EGGS Day? Or Night?

Razvan

does beef brains work for that? how many would be needed? btw 250g, thats like 7oz of the meat right?
Yes, beef brains can work as well,has similar amount of cholesterol,but i think beef brains it's not as safe as pork brains, because can be contaminated easily and does have lots of toxins. I wouldn't do it. In my country it's considered dangerous to eat the beef brains.Pork is the safest, especially if it's organic as i get it from my grandma pigs.

Dr. B

Both of these metals inhibit acetylcholinesterase so in that manner they are cholinergic.

interesting... never seen that discussed much here or mentioned by Peat. from my understanding, Peat doesnt like inhibiting ACE and doesnt like choline beyond dietary amoutns from milk/eggs

Dr. B

Yes, beef brains can work as well,has similar amount of cholesterol,but i think beef brains it's not as safe as pork brains, because can be contaminated easily and does have lots of toxins. I wouldn't do it. In my country it's considered dangerous to eat the beef brains.Pork is the safest, especially if it's organic as i get it from my grandma pigs.
why do u think thats the case. what about ancestral supplements beef brain product. i heard porks more risky, like apparently raw meat eaters will eat raw eggs/beef but never eat raw pork for some reason? which country are you in

Razvan

There are reports of people feeling sick and terrible from beef brains.
why do u think thats the case. what about ancestral supplements beef brain product. i heard porks more risky, like apparently raw meat eaters will eat raw eggs/beef but never eat raw pork for some reason? which country are you in
Yes pork is the most risky in terms of muscle meat and fat but in terms of organs is not. Cows are more stressed and suffer more than pigs and they store much more toxins in the brain. Also there is the mad cow's disease,if you eat a contaminated cow brain you could even die. Never had problems with pork organs,in fact got amazing benefits from it.
I have more nationalities,but right now i live in Romania since my grandma is from there.

Razvan

You can't compare the ancestral brain supplement with a whole brain that i usually eat.I feel euphoric and warm from it as i explained in that older thread.

redsun

interesting... never seen that discussed much here or mentioned by Peat. from my understanding, Peat doesnt like inhibiting ACE and doesnt like choline beyond dietary amoutns from milk/eggs
Not everything Peat recommends is applicable to everybody. Some people don't have enough choline, and thus Ach is also low, and they deal with problems because of that. Some people have too much Ach activity and need to lower it.

amd

Not everything Peat recommends is applicable to everybody. Some people don't have enough choline, and thus Ach is also low, and they deal with problems because of that. Some people have too much Ach activity and need to lower it.
Take what RP says with a grain of salt. In a recent interview, he said that thyroid lowered his metabolism.

That's not the experience for many. His body is not your body.

Ben.

Take what RP says with a grain of salt. In a recent interview, he said that thyroid lowered his metabolism.

This is true for basicly everything. Both in diet and other aspects of one's life.

grithin

You can't compare the ancestral brain supplement with a whole brain that i usually eat.I feel euphoric and warm from it as i explained in that older thread.

How do you eat pig brains? I've tried a number of methods and they all have their draw backs. Braincream (icecream with brains) works so long as the brains are not thoroughly blended (only lightly mixed).

Dr. B

where did he say that? also that happened to me from T3, even gained some weight from it. not sure if it suppresses natural production, or raises cortisol, raises reverse T3 or something else. it also seemed to be burning up some muscle tissue

redsun

where did he say that? also that happened to me from T3, even gained some weight from it. not sure if it suppresses natural production, or raises cortisol, raises reverse T3 or something else. it also seemed to be burning up some muscle tissue

Of course T3 is going to raise cortisol and increase catabolism of muscle tissue. It literally speeds up the metabolism and make you burn glucose, fats at a faster rate. When you run out of glucose, cortisol rises. The metabolism of protein is also faster. So higher cortisol and quicker protein metabolism is going to catabolize muscle tissue. This is even worse if your T3 levels are already normal, you are just going to make yourself hyperthyroid.

OP
Rinse & rePeat

Nomane Euger

Which part of the egg do you think causes nightmares Razvan, the white or yolk? I make custard daily, only using the yolks.
It might be the yolk,to much liver+kidneys give me the exact same sleep paralysis with scary visual and and audio hallucinations that I got at a time when I was eating a lot of eggs,I assume it’s the choline

OP
Rinse & rePeat
It might be the yolk,to much liver+kidneys give me the exact same sleep paralysis with scary visual and and audio hallucinations that I got at a time when I was eating a lot of eggs,I assume it’s the choline
Interesting. I had bad dreams always as a kid, and all the way up through my 30's, but rarely any past that. I wonder what could have been the cause of them. I was high on grains and dairy during those years.

Nomane Euger

Interesting. I had bad dreams always as a kid, and all the way up through my 30's, but rarely any past that. I wonder what could have been the cause of them. I was high on grains and dairy during those years.
For me,exess gelatin,exess choline,to much meat close to bedtime,any food that irritate my GI will cause some unpleasant events in my dreams,lonely foods so far that make me experiences perfect dreams are meat/fat/organs/honey if not in exess

OP
Rinse & rePeat
For me,exess gelatin,exess choline,to much meat close to bedtime,any food that irritate my GI will cause some unpleasant events in my dreams,lonely foods so far that make me experiences perfect dreams are meat/fat/organs/honey if not in exess
I love gelatin dreams! Crab legs or scallops in butter keeps dreams pleasant for me and I agree with you on honey. A full stomach gives me fitful sleep.

Dr. B

Of course T3 is going to raise cortisol and increase catabolism of muscle tissue. It literally speeds up the metabolism and make you burn glucose, fats at a faster rate. When you run out of glucose, cortisol rises. The metabolism of protein is also faster. So higher cortisol and quicker protein metabolism is going to catabolize muscle tissue. This is even worse if your T3 levels are already normal, you are just going to make yourself hyperthyroid.

interesting, could iodine also have that effect? pregnenolone? i actually had high cortisol symptoms and started the T3 because of stuff i read on here and some random quotes from Peat. read something about cortisol being stimulated and created in excess when thyroid hormone is low... and something about T3 helping lower corisol and excrete it faster.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Not everything Peat recommends is applicable to everybody. Some people don't have enough choline, and thus Ach is also low, and they deal with problems because of that. Some people have too much Ach activity and need to
That is true, not everything Ray Peat says is gonna work for everybody, at least not right away, but it doesn't change the scientific facts. I think their is too secondcguesdingvand much supplimenting going on this site and in our society, and considering misdisgnosis is the eading cause of death in America, we all would do ourselves a favor to put down the crap, eat high quality food and let our bodies decide what it needs.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Acetylcholine can aswell,but your perspective is pretty right. Also eggs are insulinogenic,some people get sedated from them and sleep well with them before bed. Some of my clients do that. I personally wouldn't do it. Since eating pork brains every 2 weeks(6-7g of cholesterol) my craving for eggs is almost non existent. In fact I crave much more lean beef and dairy.

Heck with WHY and address the HOW? That sounds way out of my comfort zone visually, as well and to what it must taste like, I imagine the texture will be very soft?