Emoxypine Increases Mitochondrial Oxygen Consumption

NathanK

Haha, I just saw their promo email and I took a look into the product. Id never heard of it. Looks Russian devised. And about as "Peaty" as it comes. It also lowers leukotriene production. It's like an aspirin/B6 cocktail :). I'm gonna look more into it to see how it actually works on metabolism.

haidut

Forum Supporter
The Wikipedia page says it is dopaminergic, which probably explains most of its effects. Dopamine agonists have very similar clinical effects. I am wondering how much it differs from P5P given how similar they are in structure and published effects.

Parsifal

The Wikipedia page says it is dopaminergic, which probably explains most of its effects. Dopamine agonists have very similar clinical effects. I am wondering how much it differs from P5P given how similar they are in structure and published effects.
What about cocaine/amphetamines? Why do they raise stress hormones?

haidut

Forum Supporter
What about cocaine/amphetamines? Why do they raise stress hormones?

Cocaine is an SSRI, SDRI, and SNRI. The specific net effect is different for everybody, but raising the levels of serotonin and norepinephrine will certainly give you the jitters. Cocaine is also excitotoxic through the glutamate system and has pretty similar effects on brain as estrogen.

beachbum

Cocaine is an SSRI, SDRI, and SNRI. The specific net effect is different for everybody, but raising the levels of serotonin and norepinephrine will certainly give you the jitters. Cocaine is also excitotoxic through the glutamate system and has pretty similar effects on brain as estrogen.
Why did it make me calm and focused. Yes, me did the stuff as well as hard verison, but no more. Sorry for responding to an old thread but I gotts to know:):rolleyes:

Mauritio

Has anybody tried it?

cjm

Has anybody tried it?

Planning to! The Russians strike again! Modified B6? I'm just starting to read about it, but I fell in love with another Russian doll, piracetam, years ago after Ray mentioned it in his Altered Consciousness article (one of my absolute favorites by him).

Mauritio

Planning to! The Russians strike again! Modified B6? I'm just starting to read about it, but I fell in love with another Russian doll, piracetam, years ago after Ray mentioned it in his Altered Consciousness article (one of my absolute favorites by him).
Funny that you say that. Just this weekend I experimented with my first racetam- oxiracetam.
I found it made me crave social contact way more and generally had more artistic sensitive feeling . Very interesting. I actually found a study showing it slightly lowered serotonin and increased dopamine and gaba . Have you tried it ?
Didn't know that ray talked about piracetam , gonna read up on that!

cjm

Funny that you say that. Just this weekend I experimented with my first racetam- oxiracetam.
I found it made me crave social contact way more and generally had more artistic sensitive feeling . Very interesting. I actually found a study showing it slightly lowered serotonin and increased dopamine and gaba . Have you tried it ?

Never tried oxiracteam. Those are fantastic effects, though. I dabbled with noopept but my experimentation was reckless when I was taking it, couldn't discern any effects. But I remember the first time I took piracetam and it was like an enormous pressure was relieved in my head. Never could reproduce the results.

Mauritio

Never tried oxiracteam. Those are fantastic effects, though. I dabbled with noopept but my experimentation was reckless when I was taking it, couldn't discern any effects. But I remember the first time I took piracetam and it was like an enormous pressure was relieved in my head. Never could reproduce the results.
Yeah I only tried it twice so far . But I really liked it. Also tried noopept the weekend before ,which felt okay ,but liked oxi better .

From what I've read results to the racetams seem to very a lot . Some people claim that oxi makes them anti-social, while I was hitting up old friends because I genuinely missed them .

cjm

Yeah I only tried it twice so far . But I really liked it. Also tried noopept the weekend before ,which felt okay ,but liked oxi better .

From what I've read results to the racetams seem to very a lot . Some people claim that oxi makes them anti-social, while I was hitting up old friends because I genuinely missed them .

That's awesome! Testimonials are varied, you're right. People were talking about it lowering blood sugar, which might explain poor results.

Mauritio

That's awesome! Testimonials are varied, you're right. People were talking about it lowering blood sugar, which might explain poor results.
Interesting , that might explain some of the effects that I felt . Like after having a walk I found myself a little irritable. Might have been hypoglycemia. I also found I didn't really like big crowds in the city ,but could stare in the water or sky with admiration almost a bit lsd like , but no stoney feeling .

Mauritio

Emoxypine also lowers lipofuscin and lipid peroxidation !

Mauritio

"The mechanism of mexidol's antihypoxic action is connected with its specific influence
on the energy metabolism [32, 33]. Mexidol is an antihypoxant with direct energizing
effect: it affects the endogenic respiration of mitochondria activating their function of
energy synthesis
. "

Mauritio

It is anti-excitotoxic , lowers glutamate ,NO and lipid peroxidation .

Effect of mexidol on the development of the phenomenon of the excitotoxic syndrome in vitro has been studied. Mexidol inhibits in vitro the development of glutamate-induced neurotoxicity, ascorbate-dependent (non-enzymatic) and NADPH₂-dependent (enzymatic) iron-induced lipid peroxide oxidation, is able in high concentrations to bind superoxide anion-radical, significantly increases the activity of Se-dependent glutathione peroxidase, decreases the activity of induced NO-synthase and does not impact on the activity of glutathione-SH-transferase, catalase and neuronal NO-synthase. These effects underlie the antioxidant and antihypoxic action of the drug.

Again neuroprotective and anti-glutamate.

Last edited:

Mauritio

It normalizes glycogen content in the liver under stress .

Again: liver protective .

Mauritio

It's very protective against ionizing radiation .
Increases survival to almost 100% .

"This effect was stronger in mexidol administration twice a day. After ionizing radiation in a dose 7.7 Gy only 56% mice survived. Twice a day mexidol increased the survival to 94%. Once a day mexidol had insignificant effect on survival of mice. Thus, administration of mexidol on days 1-8 after radiation had a good effect on metabolism, stimulates regenerative processes in hemopoietic system, attenuates severity of ARS and increases survival of irradiated animals."

Mauritio

cjm

Emoxypine arrived last night. I almost forgot I ordered it and I was definitely about to cancel when placing the order, just because I had bought some taurine and GABA at the same time, both now sitting idly in my medicine cabinet.

I am very glad I didn't cancel this order.

Took an oral dose in the evening, 130mg. Taste is super sour but not unpleasant. I swished it around in my mouth, gargled with it, it was nice.

I also made an eye drop with it. That's when things got interesting...

I don't want to risk overstating the benefits but it released tension in my head and sort of unleashed a chain reaction that is still going on. I talked about Vitamin K doing relieving tension nicely in my eyedrop thread but this is completely different. Vitamin K's effect in the eye was subtle and fleeting while Emoxypine kept working.

I'll update my eye drop thread when I'm good and ready but I consider emoxypine a treatment for learned hopelessness.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals