Eggs and gas

gaze

This worked I had cheese and eggs together no gas…. Is it the b2?
not sure what amazoniac was referring to in specific but calcium usually lowers bacterial fermentation. That can sometimes lower gas, but it also sometimes leads people towards constipation. For some reason egg protein interacts with bacteria in a strange way. most bodybuilders have had or know of the mythical "egg farts", even when theyre only eating the egg whites or yolks

Last edited:
OP
S

SamYo123

not sure what amazoniac was referring to in specific but calcium usually lowers bacterial fermentation. That can sometimes lower gas, but it also sometimes leads people towards constipation. For some reason egg protein interacts with bacteria in a strange way. most bodybuilders have had or know of the mythical "egg farts", even when theyre only eating the egg whites or yolks
I get gas iif i drink milk with eggs..

OP
S

SamYo123

the lactose in milk can ferment
Interesting, since drinking so much milk, its been the most time i've been gassy ever in my life, twitching eye... too much calcium to magnesium ratio?

Never been so constipated in my life either as milk/icecream literally replaced the vegetables I use to eat

gaze

Interesting, since drinking so much milk, its been the most time i've been gassy ever in my life, twitching eye... too much calcium to magnesium ratio?

Never been so constipated in my life either as milk/icecream literally replaced the vegetables I use to eat
I think that's possible. have you tried adding back in vegetables and using magnesium?

Amazoniac

If foods that are highly fermentable are added to a sulfur-rich meal, the feast is potentiated. Large amounts of plain lactose shouldn't be fouling, a good source of sulfur is needed. Egg whites are rich in cysteine and easy to digest, pairing with casein might slow down the process and can lead to a more complete absorption. The stimulation of bile discharge from the yolk might also contribute to the reaction, there will be some conjugated taurine involved, although this is less predictable because I've read a few bodybuilders reporting that whole eggs are tolerated while only whites are not, assuming that they're comparing them in fair amounts. I think that it's mainly the kilcium (phosphate) in cheese that's protective here, it would be simple to confirm with killcium salts.

Amazoniac

Regarding cheese being protective and assuming that the reaction is to sulfur:

On dairy fat, I don't expect cream or butter added to a meal to have such protective effect and wouldn't be surprised if they made the reaction worse for further stimulating bile secretion.

The casein can be helpful due to what was mentioned, but likely only in part. Testing would require isolation of protein by maximizing the loss of minerals in coagulation, minimizing them as a confounding factor. If I remember it right, milk treated with rennet retains more minerals than when acid is used. Getting milk to optimal conditions before adding the coagulant must improve retention, so, perhaps a slow coagulation with acetic acid (attempting to solubilize minerals) starting from low temperatures increases losses.

The mineral contribution shouldn't be difficult to test.

In spite of going against the superior response that those guys reported to whole eggs, it's understandable for taurine in bile to be problematic because it reaches distal parts, but what explains cysteine being an issue? Protein maldigestion? Microbial overgrowth? You can find experiments with ileum recovery of amino acids for ranking digestibility of proteins, I don't recall the values for cysteine being concerning. On the topic of fair comparison, we would have to know the taurine content of bile per secretion and the fraction of cysteine that's not digested (given that it's ingested in large amounts, it's conceivable that this fraction can be troubling).

- Problems With Sulphur

Dr. B

Regarding cheese being protective and assuming that the reaction is to sulfur:

On dairy fat, I don't expect cream or butter added to a meal to have such protective effect and wouldn't be surprised if they made the reaction worse for further stimulating bile secretion.

The casein can be helpful due to what was mentioned, but likely only in part. Testing would require isolation of protein by maximizing the loss of minerals in coagulation, minimizing them as a confounding factor. If I remember it right, milk treated with rennet retains more minerals than when acid is used. Getting milk to optimal conditions before adding the coagulant must improve retention, so, perhaps a slow coagulation with acetic acid (attempting to solubilize minerals) starting from low temperatures increases losses.

The mineral contribution shouldn't be difficult to test.

In spite of going against the superior response that those guys reported to whole eggs, it's understandable for taurine in bile to be problematic because it reaches distal parts, but what explains cysteine being an issue? Protein maldigestion? Microbial overgrowth? You can find experiments with ileum recovery of amino acids for ranking digestibility of proteins, I don't recall the values for cysteine being concerning. On the topic of fair comparison, we would have to know the taurine content of bile per secretion and the fraction of cysteine that's not digested (given that it's ingested in large amounts, it's conceivable that this fraction can be troubling).

- Problems With Sulphur
cysteine and b6 help to make taurine, wouldnt supplementing taurine directly then spare both those and allow them to be used for other things, maybe glutathione in cysteines case and something else for b6
do you think its due to vaccines commonly using chicken eggs/embryos that so many have this intolerance to eggs and egg whites. Ray said animals being injected with proteins is how theyre made allergic in experiments.
i hope vaccines of the past didnt use things like beef protein or milk proteins...?

Amazoniac

cysteine and b6 help to make taurine, wouldnt supplementing taurine directly then spare both those and allow them to be used for other things, maybe glutathione in cysteines case and something else for b6
do you think its due to vaccines commonly using chicken eggs/embryos that so many have this intolerance to eggs and egg whites. Ray said animals being injected with proteins is how theyre made allergic in experiments.
i hope vaccines of the past didnt use things like beef protein or milk proteins...?
I don't know how this relates to a bad reaction to eggs. Adding taurine would likely complicate things, whereas removal of egg whites (as in recipes that have them discarded) should ease these adverse responses.

That might occur, but I don't think that it applies here in case it's sulfur because other foods are able to trigger a similar effect. It's usually worse with eggs for having factors that add up.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals