Eggs: soft boiling or poaching?

lindsay

I could not digest either poached or boiled eggs until I had my appendix removed. Now I digest them fine. They caused me massive endotoxin issues prior to appendicitis, so I only fried or scrambled my eggs (or mixed the raw yoke in a smoothie). Even now I'm wary of hard boiled eggs and prefer them soft boiled.

Fetch

This is kind of a old thread but just thought I would throw out a method of eating less eggs if thats what you want to to.

It's pretty simple instead of eating 2 or 3 eggs for breakfast if I scramble I just throw in a couple spoonfuls of cottage cheese with 1 egg. It really blends right into the scrambled eggs without effecting the flavor or texture much. It also adds a little calcium and protein without the PUFA. Personally I do this so I can eat more eggs later in the day if I want.

Kinda a no brainer but hopefully it will help someone.

OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

I must say that I now realize how stupid (and disgusting) it is to eat white rice with eggs. As a coincidence I thought about this thread today. Back to this combo, white rice is very insulinogenic, and surely eating whatever on top of it will mitigate its effects a little bit but at the same time you'll probably store the fat ingested.

Now regarding the micromanaging diet series, I wonder if there's a method to poach the eggs without exposing the outer portion of the yolks to excessive heat while the insides remain undercooked. At least this is what I've been noticing.. Maybe steaming using a poacher (without touching the water)..?

frankfranks

I do soft boiled because it's so super easy and neat in the microwave. Nuke two cups of water for five minutes bringing the water to a boil. Put the egg in the boiling water. Nuke for 30 seconds. Let rest in the hot water for four minutes. Cool the egg under the faucet. Crack the top off, add salt, and enjoy.*

The soft-boiled egg and a pint or so of OJ has been my daily lunch for over a year. In an office environment or a hotel or wherever you can go get a dozen raw eggs at a convenience store, and as long as there's a microwave you can easily cook them this way.

*Put the egg in a mug of water while the water is boiling so air bubbles fill in and it doesn't crack so easily in hot water on you.