Egg Magic

stsfut

What is it about eggs that my brain (and/or liver) rely on so heavily? If I go a day without eating a couple, my mind literally gets foggy. I also notice a difference in my verbal fluency.

I have narrowed it down to choline, gluthianone (sp?), or the sudden digestion of cholesterol.

Any thoughts?

milk_lover

Do you the whole egg? Boiled or fried egg? I would guess vitamin A and cholesterol from eggs could help produce pregnenolone which we know how important it is for the mind.

OP
S

stsfut

Do you the whole egg? Boiled or fried egg? I would guess vitamin A and cholesterol from eggs could help produce pregnenolone which we know how important it is for the mind.
typically scramble in butter/salt. This morning I just chugged two raw egg yolks (discarded most of the egg white). Got the same effects. I am less confident that its the cholesterol or Vit A, since I already supplement 10kiu Vit A daily and my cholesterol is already elevated, so not sure why more would help. Choline is my top guess.

milk_lover

typically scramble in butter/salt. This morning I just chugged two raw egg yolks (discarded most of the egg white). Got the same effects. I am less confident that its the cholesterol or Vit A, since I already supplement 10kiu Vit A daily and my cholesterol is already elevated, so not sure why more would help. Choline is my top guess.
Do you take aspirin, cypro, and/or niacinamide? They can be anti-choline I think.

OP
S

stsfut

Do you take aspirin, cypro, and/or niacinamide? They can be anti-choline I think.
Only aspirin of those three. 162mg daily, occasionally the full 325mg. I have actually just decided to stop that, as I feel like its hindering my weight loss efforts. 6 Foot, 235 pounds, though some of that is muscle.

milk_lover

Only aspirin of those three. 162mg daily, occasionally the full 325mg. I have actually just decided to stop that, as I feel like its hindering my weight loss efforts. 6 Foot, 235 pounds, though some of that is muscle.
Yeah they can stop weight loss especially cypro. Now I only take niacinamide in amounts less than 500mg daily.

milk_lover

If you want to prevent niacinamide from hindering your weight loss, try some taurine with it. They can be a really powerful combo without the weight gain side effect.

OP
S

stsfut

Yeah they can stop weight loss especially cypro. Now I only take niacinamide in amounts less than 500mg daily.
Yeah I also don’t get much benefit from aspirin anymore. The first month I felt so great taking it, so calm and focused. Now nothing. I guess my body got used to it.

milk_lover

Yeah I also don’t get much benefit from aspirin anymore. The first month I felt so great taking it, so calm and focused. Now nothing. I guess my body got used to it.
Aspirin is great to have in your arsenal. Used strategically, it can solve more problems than it creates.

OP
S

stsfut

Aspirin is great to have in your arsenal. Used strategically, it can solve more problems than it creates.
I agree. I have seen Haidut say that it is used only once in a while. I think I’m going to start doing that.

milk_lover

Niacinamide, vitamin E, and aspirin is the order of frequency I take them. Niacinamide almost daily, Vitamin E weekly (this may change if I find a good quality vitamin E; I am planning to try the new formula tocovit), aspirin only when needed.

OP
S

stsfut

Niacinamide, vitamin E, and aspirin is the order of frequency I take them. Niacinamide almost daily, Vitamin E weekly (this may change if I find a good quality vitamin E; I am planning to try the new formula tocovit), aspirin only when needed.
I need to give Niacinamide another try. I took it once but got immediate low blood sugar. Didn’t like it. But I probably took too much too soon, not enough sugar with it, etc. I do take 100mg of it daily though contained in my B-complex.

milk_lover

I need to give Niacinamide another try. I took it once but got immediate low blood sugar. Didn’t like it. But I probably took too much too soon, not enough sugar with it, etc. I do take 100mg of it daily though contained in my B-complex.
Of the different B vitamins I individually tried, only niacinamide gave a good feeling. For the other B vitamins, I try to get them from food and Red Bull. I do take a little of B2 if I take a large dose of MB.

Niacinamide can decrease blood sugar. I would take even less than 100mg, let's say 70mg few times a day in the beginning and one of those times is not right before sleep. The reason is because B3 can stop FFA from being used during sleep as fuel and if you don't have enough glycogen, you may wake up in the middle of sleep. Large amounts of sugar and food before sleep can make B3 work.

Sativa

What is it about eggs that my brain (and/or liver) rely on so heavily I have narrowed it down to...

Could it be a combinaton of the nutrients present in eggs?
  • Vitamins A, D, E, K, and B6, biotin, iron, zinc (note zinc has Amphetamine like properties - it reverses the Dopamine Active Transporter!)
  • The yolk contains more than 90% of the calcium, phosphorus, and folate (the natural food form of folic acid), and over 80% of the panthothenic acid.
  • CoEnzyme 10

ilikecats

i believe (don't quote me on this!) that ray said they contain certain "biological factors" that haven't been recognized/studied. I think thats why he prioritizes their consumption despite their PUFA content and the fact that he gets the same nutrients contained in the egg from other dietary sources. One egg won't give you a ton nutrient wise (thats rays daily intake)... except maybe choline, but ray isn't big on choline (due to it being a precursor to acetylcholine) and he gets a lot of it from milk anyways.

Last edited:

Sativa

believe (don't quote me on this!) that ray said they contain certain "biological factors" that haven't been recognized/studied. I think thats why he prioritizes their consumption despite their PUFA content

Pondering what the biological factors might be - considering the nature of the yolk and its function - perhaps there are some neuro-hormonal/steroidal *-genesis 'growth factors'/substances? Just theorising based on biological context of the yolk.

jet9

What is it about eggs that my brain (and/or liver) rely on so heavily? If I go a day without eating a couple, my mind literally gets foggy. I also notice a difference in my verbal fluency.

I have narrowed it down to choline, gluthianone (sp?), or the sudden digestion of cholesterol.

Any thoughts?
Do other protein sources have similar effect ? like beef for example ?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals