Electric Universe Meets Geology (Mountains Made With Electricity)

@charlie I dont understand why someone wants to disprove that mountains are made as a result of plate tectonics. What is wrong with it as a way of describing how mountains are made? Its hardly a controversial theory.

Mountains are being created as we speak along subduction zones, the mid Atlantic ridge continues to erupt pushing plates apart. Erosion through weathering.

I watched his videos and he starts quoting the Bible, the Hebrews, shamen, "fire and brimstone" "fire serpents" and "ancients doing battle in the skies". Sorry , not for me.

The earth doesn't subduct, my friend. Subduction zones and the theories sorrounding it are bull**** stories made to cover up the expanding earth. The reason the mid-atlantic ridge is "pushing plates apart" is because of expansion.

Nokoni

The reason the mid-atlantic ridge is "pushing plates apart" is because of expansion.
Wow, didn't know that. Even the earth is getting bloated. Maybe too much PUFA in the crust.

Simonsays

@pimpnamedraypeat Theres a flat earth thread as well somewhere you might like. Im not sure if God made it like that or the EU. I think its something to do with Hilary Clinton being a secret satanist.

Waynish

The earth doesn't subduct, my friend. Subduction zones and the theories sorrounding it are bull**** stories made to cover up the expanding earth. The reason the mid-atlantic ridge is "pushing plates apart" is because of expansion.

I've read everything on expanding earth and I don't think it is so straight forward that you can merely use the word "bull****" as evidence of expansion... Observations have always been consistent about density increasing as we go into the earth. If you think it is hollow like a geode, then we need some more solid evidence - or at least some predictions - for it to be a real theory.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I've read everything on expanding earth and I don't think it is so straight forward that you can merely use the word "bull****" as evidence of expansion... Observations have always been consistent about density increasing as we go into the earth. If you think it is hollow like a geode, then we need some more solid evidence - or at least some predictions - for it to be a real theory.

As far as I know the earth isn't hollow. But it is expanding.

Nokoni

Waynish

Saying the earth is expanding is like saying, "I'm gaining weight." It says nothing about how or why... Collecting space dust? Growing from the inside like a geode... It really matters. We've been measuring the precise size of the earth since satellites have been around and it doesn't show growth nearly as quickly as the Neal Adams community claims.

Saying the earth is expanding is like saying, "I'm gaining weight." It says nothing about how or why... Collecting space dust? Growing from the inside like a geode... It really matters. We've been measuring the precise size of the earth since satellites have been around and it doesn't show growth nearly as quickly as the Neal Adams community claims.

First off who's we? NASA lies, bro.

The earth grows the same way an apple grows. Through accumulation of charged solar winds at the magnetic poles, charges solar wind is otherwise known as plasma, which is otherwise know as birkland currents.

OK so maybe not the same exact way but it's all based on electricity. Fruits are copies of the same design that the planet was built on.

Growth is directed accumulation of matter around a magnetic field. Magnetic fields are created by electricity.

700px-About_Torus.png

Waynish

First off who's we? NASA lies, bro.

The earth grows the same way an apple grows. Through accumulation of charged solar winds at the magnetic poles, charges solar wind is otherwise known as plasma, which is otherwise know as birkland currents.

OK so maybe not the same exact way but it's all based on electricity. Fruits are copies of the same design that the planet was built on.

Growth is directed accumulation of matter around a magnetic field. Magnetic fields are created by electricity.

700px-About_Torus.png

Why do you expect people to drop all of their evidence when you give none and state something as an accepted truth, when it isn't? How is a plasma causing the earth to gain mass? Is this a really heavy plasma? :)

Nokoni

Why do you expect people to drop all of their evidence when you give none and state something as an accepted truth, when it isn't? How is a plasma causing the earth to gain mass? Is this a really heavy plasma? :)
IIRC, 99+ percent of the mass in the universe is plasma, so plasma would seem to be heavy enough. Which proves nothing, of course, but it does make plasma worthy of consideration. And if there is a net inflow of plasma, Earth would necessarily gain mass, unless Earth was losing non-plasma mass somehow. I wouldn't know if there's a net inflow, but Birkeland currents do active scour mass in the vicinity and cause it accumulate.

@pimpnamedraypeat 's assertions don't seem outrageous to me at all. I'd like to hear more.

Waynish

Would also like to hear more... I just don't think it should be said as if it were obvious. I've had debates with pro physicists on both sides - and I find it much more difficult to get supporting evidence out of one side... And that's the side I want to learn more about :)

Ideonaut

Charlie, this guy is so full of ***t. At first I thought he was a some kind of Young Earth Creationist, but he actually appears to be mentally ill or an alcoholic that decided to call himself a geologist after retirement. He seems to have created a hobby career for himself of explaining mountain building as a catastrophic event caused by comets and electricity in an extremely unsupported way using ancient myths as inspiration (Did you hear him say. "I think this was happening during the Exodus" in the video?). He flat out denies plate tectonics exists in the video. He is also claiming that oil came from a comet like it's a fact.

I mean no insult if you are interested in this "Electric Universe" subculture that he seems to be associated with, but my undergraduate degree was in Geophysics so I could not restrain myself. My guess is that he was an engineer (or maybe no science background at all) and always wanted to be a geologist. I get a kick out of contrarians, so thanks for sharing!
I know an electrical engineer who is convinced of this electrical universe explanation, and I made her mad by saying I thought Velikhovsky was full of it. I said that because of his correlating these "worlds in collision" events with alleged Biblical events, like the edible "mana" that fell from the sky.
This guy's catastrophism claims and explanations concerning welded tuff and dolomite seem plausible, but connecting these geological time scale (millions of years) events with relatively recent (a few thousand years) human history events is not credible at all.

Nokoni

Would also like to hear more... I just don't think it should be said as if it were obvious. I've had debates with pro physicists on both sides - and I find it much more difficult to get supporting evidence out of one side... And that's the side I want to learn more about :)
Fair point. As for me, I've studied (not a physicist but I think that's a reasonable verb) the work of the electric universe folks (which seems to include a large swath of mainstream plasma physicists) and have concluded that they are making a more persuasive case. As a result I'm somewhat more receptive to explanations based on electric forces, which seem to be dismissed by the mainstream. As a gal in another thread told me, no, they're aware of the electric force, but they also know it doesn't DO anything :)

Nokoni

This guy's catastrophism claims and explanations concerning welded tuff and dolomite seem plausible
Especially when compared to mainstream explanations, at least as he represented them, which is my only source. Are there mainstream explanations that are more plausible?
but connecting these geological time scale (millions of years) events with relatively recent (a few thousand years) human history events is not credible at all
On "geological time scale", it's my understanding that electric arcing can reset clocks that are based on atomic decay rates, and I would love to see that knowledge get incorporated into time scale analysis. If, as many believe, truly gigantic arcing between Earth and, say, Venus occurred, what does that mean for geological time scales?

On the "not credible at all", I certainly shared your skepticism initially. The science side of the Electric Universe was fascinating and ultimately compelling for me, but a fly-by of Venus seemed a bit new-agey, even if we are now 50 years or so into the Age of Aquarius :) But on further review, they have an awful lot of evidence for that too. Enough that I finally accepted that they are probably right. To put a finer point on it, I find their credibility to be considerably greater than none at all :)

Waynish

If you're looking for a scientifically solid alternative to big bang cosmology, then plasma cosmology is really great so far. It doesn't try too hard to explain away phenomena and has also been more predictive of others than big bang cosmology. Discussion boards like thunderbolt usually have a mix of more than electric universe theoretics, including plasma physics, which is fine - but definitely read through some history to separate them in your head. It is important to keep track of a theory's track record of predictions. At this point it is very fraudulent to be teaching big bang cosmology as the only cosmology in universities et al.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals