EM Radiation From Headphones - Demonstration

Peatful

Wow.
Timely for me.
Conversation with my youngest daughter this morning along these lines.
Thx for posting.

Thoughts on ear buds?

J

jb116

I'm an audio/mixing professional and this becomes even more of an issue because in the consumer world, some times health related things become hot-topic and therefore a selling point. And sometimes these mainline hot-topics can be beneficial (think coconut oil craze now). So you can easily buy cheap earbuds that are radiation free. But to buy professional headphones for actual work: that's more boutique, and they don't necessarily cater to these things like "radiation-free" headphones. In the audio world mixers are increasingly using headphones and I have stayed away from them for this exact reason.

Jsaute21

ow ****, i asked headphones for christmas

I think part of being a healthy individual is being able to pick and choose unhealthy aspects in life to cut out. For instance, i have to use a microwave at work. There are no if's and's or butts about it. I also will always use headphones when i work out.

With that being said, I never eat PUFAS unless i simply can't avoid it, i never do endurance training, i take very beneficial supplements, etc. Modern culture is filled with very unhealthy characteristics all around us. We will never be perfectly healthy, but being neurotic and trying to avoid everything such as cell phones, headphones, microwave is no way to live IMO. Limiting the use of such things? Sure, logical. Eliminating completely? Neurotic and unreasonable IMO.

Jsaute21

yeah ur right I just don't now how harmfull EMF is

yeah, its scary ***t. Cell phones are terrifying. I put mine on airplane mode every night next to me. But i personally can't imagine my life without it - work wise, socially, etc.

Stud

yeah, its scary ***t. Cell phones are terrifying. I put mine on airplane mode every night next to me. But i personally can't imagine my life without it - work wise, socially, etc.
it's obviously not posible to cut everything out but it seems like when technology came out the global health deteriated and autism skyrocketed

milk_lover

Regular ear buds are just as bad according to the video. Probably worse because it goes deeper in the eardrum.

You need an "air tube" headset.
Although the video below promotes a product, it shows how effective the air tube is at reducing EMF.. I am tempted to buy an air tube headset one day and see its effects..

cats

Most in-ear monitors (IEM) use balanced armature transducers that require far less electricity to operate compared to the dynamic transducers that are used in headphones and earbuds. This would equate to lower levels of EMF, although I suppose you also have to account for the fact that they will sit closer to your head. Also, Ultrasone makes full-size headphones that are shielded to reduce EMF exposure.

Makrosky

Guys, calm down.

The trifield XE100 meter, that is used in the video, has issues giving biased readings. It should be tested with a more professional meter.

OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

Guys, calm down.

The trifield XE100 meter, that is used in the video, has issues giving biased readings. It should be tested with a more professional meter.
It also intensifies with volume, and the guy set it pretty high.
But it's useful to visualize that something right beside your head can emit a significant amount disturbing radiation, and to seek alternatives out of precaution. To be honest I was expecting this thread to fly straight to our dungeons, without connections.

J

jb116

Regardless of the tolerance of a measuring device, it's still happening. For me it's not a necessity to wear headphones for work stuff. For casual listening, radiation-free FTW.

Makrosky

It also intensifies with volume, and the guy set it pretty high.
But it's useful to visualize that something right beside your head can emit a significant amount disturbing radiation, and to seek alternatives out of precaution. To be honest I was expecting this thread to fly straight to our dungeons, without connections.
Of course, the thing is worrying. Maybe that explains why I never liked using big headphones, they made me feel very uncomfortable. I think I once read the trifield giving readings 10x times higher than the reality.

OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

Of course, the thing is worrying. Maybe that explains why I never liked using big headphones, they made me feel very uncomfortable. I think I once read the trifield giving readings 10x times higher than the reality.
Travis and Such have this problem, they attribute to EMF but it's just the fact that no headphone on the market fits their head with comfort. They claim it's the system trying to compress repress their nature. Perhaps this is your case as well.