Elemental Zinc

TheSpartan1987

okay... now im confused again, my bottle say: Zinc (from zinc picolinate) 50mg. 333% dv. (brand NOW)

i have another brand, from GNC, 50mg/tab, this says:
Zinc (as zinc Gluconate) 50mg 333% dv.

2pic. here.

20170404_102026.jpg 20170404_102017.jpg 20170404_101549.jpg 20170404_101521.jpg

TheSpartan1987

the brand NOW , is all 50mg is Elemental zinc ?
from GNC is just around 15% elemental?
im confused. really.

Amazoniac

im confused. really.
They already calculate how much of the element based on the form..

toxinless.com by @Dan Wich is very good.

Dan, have you considered putting the size of the capsule (at least for the recommended products which use it)? There are some of them of the size of Koveras' neuron. I'm sure you already came accross those rulers for comparison. It's another factor to account for when it comes minimizing excipients..

Dan Wich

im confused. really.
To make what Amazoniac said explicit: both contain 50mg elemental zinc per capsule/tablet.

Dan, have you considered putting the size of the capsule (at least for the recommended products which use it)?
I've thought about it (or perhaps weighing the supplements) to give a sense of the scale of the excipients. I'm preeeeetty lazy though.

There are some of them of the size of Koveras' neuron.
I picture Koveras as a giant glowing brain in a vat.

TheSpartan1987

after 1 week of use, zinc picolinate 50mg , and zinc gluconate 100 mg
(around 30mg elemental zinc total) my hair grow more faster, and i see new hair too.

TheSpartan1987

150mg zinc daily, equal around 30mg elemental zinc.
1000mg l cystein, 100mcg selen, 1000mg l-lysine, vitamin A 1000IU, vitamin D 5000IU, vitamine B12 2000MCG, Vitamin 6, vitamin E, Copper 1mg, Biotin 10.000Mcg Iodine and Super cortisol blocker from NOW and quercetin bromelain from Doctors best.
My hair is much stronger and i see new hairs.

LeeLemonoil

Zinc acetate seems overlooked to me. Acetates are well absorbed and Zinc acetate especially is a widely used, harmless additive in foods, chewing gum especially.

Moreover, @haidut posted this thread
Simple Copper Complexes Are A Powerful Alternative To Antibiotics

about a study that found that organic acids salts of minerals are also powerfully antibiotics. I don't know if Zinc acetate fits the bill and it would also get seperated in the stomach mostly, but maybe it has additional welcome effects in the intestines.

I don't know how healhy or unhealthy supplemeted organic acids like acetic acids are, but I'd guess if one has to choose between acetates and gluconates, acetic acid seems favourable to gluconic acids.

In a thread about Magnesiumbicarbonate somebody also ciamed that Mg acetate gets converted to Mg bicarbonate inside the body. Could not verify that statement but there is probably another beneficial layer to Zinc acetate supplementation in comparison to other Zics supplements.

japanesedude

Study: Zinc Citrate Absorption Superior to Oxide

Study: Zinc Citrate Absorption Superior to Oxide
November 26, 2013

BASEL, Switzerland—According to new research published in The Journal of Nutrition, zinc citrate showed superior absorption compared to zinc oxide and was on par with the nutritional benchmark zinc gluconate.

Despite the benefits of zinc citrate compared to soluble zinc salts and more neutral taste, no human absorption data was available to date.

The randomized, double blind, crossover study was led by Rita Wegmüller and

Richard Hurrel of the ETH Zurich (J. Nutr. January 1, 2013 jn.113.181487). The study focused on 15 healthy young adults that received 10 mg of elemental zinc though a zinc citrate supplement. Researchers then measured the zinc gluconate or zinc oxide and the absorption using the double isotope tracer methodology.

Median fractional absorption of zinc from zinc citrate was 61.3 percent and was not different to that from zinc gluconate with 60.9 percent; however, absorption from zinc oxide was at 49.9 percent, significantly lower than from both supplements. Three subjects had little or no absorption from zinc oxide. This might be explained by the fact that zinc oxide is an insoluble compound which may not be dissolved sufficiently by people with low gastric acid production.

According to the authors of the study, zinc citrate could be a useful compound for zinc supplementation. Currently, WHO recommends the use of the water soluble compounds zinc sulfate, zinc acetate or zinc gluconate in the form of syrups or dispersible tablets to manage diarrhea. Zinc citrate might be a useful addition to this list and be especially suitable for chewable/crushable tablets since it has better sensory properties.

The study was supported by Jungbunzlauer International AG. Zinc citrate is produced in Jungbunzlauer’s Pernhofen, Austria plant and supplied to food, dietary supplement and pharmaceutical industries worldwide.

Inaut

I use zinc citrate. Bought a pound of it a long time ago and at 140mg a day, I’ll have it for a long time to come