Eggs: To Refrigerate or Not?

Alomongerpete

There's some debate online as to whether eggs should be refrigerated. Some say they should to reduce salmonella proliferation, others say it's not necessary? What are your view and why?

Thanks

Mark

Lemminkäinen

Eggs don't need to be refrigerated if their shells have not been washed. When washing, you do remove salmonella, but you do help basically any other disease to get in. I don't think it's safe to put eggs in the fridge honestly. In Europe, eggs are just checked regularly for salmonella and therefore never washed and never stored in the fridge, not even in the shops. You should only be storing eggs in the fridge if you buy mainstream American eggs, but even then, I think if I lived in the States, I would try to find a farm that can (illegally) sell me good eggs without washing them.

Lemminkäinen

Because once they are refrigerated bacteria can grow back so quickly if your fridge is left open a bit, poorly configured or just if you forget them out of the fridge for a couple of hours while cooking. They become sweaty with porous skin. Not good. They'd never become like that if you didn't put them in the fridge to begin with.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals