Elevated Lactate Dehydrogenase.. please help

Bodrum

Please help me to understand why, consequences as well. If you point the right way to find some good info about it, I would appreciate it ??

haidut

Forum Supporter
Please help me to understand why, consequences as well. If you point the right way to find some good info about it, I would appreciate it ??

The main LDH test only tells you the total amount of LDH in the blood. The LDH fraction in the blood is actually composed of multiple isoenzymes, each of them expressed preferentially in different tissues/organs. Most labs can also do the isoenzyme breakdown test and it will probably be able to show which tissue/organ the issue is coming from. So, I'd as the doctor to repeat the LDH test but with isoenzyme breakdowns and then you can narrow down the search.

OP
Bodrum

Bodrum

The main LDH test only tells you the total amount of LDH in the blood. The LDH fraction in the blood is actually composed of multiple isoenzymes, each of them expressed preferentially in different tissues/organs. Most labs can also do the isoenzyme breakdown test and it will probably be able to show which tissue/organ the issue is coming from. So, I'd as the doctor to repeat the LDH test but with isoenzyme breakdowns and then you can narrow down the search.
Thank you so much ??

peateats1

I had this a couple years ago. I emailed peat and he said it was hypothyroid induced. So I started taking thyroid and brought my tsh down to under one, and the ldh normalized.

OP
Bodrum

Bodrum

I had this a couple years ago. I emailed peat and he said it was hypothyroid induced. So I started taking thyroid and brought my tsh down to under one, and the ldh normalized.
Thank you

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals