Eggs, Ghee, Salt, & Temps

MSH

I have noticed that nothing seems to raise my body temperature as consistently to 98+ than a meal of 4-6 boiled eggs, 1/2-1 TBLS of ghee, and a pinch or two of salt. This works every time!

My first question is, why is this?

My second question is, is this healthy to do long term and/or multiple times a day?

Thanks!

lampofred

Ghee, eggs, salt all have factors that strongly activate metabolism. Vitamin A, high quality protein, and other pro-thyroid factors are present in eggs and ghee, and salt is by nature stimulating to thyroid. But in the long-run you might be pushing your system faster than it can handle and end up with fatigue because calcium and vitamin D are needed in proportion to salt and vitamin A.

HumanLife

Salt, progesterone and protein are thermogenic. It's possible that the protein from the eggs along with the progesterone from the ghee and the added salt are having synergistic effects that are raising your temperature effectively.

OP
M

MSH

Ghee, eggs, salt all have factors that strongly activate metabolism. Vitamin A, high quality protein, and other pro-thyroid factors are present in eggs and ghee, and salt is by nature stimulating to thyroid. But in the long-run you might be pushing your system faster than it can handle and end up with fatigue because calcium and vitamin D are needed in proportion to salt and vitamin A.

So, perhaps if I make sure to get adequate D and calcium I could avoid the potential fatigue?

OP
M

MSH

Salt, progesterone and protein are thermogenic. It's possible that the protein from the eggs along with the progesterone from the ghee and the added salt are having synergistic effects that are raising your temperature effectively.

I was not aware of the progesterone properties inherent within ghee, thanks for that info!

HumanLife

@HumanLife

Is it just the milk or the process that makes it have progesterone?

Progesterone is fat-soluble, so any milk with fat should have it. Fully skimmed-milk should have the least hormones. The cholesterol in the ghee could be converting into progesterone as well. I think Ray Peat even said that while milk has estrogen, the progesterone in it should counter it.

Beastmode

Progesterone is fat-soluble, so any milk with fat should have it. Fully skimmed-milk should have the least hormones. The cholesterol in the ghee could be converting into progesterone as well. I think Ray Peat even said that while milk has estrogen, the progesterone in it should counter it.

I believe Ray mentioned the type of estrogen in milk, sulfate I believe, is the least harmful one and not a problem. Something like that. Probably why he hasn't wavered in drinking it and suggesting it over the years, regardless of the processing and conditions of dairy cows.

Why if stop milk i have better temperature. But if i drink cows uht mik i have slght lowering of temperature? - by the way im still in trial and error.

Does A2 milk matters like carabao buffalos?

@HumanLife @Beastmode

HumanLife

Why if stop milk i have better temperature. But if i drink cows uht mik i have slght lowering of temperature? - by the way im still in trial and error.

Does A2 milk matters like carabao buffalos?

@HumanLife @Beastmode

Are you taking the milk cold? That could be why your temps are lower, or a digestive problem. Milk should always be warm when drunk naturally from the breast. A2 is claimed to be more digestible to be A1. I don't know about carabao buffalos but I remember having the best sleep I have had in ages this year abroad after eating a pizza with mozzarella from their milk.