or who have a thyroid deficiency, or who don't eat enough protein, typically have elevated estrogen levels. .

I did a search to find the relation between estrogen and hypothyroidism in the search engine on this forum. If progesterone cured endometriosis, then I would assume that there was an imbalance of the hormones.
:2cents

HDD

In "From PMS to Menopause" , Ray Peat lists signs and symptoms that respond to progesterone therapy of which endometriosis/cervical dysplasia is included.

This is his introduction to the list.

"Many people found the list of signs and symptoms in the first edition of this book either useful or interesting; at least it is an emphatic way of pointing out that progesterone has so many functions it can't be considered to be just a "reproductive hormone." Since I now understand better the biological meaning of these signs, I want to emphasize more strongly the importance of normalizing nutrition, thyroid function, light exposure, and bowel action in correcting the problems behind these signs and symptoms. It is really a kind if index of physiological disorders, and it happens that progesterone is a major tool for physiological adaptation."

From "Once a Month" by Katharina Dalton-
"This condition may be treated by stopping periods entirely for nine months or longer with hormone treatment. This not only stops menstruation but also stops the cyclical changes in the normal and displaced endometrial cells. Alternatively, the abnormal tissue and cysts may be surgically removed or burned away by laser treatment."