Egg White Lysozyme Binds LPS. COMPLETELY Abrogates TNF And Mortality Caused By LPS

Vinny

SOMO

I've been avoiding egg white lately after hearing haidut talking about the study where 4-5 egg yolks stopped calcification and thus aging, whereas egg whites had the opposite effect. I also much prefer the yolks. Then there's this thread of his which features lysozymes, making egg white a food with some question marks: Chronic Nerve Pain May Be Caused By Endotoxin, Commercial Food, And Pharma Drugs

Is it possible the Lysozyme increased in the nerve injury site because of a defensive mechanism?

mrchibbs

I eat one whole raw egg and two yolks every morning. I like the ratio

I think you've got the right approach.
For a couple of years now I'd been slightly put off by egg whites and mostly eating the yolk.

Trusting our own tastebuds and adjusting food intake based on what we crave/find delicious, is wise I think.

SOMO

Famous scene from Rocky where he drinks raw eggs. Maybe he was on to something? :P

mrchibbs

Famous scene from Rocky where he drinks raw eggs. Maybe he was on to something? :P

It was common practice until a few decades ago. Breakfast for many people meant something like a raw egg in warmed milk (eggnog).

SOMO

Update: I've been trying the raw eggs for the last few days.

Haven't noticed any benefits or negatives.

First few times I did have some sulfur-smelling gas, but nothing excessive or overly offensive.

Titanium

Don't forget the liver.

Detoxification of LPS by alkaline phosphatase.

Numerous papers have described AP activity in the liver and changes in this activity during diseases. Yet, this was not related to a possible physiological role for this enzyme. Until recently, the only known physiological function of AP was its role in bone formation (36), but obviously, the enzyme fulfils another function in the intestine, kidney, liver and along blood vessels. All of these organs are located at sites in close contact with the external environment and represent sites where pathogens, e.g. Gramnegative bacteria, may enter the body. The presence of AP at these locations as well as the simultaneous elevation of AP and LPS levels in the blood in several diseases combined with the observation that AP is able to dephosphorylate and detoxify LPS, led us to the idea that another physiological function of AP could be the detoxification of LPS.

What about a breakfast smoothie made with raw eggs, milk, carrots and liver?

Maybe also add some apple (quercetin) and ACV in the breakfast mix:
Quercetin (2 and 25 mg/kg) administration significantly (P<0.05) attenuated LPS-induced sickness behavior by modulating cytokines production as well inhibiting LPS-induced oxidative stress.

ACV significantly attenuated LPS-induced increase in TNF-α, IL-6, malondialdehyde, and nitrite levels. Besides, ACV markedly ameliorated LPS-induced decline in reduced glutathione concentration and catalase activity in the brains of mice.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals