• Endocrinology Part 3, KMUD, 2017 .pdf
    162 KB · Views: 51
OP
burtlancast

burtlancast

Raymond Peat, Ph.D.

Endocrinology part 3

KMUD, 2017​

(transcribed by Moss – verified by Burtlancast)

HD - Andrew Murray
RP –
Ray Peat

https://www.toxinless.com/kmud-170519-endocrinology-part3.mp3

HD: So Dr Peat, from last month breaking the question “what is a hormone and how does the endocrine system regulate metabolism”, you discussed Thyrotropin Releasing Hormone (TRH), which stimulates both the secretion of TSH from the anterior pituitary and of prolactin. Now prolactin is a hormone that’s responsible for lactation in females. And so, would there be another mechanism, perhaps, that satisfies the TSH production in lower thyroid individuals, to up regulate the T4 production, which does not result in increased prolactin production, as TRH does?

My question to you, Dr Peat, is the potential for hypothyroid women to be exposed to higher than normal levels of prolactin. Have you seen women that would lactate while not being fertile or nursing?

RP:Yeah. Probably maybe a 100 women that I’ve talked to; hypothyroidism was their basic problem. But unwelcomed lactation was just one of their symptoms. And usually, there were menstrual irregularities at the same time; either too much, or too little menstruation. And just correcting their thyroid function took care of both the lactation and menstruation. And what [the thyroid] is doing is regulating oxygen metabolism, so that you can use your fuel very efficiently, keep your blood sugar steady, so that you don’t experience stress. In healthy women, oestrogen is produced for about 12 hours once a month in a big surge, to basically create “stress tissue”; to stir up cell division: to prepare the uterus, and the breast, and other tissues [the pituitary, the hypothalamus, the adrenal glands]. These [tissues] are the main things that are activated by oestrogen. Low thyroid, by letting you get low blood sugar inappropriately, it’s simultaneously activating the stress hormones and inactivating the parts of the liver that are normally destroying oestrogens as soon as they reach the liver. Normally, the small amount of oestrogen being produced under moderate stress is kept very low by an active liver, when the thyroid is activating the liver.

When the thyroid is low, oestrogen tends to rise. And both of these tend to create an oxygen deficiency and a glucose deficiency. One intensifies the other. These are the first steps in any kind of stress reaction. And the stress reaction turns on your pituitary as a way to organize the adaptive systems in the body. And prolactin in fish regulates salt and water metabolism; and mammals have the various components of milk-formation, involving both the flow of water and salts, but including proteins, sugars and such. So, prolactin, in all animals, has a range of anti-stress functions. And lactation is just a useful component for handling the stress of pregnancy fertility.

HD: So I picked up on what you said about oestrogen being a once-monthly surge, a 12 hour period. But I just want to ask you this, it would seem a very ubiquitous poison, for want of a better word, that woman are continually subjected to. How can you compare that to the background levels of oestrogen that you are always advising woman to protect themselves from, either environmentally or with things like pregnenolone or progesterone, if they have excessive inflammation going on in the body from different causes?

RP: Any tissue of your body that is stressed will start to produce oestrogen. It’s a very basic reaction to stress. And so with ageing, for example, when you have lost some of your basic anti-stress hormones (thyroid and progesterone and pregnenolone), then all of your tissues are suffering from impaired metabolism of oxygen and glucose. They are simply not interacting properly. And that means that all of them will begin producing a little bit of oestrogen. For example, the post menopausal breast tissue is producing several times more oestrogen than it does during menstruation. And if the liver slows down because the thyroid is low, then that little [oestrogen] bit that is being produced by any stress tissue is going to pile up in the blood, because it should be eliminated constantly through the liver and kidneys.

HD: Science has been guilty of brainwashing the public; of deceiving them to believe that things are a certain way, when actually there is previous research that’s been buried showing exactly the opposite; this research has been closed up, money has been diverted away from it, instead funding the wrong information. Again, when I was studying, I was under the impression that basically the ovaries were the main oestrogen secreting organs in a female body, and men didn’t really have oestrogen. Men had testosterone and females had oestrogen.Things were fairly simple; but actually it’s really very different from that. I think you said any cell can essentially secrete oestrogen in response to stress and inflammation?

RP: Yeah. And old men get low testosterone because there are stressed tissues turning it quickly into oestrogen.

HD: This is aromatization, right?

RP: Yeah, and a younger man who is very sick, or has an accident, will have very high oestrogen. And usually, that will bring up the prolactin, the growth hormone, and a lot of adaptive secondary hormones.

HD: Going back to lactation and prolactin being secreted in females and actually causing some milk production, is oxytocin, for example, a more powerful stimulator of lactation than prolactin/TRH ?

RP: Oxytocin really is just to release the milk once it’s formed. It isn’t involved directly in forming it. When I was a little kid during the depression, there were very poor people moving into Southern California; and some of them were finding jobs; and one family we knew, the mother was able to find a job when they had a baby that was a few months old; they had been starving for years, and the father was able to lactate to nurse the baby while the mother worked.

HD: Do you see any difference in the quality of the milk?

RP: Oh sure. Men aren’t nearly as good at lactating as women are [chuckles]. And it’s a very extreme thing. Lots of men, when they came out of WW2 prison camps, when they started eating, they got enough energy to mobilize cortisol and some thyroid and such; they began lactating, because they had injured their tissues so much that they were very high in oestrogen.

HD: I mean it is well documented now that male breasts, or gynecomastia, is a very common phenomena in males who are exposed to oestrogen. In England, it’s not uncommon for men who drink daily a lot of beer to grow, basically, breasts. And, even in this country, related to oestrogen substances, whether it is the oestrogen analogues in hops, or even in plastics, some more sensitive individuals are being exposed to it.

RP: Yeast can produce oestradiol; and so they think that the yeast fermenting is a major source of the breast development in beer drinkers.

HD: Interesting, so it may not be necessarily be down to the humulones and lupulones, and all the other by-products of the hop?

RP: Yeah. They are probably not as harmful as the yeast-produced oestrogens.

HD: So let’s move onto the next hormone in the hypothalamic section of this endocrine discussion, the Corticotrophin-Releasing Hormone (CRH) and how this stimulates adrenocorticotrophic hormone from the anterior pituitary, and acts on the adrenals to promote and secrete cortisol. Now, most people have probably heard of cortisol - if they are at all health minded – :cortisol, cortisone, hydrocortisone, they are all kind of derivatives. Most of these derivatives here have, or are still being used to control inflammation. And I have known asthmatics and eczema patients and psoriatic patients that have been prescribed cortisol and corticosteroids to control that. The natural production of cortisol is inhibited by negative feedback mechanism; so we’re never normally naturally, constantly or chronically exposed to cortisol. It obviously has some beneficial effects, although I understand your interpretation puts a far more negative view of cortisol, probably in relation to its chronic exposure. What dangers do you see in the chronic use of hydrocortisone, either topically or aerosolized? And what would be a better approach to quell inflammation of this type?

RP: Within the first two or three hours of a big dose of cortisol (or the synthetic glucocorticoids), the thymus gland starts shrinking. And the skin and muscles begin shrinking, as the cortisol shifts the metabolism in the opposite direction of testosterone.

HD: Towards the oestrogenic side?

RP: Well, the corticoids activate the proteolytic enzymes that break down the proteins, and inhibit the anabolic, protein-synthesizing mechanisms. The brain, heart and lungs are very concentrated testosterone metabolisers and retainers. If you give someone radioactive testosterone, you see the emission from those organs, most of it from the heart and brain (the lungs are so full or air, you [can’t] see much radiation); but the testosterone is there, protecting these vital organs. But when you give a big dose of cortisol, you slump that protective effective progesterone and testosterone; and the tissues that aren’t very well protected very quickly shrink; your skin becomes thinner, blood vessels weaken, you tend to get little bloody spots, particularly haemorrhages, and bruise very easily. Lots of women have constantly bruised thighs, and sometimes upper arms, because when they are low in thyroid and progesterone, they compensate with increased cortisol, which weakens their small blood vessels, and they bruise easily. If that continues over the years, it leads to strokes, osteoporosis, and the typical ageing conditions.

HD: I’ve known people in England especially, the doctors there were just more readily prescribing aerosolized corticosteroids inhalants for asthma, and/or topical creams for eczemas. But it was the only thing that was ever really done. And I have known people that have been on these things for years and years; and i’m sure, to their detriment. You are saying that it is essentially switching off the protective anti-excitotoxic mechanism/ route by which inflammation, or oestrogen induced inflammation, is typically mediated?

RP: Yeah, and asthma is one of the typical oestrogen-induced inflammation. High oestrogen women are very susceptible to asthma, especially during the night. And one of the effects of oestrogen is to directly stimulate the adrenal glands to produce cortisol. So, high oestrogen leads to weak blood vessels and shrinking bones and ageing skin, and low immunity and such, by the shrinking effects of cortisol on the thymus gland. And oestrogen shifts the balance towards serotonin, away from dopamine; and this shift in the serotonin/dopamine ratio is one of the things that activates the prolactin system. And serotonin is also one of the major activators of the Corticotrophin Releasing Hormones (CRH). And so, oestrogen activates the pituitary, the hypothalamus, the adrenal glands directly to increase the tissue breakdown effect.

HD: I caught on to what you said about female asthmatics getting particularly worse at night. And this again, I guess, is night-time stress that worsens the inflammation?

RP: Yeah, all of the stress hormones rise during the night.

HD: And again in response probably to low blood sugar because of fasting…

RP: Yeah. And hypoglycaemia, or disturbed oxygen availability, both increase prolactin, and usually growth hormone, [which are] stress inducers. I think all of the pituitary hormones [are increased] (except for luteinizing hormone, which produces testosterone and progesterone). So, when you activate all of the other parts of the pituitary, you are likely to become sterile by losing your progesterone and testosterone.

HD: For the guys that are out there, to maximize your testosterone is the best thing that you can do as a guy, because it is the counterpart to oestrogen. And it is the anti-excitotoxic route by which inflammation is quelled.

RP: It’s [so] similar in function to progesterone in protecting the tissues that they’ve experimented removing the ovaries from rats after they have been impregnated, and then giving them testosterone during pregnancy. It is a progestin in that sense of being able to sustain a pregnancy in the absence of ovaries.

HD: Testosterone is really very beneficial for men in terms of muscle mass. You can generate it yourself and you don’t have to buy it. So let’s take this first caller.

Caller: I am wondering, can an imbalance of hormones influence someone’s perception of his or her gender? I’m curious as I’m certain we are constantly exposed to environmental oestrogens. And I have also heard of instances like Caitlin Jenner who as Bruce Jenner knew at a very young age that he was the opposite gender. So what’s your take on that?

RP: When that happens during gestation (or in the first few months after being born) the actual cell structure of the brain is still going on. And it’s either masculinized or not by the presence of testosterone, which is turned into oestrogen. And oestrogen in those stages of development is the masculinizing hormone. And so, a deficiency of progesterone early in life leaves the oestrogen unopposed and tends to masculinize the brain. And so, it can set up the feeling of the gender that is chemically activated rather than what the chromosomes were able to do.

Caller: Good evening, I am calling from Finland. I have a question and I have been reading your wonderful Generative Energy book and basically it’s prompted me to think about what I think they call now, “transhumanism”. Nowadays we basically have the version of the modern day six million dollar man; we have people with robotic hands. A friend of mine with Parkinson’s disease has two chips implanted in his brain with remote control. And my question to Dr Peat would be, do you believe that this transhumanism might fit into future evolutions of man? I am referring to this theory about life trending towards maximum metabolism and maximum energy.

RP: I think the technology is so simplified compared to what actually is needed by the organism to maximize its metabolism, function and experience, that I don’t think that the technology is going to have a role in the future development of health, longevity, or brain development.

HD: It’s certainly not going to be passed onto the next generation, so it is definitely a temporary thing. And I think from my perspective, the human body, and I think the psyche, plays a much bigger part in the protection and the development of the human organism. Far more than perhaps people give real credit to for positive thinking etc. etc., self empowerment. Doing the right thing in terms of everything you’ve proposed in terms of nutrition and/or some of the few supplements that you recommend, things like thyroid and progesterone and things that protect the anti-inflammatory side, I think you have a far better chance of living a genetically very healthy life, and something that I think can be passed on to the next generation. Certainly we hear about in utero effects on to the fetus. I am fairly interested about the transhumanism subject, and like the caller’s mentioned, things like robotic replacements and/or chips to prompt secretion of neuropeptides etc. etc. into the brain or other areas - but it doesn’t continue, and it is a very temporal thing. And I don’t think that is anything that can ever be transmitted. But what can be transmitted is a mental state of mind that is based on positive thinking, creating that in harmony; and whether it is yoga or doing exercise and getting outside and just appreciating everything that you have around you, rather than looking at negative things.

Caller: Can I ask a follow up question? I was wondering about, because this is a topic that I haven’t heard on this show yet, but we are also in an increasingly “hairless” society. People want to shave more and more of their bodies more and more regularly. How stressful is frequent shaving to the body in your opinion?

HD: It’s interesting you say that; I read the article just a couple of days ago actually it was from the Drudge Report. It was that the increasing hairiness of females is actually becoming recognized. And I think there was a poll done in 2004 and I think 95% of females shaved. They did a recent poll here and I think it was down to 78% and they were saying that essentially that ‘au natural’ was becoming more ‘normal’ whether or not they are talking about hair on a male’s head or hair from a baldness perspective or not, I don’t know caller, but Dr Peat what do you think?

RP: I think the hair on the head actually has the function of preserving heat, helping to keep the brain warm. Wearing a wool hat will substitute somewhat for not having enough hair on the head. And the other hair (armpits and pubic), I think that has the function of helping to somewhat distribute pheromones. The facial hair and arm hair has probably that pheromone distributing function. But I think that the body hair that is tending to appear more often in women is a sign of stress. That it’s probably related to that pheromone system shifting to an exaggerated steroid production in the skin.

HD: So Dr Peat just to carry on with testosterone a little bit, it’s a bit of a divergent question but - in terms of men being able to maximize their testosterone production without thinking that they have to go to a gym and get aerobic and pump huge amounts of weights to build muscle - what would you say would be a good program for a male who wanted to increase lean muscle mass in order to be exposed to more testosterone? Because it’s the muscle itself that actually promotes a testosterone surge in the body; and by its own mechanism will directly relate back to testosterone itself.

RP: Yeah muscle contraction activates the synthesis, locally in the muscle, of testosterone, and decreases the cortisol activity; so good physical work is probably the central thing to keeping your testosterone up. It shouldn’t be episodic, intense, stressful work; that is known to lower your testosterone and increase cortisol. And at the same time keeping your metabolic rate up so that you can do more intense activity without it being stressful. Having your liver very healthy is essential for keeping your testosterone up, because otherwise the episodes of falling blood sugar activate cortisol, oestrogen and all of the other stress hormones.

HD: Ok, so stocking your liver with plenty of sugar, not being aerobic about your approach to exercise, and ideally a physical type of work if you are possibly able to. So moving onto to dopamine, I wanted to ask you a little bit - I know we have mentioned the discussion related to Parkinson’s and Parkinsonism’s; and we’ve said that this dopamine in itself inhibits prolactin release and helps regulate emotional responses. And the reward and pleasure response is something I wanted to ask you about. This enables a person not only to see the rewards but to take action to move towards them. And lack of dopamine’s been cited and implicated in the propensity to addiction. If you want to feel better, then mood enhancing drugs are a route to this. Does this imply that many addicts have naturally low levels of dopamine, and may develop Parkinson’s type symptoms in future? And would dopamine supplementation be useful to wean addicts, or prevent addictive behaviours from developing?

RP: I think that even in Parkinson’s disease, I think the studies are moving towards thinking of a balance between serotonin and dopamine and the other symptoms.

HD: So are you thinking serotonin excess might exacerbate…?

RP: Yeah. They are somewhat antagonistic. For example, serotonin increases the CRH and prolactin. Dopamine tends to inhibit them.

HD: Bad bowels, or bad bowel function, or poor elimination would certainly speed that serotonin excess up?

RP: Yeah, nitric oxide, endotoxin and serotonin all shift your body towards the stress. And progesterone and its derivatives in the brain (allopregnenolone for example) are important for keeping the balance in the right direction. Oestrogen increases the serotonin and stress; progesterone tends to reverse that, and increase the balance towards dopamine.

HD: So do you think though, that this would be any reason or cause for Parkinson’s down the road? Perhaps if people have addictive natures? Is it at all connected with lack of dopamine?

RP: Well I think you can correct it most safely with progesterone and testosterone. Or with pregnenolone, the precursor of both of them. Because when you try to push the dopamine system, you tend to increase oxidative damage. And thus, [progesterone, testosterone or pregnenolone] are safe to work at the anti-stress level, rather than pushing the end product of dopamine.

HD: So, improve muscle, muscle mass, plenty of sugars. Then obviously pregnenolone, thyroid - all helpful and anti-inflammatory aspects.

RP: Yeah. And keeping the toxic fats down, and sugar stable.

HD: OK, can I ask you about the growth hormone? So, the growth hormone releasing hormone, stimulates growth hormone release from the anterior pituitary. And this has regulatory effects on proteins, carbohydrates and lipid metabolism as well as promoting slow wave sleep, often referred to as deep sleep. And I know people that perhaps have sleep issues where they are unable to get into that phase of deep sleep. I did read that the slow wave sleep was apparently – but I know this is not particularly true because I know you think it is very much related to low blood glucose – but the slow wave sleep was implicated in nightmares and sleepwalking, especially when sleepwalking was joined to raiding the fridge at night to eat. I found that quite a bizarre connection. But it is well known in popular culture, I remember an old advert back in the 1970s for R. White’s Lemonade. This advert was more or less this person getting out of sleepwalking downstairs to the fridge, where he opens the fridge door and opens a bottle of R White Lemonade there and he would just sit there drinking it and his wife would come down and say “what’s going on?”. So anyway, between the desires to eat, sleepwalk and growth hormone, do you think the deep sleep relates to is as a real subject? Or do you think this is, again, being mismanaged scientifically?

RP: No, I think deep sleep is important as a restorative part of your brain function. And I think a lot of people would be happier and healthier if they would eat during the night. People who resist eating near bedtime or during the night often have more stress, [and] more hypoglycemic insomnia. And most people can get back to sleep if they have some orange juice, or lemonade, or a milkshake, or ice cream.

HD: It’s almost a cultural barrier, where there is this feeling that if you eat close to bedtime you are just going to put it on as fat. I certainly have heard the doctrine that excess carbohydrates are stored as fat. Whether accurate or not, the night-time stress caused by lowering your blood glucose is probably offset by the very fact that you are going to consume some glucose before you sleep.

RP: Yeah, it is very important to restore your glycogen level during sleep. I think that’s one of the main purposes of sleep; it’s [there] to get the glycogen back into your brain cells, heart cells and other tissues, so that you can expend it to resist stress during the daytime.

HD: A listener asks: “Did Jimmy Carter’s cancer cure have anything to do with receptors? Isn’t the entire cell a receptor?”

RP: I think he was having standard chemotherapy for awhile and then brain radiation and then he got this new antibody that is specific for allowing cells to undergo the normal apoptosis. So, statistically it doesn’t look like it was a terribly impressive cure, because the number of people studied was not very big. And the percentage who responded well, it think, [only] 24 % had a temporary regression of the tumours. And that happened in a lot of the people who had only the preceding brain radiation.

HD: Another listener asks: “Since gums like carrageenan and Xanthan gums are toxic, does the same apply to gums like Frankincense and Myrrh?”

RP: The carrageenan and xanthan are basically polysaccharides. The carrageenan is a sulfated polysaccharide. And I think all of the sulphated polysaccharides, besides their own heparin, are toxic and dangerous. And the xanthan gums, and gum Arabic, and lots of the plant gums are not digestible. But they can support bacterial growth in the intestine. Where the carrageenan is specifically pro inflammatory, and very dangerous. The other gums are simply nuisances that tend to increase bacterial growth and gas production, and such. Where the Frankincense and Myrrh contain lots of anti inflammatory substances, [with] probably anti cancer effects, some steroid-like molecules, not so different from testosterone and progesterone -they seem to have an anti inflammatory, anti-proliferation effect on cancer cells.

HD: I wasn’t aware of Myrrh being used internally; but I have known Frankincense for a long time. It’s used especially by the Bedouins. They would chew Frankincense straight off the tree to freshen their breath, and as of a kind of bacteriostatic for their teethes and their mouths.

RP: I’ve heard of people eating the crude grounded up gum, just by the spoonful. On the issue of receptors, there are actual proteins that are called receptor proteins; but my position is that, since the condition of the cell determines what a particular substance binding to that receptor is going to do to the cell, it isn’t as meaningful as some people think to activate a receptor, because it can have opposite effects, depending on the history of the cell, and the present condition of other cells.

HD: What’s your view on stem cell technology? Do you think it is a real way forward to turn around degenerative processes?

RP: Yeah. I think we’re full of stem cells [chuckles]. And what we have to do is activate them intelligently.

HD: Do you think the research is going in the right positive direction?

RP: Yeah, finding out exactly what kind of stress signal activates them. It’s already known that many types of stresses will activate the maturing of stem cells; and that things like progesterone and testosterone, once they have been activated, will keep them going in the right direction, so that they replace tissues, rather than replacing cancer. When they kill cancer by radiation or chemotherapy or surgery...

HD: ahem, ahem ( )

RP: ...the cancer tends to comeback, even though they removed the tumour completely. Because the place where the cancer was has been injured, and it calls out to the body for stem cells to repair the damage. And being damaged itself as a framework, it misdirects the stem cells, so they develop into cancer.

HD: So we have a caller.

Caller: I’ve had a lot of food intolerances. And I am looking into permeability; and I am curious Dr Peat your take on controlling endotoxins through various polyphenols. I know you talk about the carrot salad and bamboo shoots – but is there any other compounds you like to incorporate to heal, or strengthen the lining of the intestines? I know gelatine can be beneficial…

RP: The nutrients that are most important are magnesium and vitamin A, just for the actual replacement and repair of cells. But the whole range of nutrients, (protein, zinc, vitamin D, anti-inflammatory things like vitamin E and vitamin K) everything is really essential, ultimately, for protecting the intestines. So, having liver and eggs and milk and orange juice, for example, can often get the repair going. And the reason eggs have a bad reputation is that they are extremely concentrated protein: and if a person eats an egg or two without carbohydrates their blood sugar is going to fall for sure, especially if their liver doesn’t have good glycogen storage. The egg will drop your blood sugar. That will activate mast cells, and you will have allergic reactions. And without the carbohydrate you are going to increase inflammation. And sugar and progesterone and aspirin are things that will protect you from those surges of histamine and serotonin, etc.

Caller: And does the histamine get produced because you don’t have enough glycogen, due to a cortisol spike then?

RP: Well, low thyroid ultimately is the most common reason for not having enough glycogen stored. And the cortisol weakens the tissue, so that even though it helps gets your blood sugar up, and momentarily protects the glycogen, in the long run its adding to the problem of unstable blood sugar. And anytime your blood sugar falls, the mast cells are likely to degranulate; and that’s influenced by a lack of testosterone and progesterone, or an excess of oestrogen.

Caller: And am I correct in understanding that the lack of thyroid hormone is often times a root cause of small bowel overgrowth or SIBO, which is the root cause of leaky gut?

RP: Yeah, because your digestion slows down when your metabolic rate slows down from hypothyroidism. And so your stomach becomes sluggish, doesn’t secrete much, and doesn’t move fast enough. People might eat a carrot today and it might not come out for 4 or 5 days. That's what happens with hypothyroidism. And speeding up your digestion and secretions... [ideally,] it should be so active...[the] streaming fluid from your stomach, pancreas and liver should wash your whole small intestine clean so that no bacteria can thrive in it.

Caller: Is there a good quality nutrition based textbook that you find favourable, that gets into good mechanisms of nutrition and hormones and their relations?

RP: Not that I know of! Years ago, I had seen some really good monographs on particular topics like how the intestine works, how the digestive glands work, and so on. But I don’t know of one that has put anything together.

Caller: Well I guess that’s part of the journey. Thank you so much, I appreciate your time.

HD: Youre welcome. If you want to email me my address is [email protected]. We’ve produced a pretty comprehensive 3 or 4 page breakdown of those things that Dr Peat definitely advocates and those things that he definitely doesn’t advocate and so that has certainly been very useful in guiding our clients to a better place. Dr Peat, thanks so much for joining us again.

RP: OK, thank you.

www.raypeat.com

OP
burtlancast

burtlancast

Lol at Murray's reaction when Ray started criticizing standard cancer therapies:

RP: Yeah, finding out exactly what kind of stress signal activates them. It’s already known that many types of stresses will activate the maturing of stem cells; and that things like progesterone and testosterone, once they have been activated, will keep them going in the right direction, so that they replace tissues, rather than replacing cancer. When they kill cancer by radiation or chemotherapy or surgery...

HD: ahem, ahem ( )

RP: ...the cancer tends to comeback, even though they removed the tumour completely. Because the place where the cancer was has been injured, and it calls out to the body for stem cells to repair the damage. And being damaged itself as a framework, it misdirects the stem cells, so they develop into cancer.

meatbag

Thanks for taking the time to do this

Lol at Murray's reaction when Ray started criticizing standard cancer therapies:

I wonder if they caught some flak from the lawyers about discussing these topics in the past?

Last edited:

Drareg

Thanks again for doing this burtlancast and moss,talk about quick.....:thumbup:
Thanks to Mr and Mrs Herb doctor also,it's appreciated greatly and don't forget the "autistitic communist guy" with the "old school voice",was his name Pat?

schultz

Ray mentioned this in another interview as well, but I thought I would point it out because it was so interesting the first time I heard it...

RP: "It’s [so] similar in function to progesterone in protecting the tissues that they’ve experimented removing the ovaries from rats after they have been impregnated, and then giving them testosterone during pregnancy. It is a progestin in that sense of being able to sustain a pregnancy in the absence of ovaries."

I guess some of the confusion with testosterone comes from the fact that it can aromatize. Hard to study it and make proper assertions.

OP
burtlancast

burtlancast

In the process of correcting all these transcripts, i've noticed a recurrent tendency by Ray to reject the verb in a sentence right at the end of it, like German language does .

Example:
I am going to the library today.

It becomes: To the library today i'm going.

I guess when you're fluent in too many languages like Ray, you begin to mix the grammatical rules between them, and that makes for difficult comprehension sometimes.

Last edited:
OP
burtlancast

burtlancast

I wonder if they caught some flak from the lawyers about discussing these topics in the past?

Not really, but i highly suspect one of the common agreements between Ray and The Herb Doctors show is to stay clear of taking sides on political charged topics.

This seems to be a standard procedure.
I remember listening to Mercola interviewing Sid Chopra, the Indian scientist working for the canadian health authorities, who blew the whistle on Monsanto's growth hormone; his heroism caused Canada to reject the BGH in their cows, although in the USA it's allowed.

When Chopra started to detail the biochemical deleterious effects of bovine growth hormone on the human organism, Mercola immediately interrupted him and swerved the direction of the interview on another subject.