Egg allergy discovered through elimination diet

Dave Clark

One of the worst reactions I ever had to a food was duck eggs. Brutal vomiting within 10 minutes. First time thought it must have been a bad egg/batch, tried again a few months later and exactly the same result. Never again!
I think the egg thing is individualized. I raise ducks, and both me and my wife do better on duck eggs, and the groups I am in has many members that say the same thing, that they could never eat chicken eggs, but do well with duck eggs. But, there is the guy at Goldshaw farms who has no problem with chicken eggs, but can't eat duck eggs [he raises both}. Apparently, there are different proteins in the two kinds, and some people will be good with one and not the other. I have often recommended to people who react to chicken eggs to try duck eggs, since many people who can't do chicken, will be good with duck. Trial and error.

Sefton10

I think the egg thing is individualized. I raise ducks, and both me and my wife do better on duck eggs, and the groups I am in has many members that say the same thing, that they could never eat chicken eggs, but do well with duck eggs. But, there is the guy at Goldshaw farms who has no problem with chicken eggs, but can't eat duck eggs [he raises both}. Apparently, there are different proteins in the two kinds, and some people will be good with one and not the other. I have often recommended to people who react to chicken eggs to try duck eggs, since many people who can't do chicken, will be good with duck. Trial and error.
Yes, I do fine with chicken eggs. The only other food I’ve had a reaction to like the duck eggs is prawns. I wonder if there’s an overlap with a particular protein.

Dr. B

this is supposedly due to the chicken egg proteins being used in many vaccines in the US? actually supposedly it's the chicken embryo used.
do you think people intolerant to chicken eggs would also be intolerant to chicken meat? is there a correlation?
supposedly its the vaccines containing chicken embryo, is why people intolerant to chicken eggs can eat the quail eggs or duck eggs. i wonder what would cause intolerance to duck eggs but not chicken eggs.
there is also the factor of what the animals are eating, but it doesnt seem relevant. for example people often tolerate grains, corn and soy fine yet have an issue with chicken eggs still.