Eggs Causing Heart To Pound

Kunstruct

I have not been eating eggs for a while but now I started eating like 2 or 3 eggs, around 50grams each and they seems to bring my heart to pound after several minutes I eat them.
I cannot remember if this was happening before a long time ago since I was not so keen on following what caused my heart to pound, I know some waffers with hazelnut chocolate used to cause me this, and when I have noticed that I have stopped quickly from eating them.

What could be causing this? To be honest I was not really expecting eggs to do this several times now.

Last edited:

lampofred

It's a sign of hypoglycemia. Happens to me with even one egg if I don't have enough carbs alongside. Eggs drop blood sugar a lot.

berk

5 gram eggs? what kind of eggs are they?
normal chicken egg is 50+ grams

OP
K

Kunstruct

It was a typo, I wanted to write 50grams.

Last edited:
OP
K

Kunstruct

It's a sign of hypoglycemia. Happens to me with even one egg if I don't have enough carbs alongside. Eggs drop blood sugar a lot.
I see, but I never ate them without carbs, most of the time I had them with boiled rice (from 70grams of dry rice)
Or at least I had some other carb with it.

lampofred

I see, but I never ate them without carbs, most of the time I had them with boiled rice (from 70grams of dry rice)
Or at least I had some other carb with it.

I'm probably a bit on the extreme side but I need about 100 grams of sugar for just one egg.

DavidGardner

Eggs have a lot of choline, which can raise acetylcholine too much. Magnesium decreases acetylcholine.

OP
K

Kunstruct

Eggs have a lot of choline, which can raise acetylcholine too much. Magnesium decreases acetylcholine.
I actually had some magnesium chorline supplemented, around 200mg. Maybe more is needed, I will try and see if more magnesium will affect my reaction to eggs.

Max23

how does that taste?

They´re awesome. Little bit bothersome to peel. Very good in soups and salads. Kids love small things, because they are small. They are often advertised as omega fat rich food though. Quails can be raised in cities as well. One can feed them peatly and then get low omega fat eggs. And get some adequate protein. GO TEAM QUAIL!!!