EM Radiation From Headphones - Demonstration

For those that own the Trifield meter, would you recommend it?
It's fun to play around and you can definitely find out what is doing what in your house, but that's it. So yes I recommend it unless you look at the price of other meters and think "hmm all things considered, this is cheaper than a tire cap on my Lamborghini and I still have all 4 caps"

OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

It's fun to play around and you can definitely find out what is doing what in your house, but that's it. So yes I recommend it unless you look at the price of other meters and think "hmm all things considered, this is cheaper than a tire cap on my Lamborghini and I still have all 4 caps"
Suchzord, do you know why the warranty is so modest?

Sucrates

Did you insulate just walls or do you need roof too? I wonder how much it costs on average to insulate a room (size: bedroom or living room, not a small room), and whether you really need to cover everything (seems like you did by including the door) to get most of the exposure reduction.
Just the walls. There is fiberglass insulation above but I don't think that's relative in my case. Might be if there are emitters above you.

whit

Travis and Such have this problem, they attribute to EMF but it's just the fact that no headphone on the market fits their head with comfort. They claim it's the system trying to compress repress their nature. Perhaps this is your case as well.

My chickens have the opposite problem only earbuds will work for my ladies. They prefer the classics for laying and heavy metal for foraging.

cyclops

I use headphones when exercising. Can't really give that up. Does anyone know if the wireless ones are allot worse then wired headphones when using wifi? Or is it all the same because your using the phone/wifi anyway?

J

jb116

I use headphones when exercising. Can't really give that up. Does anyone know if the wireless ones are allot worse then wired headphones when using wifi? Or is it all the same because your using the phone/wifi anyway?
Get airtube ear buds, done.

shepherdgirl

Has anyone tested Ultrasone headphones with their meter? Curious about how effective their shielding is.

I actually used to have a pair of ultrasone pro 900's several years ago. They had a metal plate in front of the driver with small holes for the s-logic. They claimed to reduce emissions by up to 98%. My biggest gripe was that the sound could be changed if you slid the headphones around or put them on backwards. They cost nearly 500 dollars but damn they sounded good. I've been using speakers for a while but I've been thinking about a pair of headphones when playing games with my friends because they always complain about sound picking up from my speakers through the mic. All the emf stuff has been really off putting though. The air tubes sound interesting but I wonder how that affects sound quality. I actually totally forgot about the shielding on ultrasones. I'll have to look into them again.

Last edited:

shepherdgirl

@InterrogaOmnia
Really glad to hear that you liked their sound quality. I recently tried a pair of the tube earphones and was disappointed. So I think I will try to get some shielded ultrasones.

Chaos

I have the GQ-390 and tested my ear buds. Some interesting things:
  • It would stick to around 4 V/m when volume was at 20-30%.
  • At 100% volume it would be around 60 V/m
I now listen to things on low volume.

I'm going to invest in air tube headphones.

Douglas Ek

I think part of being a healthy individual is being able to pick and choose unhealthy aspects in life to cut out. For instance, i have to use a microwave at work. There are no if's and's or butts about it. I also will always use headphones when i work out.

With that being said, I never eat PUFAS unless i simply can't avoid it, i never do endurance training, i take very beneficial supplements, etc. Modern culture is filled with very unhealthy characteristics all around us. We will never be perfectly healthy, but being neurotic and trying to avoid everything such as cell phones, headphones, microwave is no way to live IMO. Limiting the use of such things? Sure, logical. Eliminating completely? Neurotic and unreasonable IMO.

this is a sane perspective & thinking that goes with everything in life. Before electromagnetism or worrying about eating fats with too many double bonds humans worried about other stuff on the danger list that we don't worry about today like being eaten alive if we took the path through the jungle instead of the safer but longer path around it or something like that. I can totally agree as to living by eliminating everything dangerous then it's probably easier to just suicide.

shepherdgirl

What about sewing a cloth "cage" completely around the headphones and some of the cord, using one or two layers of some kind of EMF blocking cloth such as swiss shield? Would that work to cut the EMF dosage to the head?

cats