Email With Ray On Vision

Beastmode

ME:
What are your current thoughts/experiments on improving vision? More specifically acuity (reading books, road signs, etc.)

I've noticed my vision improving when at higher elevation which also correlated with a easier time going to the bathroom (better flow when urinating.)

The correlation I've made is better CO2 concentration which leads me back to my thyroid status. I've noticed since cutting out PUFA, eating more calcium, protein, T3, etc my temps and pulse are better and my mood, focus, energy, etc have improved.

RP:
I’m nearsighted, and have noticed improvement with several weeks at high altitude, and with a pregnenolone supplement it’s even better. Pregnenolone allows fibroblasts to function a little like smooth muscle, and those cells in the sclera and skin can improve roundness of the eyeballs, and tone of the skin.

ME:
Interesting on the pregnenolone as I just started with 70 mg last night. I live at sea level and can honestly say my vision is a bit better today as I was reading an article with much smaller print before I read your email.

No incoherent dreaming so I'll steadily increase the dose to see what is the "sweet spot" and if any visual improvements continue before I can get to higher elevation. One thing of note is the fuel demand that's needed for it as I slept deeply for the 1st 3 hours, but was awake for a few hours afterward (no racing mind, just calmly lying in bed with my eyes closed.)

Would astigmatisms fall into this category of possibly being lessened due to the changing of shape to the eyeballs?

RP:
Yes, I think it’s the result of weakness of both sclera and cornea.

I can definitely say after a week taking it, I catch myself reading more things that I would normally grab my "cheat glasses" for.

The only change I've made is adding the pregnenolone (70 mg) with my breakfast.

One thing of note about the CO2 is I haven't given paper bag breathing a serious attempt to see how much that may help with my vision. Now that I can see the pregnenolone is having a nice effect, amongst other things (tighter skin, muscles feel firm without working out, better focus, etc) I may add the bag breathing next.

I've had cortisol issues for most of my life and was most likely hypo since birth (I'm 39.)

unicorn

ME:
What are your current thoughts/experiments on improving vision? More specifically acuity (reading books, road signs, etc.)

I've noticed my vision improving when at higher elevation which also correlated with a easier time going to the bathroom (better flow when urinating.)

The correlation I've made is better CO2 concentration which leads me back to my thyroid status. I've noticed since cutting out PUFA, eating more calcium, protein, T3, etc my temps and pulse are better and my mood, focus, energy, etc have improved.

RP:
I’m nearsighted, and have noticed improvement with several weeks at high altitude, and with a pregnenolone supplement it’s even better. Pregnenolone allows fibroblasts to function a little like smooth muscle, and those cells in the sclera and skin can improve roundness of the eyeballs, and tone of the skin.

ME:
Interesting on the pregnenolone as I just started with 70 mg last night. I live at sea level and can honestly say my vision is a bit better today as I was reading an article with much smaller print before I read your email.

No incoherent dreaming so I'll steadily increase the dose to see what is the "sweet spot" and if any visual improvements continue before I can get to higher elevation. One thing of note is the fuel demand that's needed for it as I slept deeply for the 1st 3 hours, but was awake for a few hours afterward (no racing mind, just calmly lying in bed with my eyes closed.)

Would astigmatisms fall into this category of possibly being lessened due to the changing of shape to the eyeballs?

RP:
Yes, I think it’s the result of weakness of both sclera and cornea.

I can definitely say after a week taking it, I catch myself reading more things that I would normally grab my "cheat glasses" for.

The only change I've made is adding the pregnenolone (70 mg) with my breakfast.

One thing of note about the CO2 is I haven't given paper bag breathing a serious attempt to see how much that may help with my vision. Now that I can see the pregnenolone is having a nice effect, amongst other things (tighter skin, muscles feel firm without working out, better focus, etc) I may add the bag breathing next.

I've had cortisol issues for most of my life and was most likely hypo since birth (I'm 39.)

What type of Pregnonelone exactly?

OP
Beastmode

Beastmode

What type of Pregnonelone exactly?

One that works for you.

Everyone seems to have different reactions to them. My system is back and forth with how it responds. If I don't take it for a while, I get a nice dopamine type boost and the next day when having it I'll feel more serotonin type symptoms.