Eggs and cognition

TheCodez

I've struggled for decades with cognitive issue. Not really brain fog, but rather memory and something that I think could be best described as confusion. I've spent a good bit of time determining that both beef and eggs greatly improve my situation in that area, but I have issues tolerating either of these wonderful foods. Given my issues with each of these foods, I'd love to be able to isolate the specific component (assuming it's something specific) that's responsible for the cognitive improvement and either find another better tolerated food that contains it or supplement it in an isolated form if necessary. I'm literally willing to do pretty much anything. I'd live on pine nettle tea (silly random extreme example) if that provided optimal health. Supplements I've tried specific to this problem include b1, b2, b3, b5, b6, b7, b9, b12, Alpha GPC, copper, zinc, large quantities of beef tallow and gelatin. Nothing I've tried so far replicates the effect of beef and eggs.

Open to suggestions...

Jkbp

Forum Supporter
Have you tried taking enzymes with the “problem foods”? 3 Enzymedica enzymes at start of meals has helped improve my digestion a lot.

Osukhan

I agree about the enzymes. Ive been using most of the products from Biooptimizers and really think they work well. It also has been helping my father who has suffered from acid reflux.

Hans

Forum Supporter
I've struggled for decades with cognitive issue. Not really brain fog, but rather memory and something that I think could be best described as confusion. I've spent a good bit of time determining that both beef and eggs greatly improve my situation in that area, but I have issues tolerating either of these wonderful foods. Given my issues with each of these foods, I'd love to be able to isolate the specific component (assuming it's something specific) that's responsible for the cognitive improvement and either find another better tolerated food that contains it or supplement it in an isolated form if necessary. I'm literally willing to do pretty much anything. I'd live on pine nettle tea (silly random extreme example) if that provided optimal health. Supplements I've tried specific to this problem include b1, b2, b3, b5, b6, b7, b9, b12, Alpha GPC, copper, zinc, large quantities of beef tallow and gelatin. Nothing I've tried so far replicates the effect of beef and eggs.

Open to suggestions...
How much beef and eggs are you having? Just curious, if those foods help, why not have more of it?

OP
T

TheCodez

How much beef and eggs are you having? Just curious, if those foods help, why not have more of it?
My kidneys can't tolerate much protein (as is in beef with any significant quantity) and my prostate doesn't tolerate eggs.

Hans

Forum Supporter
My kidneys can't tolerate much protein (as is in beef with any significant quantity) and my prostate doesn't tolerate eggs.
So many nutrients in those foods that it's impossible to say what's giving you that benefit.
How much meat and eggs do you have daily?
Do you get kidney pain when you eat too much meat or do your markers go up?

With the eggs, does it cause gut irritation and then prostate issues? Have you tried having yolks only?

OP
T

TheCodez

So many nutrients in those foods that it's impossible to say what's giving you that benefit.
How much meat and eggs do you have daily?
Do you get kidney pain when you eat too much meat or do your markers go up?

With the eggs, does it cause gut irritation and then prostate issues? Have you tried having yolks only?
I see cognitive benefit from 4 eggs or 12 ounces of beef.
I get kidney pain that's identical to what I was feeling a couple years ago when I spent a week in the hospital for acute kidney failure.
I've not had my markers tested recently, but I'm pretty sure they'd be off if I were eating a useful quantity of meat (based on the pain).
I have no gut issues with the eggs, just reduced urine stream. (It's never good, but eggs make it worse)
I have tried raw yolks only (good suggestion). Unfortunately the yolks must be the source of the prostate worsening as I see it in that case as well.

akgrrrl

Are you eating real eggs from chickens that run free and eat bugs and other good stuff, that are not fed some kind of grain sprayed with canola and synthetic junk, given antibiotics, given growth hormones, not mass produced...etc
In the attached
Left is freerange, fed barley scratch and household scraps and wildfed. On the right mass produced ExLarge Grade AA in large chain grocery. The yolks of the wildfed are nearly orange. Very delicious.

Hans

Forum Supporter
I see cognitive benefit from 4 eggs or 12 ounces of beef.
I get kidney pain that's identical to what I was feeling a couple years ago when I spent a week in the hospital for acute kidney failure.
I've not had my markers tested recently, but I'm pretty sure they'd be off if I were eating a useful quantity of meat (based on the pain).
I have no gut issues with the eggs, just reduced urine stream. (It's never good, but eggs make it worse)
I have tried raw yolks only (good suggestion). Unfortunately the yolks must be the source of the prostate worsening as I see it in that case as well.
Do you have digestive issues or do you digest these foods perfectly?

OP
T

TheCodez

Are you eating real eggs from chickens that run free and eat bugs and other good stuff, that are not fed some kind of grain sprayed with canola and synthetic junk, given antibiotics, given growth hormones, not mass produced...etc
In the attached
Left is freerange, fed barley scratch and household scraps and wildfed. On the right mass produced ExLarge Grade AA in large chain grocery. The yolks of the wildfed are nearly orange. Very delicious.
I buy eggs from my neighbors. Their chickens run so free that the amazon man is afraid to get out of the truck.