Enamel regeneration possible after all ?

Mossy

So the chinese apparently found a way to regnerate enamel. Their key substance trimetheylamine.

Interesting. I see that that article is from October 2019. Too bad there’s not a commercial product available by now. I have some teeth that could use that.

I thought it might be helpful to reference this excerpt from the article, which provides a bit more specifics:

“The researchers found that mixing calcium and phosphate ions, two minerals found in enamel, with trimethylamine in an alcohol solution causes enamel to grow with the same structure as teeth.”

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Interesting. I see that that article is from October 2019. Too bad there’s not a commercial product available by now. I have some teeth that could use that.

I thought it might be helpful to reference this excerpt from the article, which provides a bit more specifics:

“The researchers found that mixing calcium and phosphate ions, two minerals found in enamel, with trimethylamine in an alcohol solution causes enamel to grow with the same structure as teeth.”
So the first two components are already something that is sold on the market for teeth but getting a hold of trimethylamine not easy

Mossy

So the first two components are already something that is sold on the market for teeth but getting a hold of trimethylamine not easy
It looks like it can be made from four ingredients. Though it has the smell of dead fish! No wonder there’s not a commercial product yet.