Elon Musk offers $100M to whomever can effectively reduce atmospheric co2

gaze

I have a good solution. stop deforestation and plant more trees. I wonder if he'll pay me 100m?

OP
GelatinGoblin

GelatinGoblin

J

jimmy5493

Wait question: Is the CO2 released from fossil fuels the same as healthy co2. Like is it healthy? I'm afraid I am completely ignorant about these things

gaze

Wait question: Is the CO2 released from fossil fuels the same as healthy co2. Like is it healthy? I'm afraid I am completely ignorant about these things
the co2 is the same, but it's not healthy because burning fossil fuels comes with a ton of other unhealthy things, such as carbon monoxide and a variety of carcinogenic pollutants. but, a high atmospheric co2 would technically be healthier, a lot of life would flourish.

Perry Staltic

the co2 is the same, but it's not healthy because burning fossil fuels comes with a ton of other unhealthy things, such as carbon monoxide and a variety of carcinogenic pollutants. but, a high atmospheric co2 would technically be healthier, a lot of life would flourish.

Modern life has tradeoffs. If you want to see unhealthy stop burning fossil fuels.

tankasnowgod

The CO2 is the same. But fossil fuels release other toxins as well when they are burned. That's the real issue. Global warming and reducing CO2 emissions is a smokescreen to distract from real pollutants, like Sulfur Dioxide, mercury and arsenic.

EDIT- just noticed Gaze said basically the same thing first.

Hermes

What a bogus idea to incentivise people with money. As if that was the primary motivator for most people. It's just reflective of their own jaded worldview.

The real question is, if he's so fine with just handing over 100 million dollars to some supposed individual who can complete some outlandish objective, what's stopping him from just utilizing said money to the benefit of those who could use it in more everyday, realistic, and overall helpful manners throughout greater scopes of society/humanity?

Forget 100 million ... Many would be fine with much less than that for something more realistically doable or overall beneficial by society at large. This sounds more like one trotting around loads of money under the guise of it being some brave, earnest reward handed to one presumably super special individual for doing something set up in a way that most couldn't actually make ground work on to begin with, let alone the debate on what the end-game would be. I think it'd be more sensible for him to maybe offer $100 to paint his car or something like that, as that's something with a clear goal and purpose in mind that most people could do and benefit from, rather than some insane goal with no clear idea of what it seeks to achieve -- and that seems it's for some specialized approach or purpose that eliminates the majority from even applying a conception of it, much less actually doing something about it in some likely unspecified or possibly even unpredictable form.

Don't people with access to billions benefit society more by creating companies/jobs that hire at least or create some opportunities, provide good products/services, give away some of their money, help expand horizons/connect people, and form broader goals together than merely offering extreme, one-off bounties for seemingly dubious tasks?

I mean I am just visualizing this akin to some wealthy donor trotting around loads of money in exchange for something must don't even have the luxury of applying for said position, like visiting an impoverished 3rd world country & offering a million bucks to the first person who owns a limited-edition, mint, customized Rolls Royce.

Last edited:

yerrag

My G*D.
Well this is it, might aswell just inhibit cellular respiration
What's next? Banning CO2 tanks? And then what, Sodium Bicarbonate? Bags? Mitochondria?
Bill Gates hands down gets the prize, if we just stop being so pesky and keep him from bringing us down to 500m.

Then he will hand the prize money back to Elon for further whittling us down to 50m.

It's a billionaire's game, but only select billionaires get to play.

You in?

docall18

The major reason western governments push the C02 scam, is because we are at peak oil&gas. The remaining oil and gas requires way more energy to extract, making it less economical (ie shale oil).
Also most of the oil&gas reserves are controlled by Russia, Venezuela, Iran, Libya Iraq, Saudi Arabia.

The climate change agenda is to push renewable investment. However, they are finding the return on energy investment is also bad.

Germany was the major driver of renewables, but they have realised its not the answer. Hence the construction of Nord stream 2, which will put them under Russian influence.

Back
Top Bottom