Egg Whites Cause Intense Indigestion

jzeno

Egg whites cause intense indigestion for me that can even make sleep difficult--not as bad as milk after not eating it for a long time, but uncomfortable and borderline painful.

When I have whole eggs I don't get indigestion as much, but I dodo produ a little more gas, but with just straight egg whites it can get rough.

Not sure why this is for me or if others can relate. Seems kinda interesting that it's easier to digest the whole eggs than when I separate them.

Heads up: if you're eating egg whites it might be causing some indigestion that you might be associating with another for.

sunraiser

Egg whites cause intense indigestion for me that can even make sleep difficult--not as bad as milk after not eating it for a long time, but uncomfortable and borderline painful.

When I have whole eggs I don't get indigestion as much, but I dodo produ a little more gas, but with just straight egg whites it can get rough.

Not sure why this is for me or if others can relate. Seems kinda interesting that it's easier to digest the whole eggs than when I separate them.

Heads up: if you're eating egg whites it might be causing some indigestion that you might be associating with another for.

I have experienced this in the past and I perceive it to be an insulin resistance issue.

Egg whites are quite high on the insulin index (I think they might be very high if just the whites are measured), and the saturated fat in the egg yolk helps blunt the immediate insulin response.

There's also a mechanism via amylase in our saliva that helps predigest starches (via taste or texture profile, I think) and "ready" the body for the appropriate blood sugar and insulin response, and chewing is a part of this precursor to proper digestion and blood sugar response. For people lacking amylase adding something a little sweet to the starch can help prompt the response (via craving... See if you crave vinegar based hot sauce or ketchup with starches). Eggs on their own don't have this particular profile!

So a poor insulin response = inflammation = thyroid suppression in that moment = weak digestion.

That's why milk causes such an immediate issue as it isn't "chewed" and it also has a high insulin index.

If you have the genuine energy to exercise then you could try running and walking or sprints or some kind of interval home cardio circuit. This problem will likely dissipate within a week (it does for me at least).

If you don't have energy to exercise then the job is to understand why.

As temporary fixes you can try always eating eggs with very well chewed and salivated starch, or just stick to yolk only. I don't really crave whites anymore for some reason!

As for milk, full fat unhomogenised (jersey milk has higher fat content) and always taken with food in not too large quantities should help.

Let us know how you get on! Remember these are just my perceptions and it isn't necessarily a complete answer.

Last edited:
OP
jzeno

jzeno

Just want to confirm: Did not have any egg whites, just yolks, and indigestion went down dramatically.

Might take some time to get used to them, like milk. May try again in the future, but for now just yolks.

Thanks.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
The fat in the yolks are buffering the acidity caused by the protein from the egg whites.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals