EGGS Day? Or Night?

Dr. B

98.6F or 37C indicates euthyroidism usually. I'm running at 37.4-6C most of the time. Boosting temps higher via a hot room or uncouplers has many benefits for sure, given that enough glucose is provided. So yeah, boosting temps even higher can be beneficial, since more CO2 is being produced for example.
but is there a limit like 100 degrees F, where going above it is harmful? Also I heard some people have died from dnp raising temperature too much?

Hans

Forum Supporter
but is there a limit like 100 degrees F, where going above it is harmful? Also I heard some people have died from dnp raising temperature too much?
Fever can increase your temps to 100 or slightly higher, and that serves a purpose, but long term it can definitely be harmful. Lower temps for longer periods of time is therapeutic.

OccamzRazer

Not to derail the thread or anything...back to eggs:

Just started with raw egg yolks and they feel much easier to assimilate and less 'tiring' than whole cooked eggs.

OP
Rinse & rePeat

Just started with raw egg yolks and they feel much easier to assimilate and less 'tiring' than whole cooked eggs.
I can't even make homemade aioli with the raw yolk, the yolk takes over the whole thing and I always end up throwing it out. I give you kudos for getting it down!

OccamzRazer

I can't even make homemade aioli with the raw yolk, the yolk takes over the whole thing and I always end up throwing it out. I give you kudos for getting it down!
Hm, homemade caesar dressing is pretty tasty. Not sure what you'd put it on tho, if not caesar salad!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Hm, homemade caesar dressing is pretty tasty. Not sure what you'd put it on tho, if not caesar salad!
I make my caesar with part coconut mct and part olive oil. The MCT takes care of the PUFA's and I put in on this caesar salad. Nowadays I use less romaine and more shrimp and parmesan.

Attachments

• Resized_20200602_214000.jpeg
    Resized_20200602_214000.jpeg
    453 KB · Views: 18

Nomane Euger

boil some water,once it reach boiling,put the eggs,wait 5minutes30 seconds,arround that and the yolk will still be liquid,the white will be cooked fully ,but mild and soft

Nomane Euger

A poached egg?
no,i believe a poached egg you put the egg with out the shell in the water,and the way i suggested,you put the egg still with the shell,the white will be cook like a hardboil egg,but softer and midler in texture,and the yolk will be liquid

OP
Rinse & rePeat
no,i believe a poached egg you put the egg with out the shell in the water,and the way i suggested,you put the egg still with the shell,the white will be cook like a hardboil egg,but softer and midler in texture,and the yolk will be liquid
Ohhh! Yes I like a soft boiled egg much better!

Nomane Euger

OP
Rinse & rePeat
1000 times better,i can eat 10 of those
Me too! My favorite is this wasabi egg! I am addicted to them! I like the egg really moist with a couple of drops of coconut MCT, which mitigates the PUFA'S and adds a hint of sweetness! If I happen to overcook the egg, the mct moistens it!

Attachments

• 20201217_161859.jpg
    20201217_161859.jpg
    445.1 KB · Views: 18

David90

I can attest to that! I use to get queasy from the blood sugar drop after a cup or two, but no bad effect from coffee since adding the sugar and milk several years ago. I just don't enjoy the heavy muddy taste of coffee.
Yes, me too. I always do around 1 to 1,5 Cups of Milk and (2 Teaspoons) Sugar in it.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Yes, me too. I always do around 1 to 1,5 Cups of Milk and (2 Teaspoons) Sugar in it.
I buy these coffee shots on Amazon. They are tasty and easy to shoot down a half of one when I need to block iron. They make them in 150 mg caffeine and 225mg. I like to mix one with milk for an iced coffee or pour one over vanilla ice cream. They get the job done, much easier than the hot muddy stuff!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210509-093847_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210509-093847_Samsung Internet.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 13
OP
Rinse & rePeat
A question was asked, in this linked video, by a caller who eats 3 to 4 eggs a day if that is ok? The host then prefaced the caller's question by saying how eggs have been touted as "the perfect food", Ray Peat responds by sayings, "Yeah they USE TO BE the perfect food." He then goes on to talk about how in the pork industry they discovered that feeding pigs a highly polyunsaturated fatty diet fattened them up faster with less food, and that that is what they are doing with conventional eggs now too. He says he has seen egg analysis from the 30's, the 50's, the 70's, and even recently, and there has been a constant decrease in the egg's cholesterol constent and a conststant increase in their polyunsaturated fats because of their feed. So he doesn't eat a lot of eggs unless he is in Mexico and he knows that the chickens are being fed bugs, torillas, vegetables and such, then he eats 4 to 5 eggs a-day!

Last edited:

Dr. B

A question was asked, in this linked video, by a caller who eats 3 to 4 eggs a day if that is ok? The host then prefaced the caller's question by saying how eggs have been touted as "the perfect food", Ray Peat responds by sayings, "Yeah they USE TO BE the perfect food." He then goes on to talk about how in the pork industry they discovered that feeding pigs a highly polyunsaturated fatty diet fattened them up faster with less food, and that that is what they are doing with conventional eggs now too. He says he has seen egg analysis from the 30's, the 50's, the 70's, and even recently, and there has been a constant decrease in the egg's cholesterol constent and a conststant increase in their polyunsaturated fats because of their feed. So he doesn't eat a lot of eggs unless he is in Mexico and he knows that the chickens are being fed bugs, torillas, vegetables and such, then he eats 4 to 5 eggs a-day!

You can even feed them red meat and dairy, supposedly they prefer the meats

VitoScaletta

Knowing Ray Peat says to have your protein and calcium during the day and starch, fats & magnesium at night what camp do we put eggs in?
Hah weird I usually do starch right in the morning, and sugar and very well-cooked potatoes (if I don't have money for purely fruits) in the evening.
Also Calcium before bed as in Parmesan and eggshell powder sometimes.

He doesn't suggest to eat starch, but if you do eat it, it is better to have it at night with lots of fat.
Can you link where that's from?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Hah weird I usually do starch right in the morning, and sugar and very well-cooked potatoes (if I don't have money for purely fruits) in the evening.
Also Calcium before bed as in Parmesan and eggshell powder sometimes.

Can you link where that's from?
Oh gosh I read or listened to him say that one five years ago. I’ll see what I can come up with :)

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals