Electrical Help, Is 130v Br40 Bulb Safe For 120v Brooder Clamp?

john88

Hello RayPeatForums,
I bought a 250W 130v redbulb that is infrared
i found out in chat, that its say using higher volt Bulb in lower volt socket,

i just wonder, if its safe, what will happen to the bulb? because its 130V, the socket is 120V
they are both 250 Watts
will the light diminish?

Last edited:

sele

:welcome@john88

i just wonder, if its safe, what will happen to the bulb? because its 130V, the socket is 120V
they are both 250 Watts
will the light diminish?
It's absolutely safe. I use it myself. If this is your first time, use it for 15 minutes. You'll enjoy it.

OP
J

john88

Ty, i have ordered and received my brooder clamp. Im worried its a knockoff, because i bought 300W from bayco,

yet the lampholder socket says 250V 660W inside, and on outside of lampholder, says made by YU-XING YX-111

on inside, a sticker says " caution: To reduce fire risk, use 300 watt type PS or smaller Lamp
Label No.CE-303-23 E233929

my bulb is type a "130V 250W Bulbrite, aka 250BR40HR". Its a type A instead of type PS

Should i be worried since socket says 660w? who is YU-Xing yx-111? i thought bayco made it

Last edited:
OP
J

john88

Probably knockoff.
there are no stores nearby that sell clamp brooders, please do you know if its safe to use this lamp?
i found the companies website

im also concerned it might change the amount of infrared. Because this is not well tested or easy info to find, i will probably refund it.
but if its safe to use, then i wonder how a fixture rated for higher voltage/watts, would affect amount of useful infrared vs using proper fixture.

if you have any ideas about this, please let me know, thankyou.

sele

there are no stores nearby that sell clamp brooders, please do you know if its safe to use this lamp?
i found the companies website

im also concerned it might change the amount of infrared. Because this is not well tested or easy info to find, i will probably refund it.
but if its safe to use, then i wonder how a fixture rated for higher voltage/watts, would affect amount of useful infrared vs using proper fixture.

if you have any ideas about this, please let me know, thankyou.
Wait. I'm confused.
Is the holder or the bulb made by YU-XING YX-111?
Holders are made by several chinese co.
If 600W is on the holder/fixture it means it is safe to use a bulb up to 600W.
A 250W bulb should be perfectly fine.

OP
J

john88

Wait. I'm confused.
Is the holder or the bulb made by YU-XING YX-111?
Holders are made by several chinese co.
If 600W is on the holder/fixture it means it is safe to use a bulb up to 600W.
A 250W bulb should be perfectly fine.

this what it look like. i had to pull a random google image, the yx site is down
https://www.picclickimg.com/d/l400/...rcelain-Lamp-Holder-Light-Socket-HID-4-kV.jpg

its rated 240V
if my bulb is 130V, i dont know what will happen. either way it says to use ps bulb type to avoid fire or smaller bulb. my bulb is an A-type, so i cant use it. i dont know enough electrically to make that decision, so yea.

Inaut

Can anybody recommend a site to order 130v bulbs in Canada? Its so hard to find them locally and prices are stupid expensive compared to 120v... I've found some on eBay

gaze

Can anybody recommend a site to order 130v bulbs in Canada? Its so hard to find them locally and prices are stupid expensive compared to 120v... I've found some on eBay
pretty much hard to find anywhere on the internet now. What does everyone use as a daily light in bedroom, etc?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom