EGCG & Oxaloacetate As Antihistamines?

Nick21

Has anyone used EGCG or oxaloacetate (benegene) to help mitigate histamine problems?

Sossio

EGCG works for me , also grape seed extract with vit C, but first you have to remove some food (some seeds for example).

Wolf

Egcg doesn't mess with estrogen?

Sossio

Yes, a little bit. I prefer the methylation-way: TMG(betaine) and MSM also SAM-e

SOMO

Doesn't EGCG lower thyroid, or is that a mistake?

ECGC is close to Adrenaline in its effects, so it's good for weight loss but yes, one would expect that it would suppress thyroid.

Also ECGC is a strong hepatotoxin in reasonable dosages and is particularly dangerous because People may be partiicularly prone to liver injury by ECGC because it is most commonly taken for weight loss - if 1 pill makes me lose weight, then 10 must make me lose more weight, right? It also seems that some people are more sensitive than others, but there's no blood test to see if you're going to be sensitive to ECGC.
There was a case study here a woman consuming 400mg (standard dosage) pill daily for 6 months was hospitalized with liver issues, but I don't have it saved to my computer. The following study should give someone pause about trying ECGC:

Recently, however, cases of hepatotoxicity have been associated with consumption of high doses of green tea-containing dietary supplements (10 – 29 mg/kg/d p.o.) -not sure why author considers this a high dosage, since standard dosage of 400mg is only slightly less than a 50kg person taking 10mg/kg. And some people take ECGC 2x a day, meaning 800mg which is apparently enough to cause hepatotoxicity. (reviewed in (Mazzanti et al., 2009)). In nearly all cases, patients presented with elevated serum alanine aminotransferase (ALT) and bilirubin levels. In some cases, liver biopsies were performed and periportal and portal inflammation were observed. All cases resolved following cessation of supplement consumption. A causative role for the green tea preparations is suggested by the fact that re-injury was observed in some studies when the subject began using the same preparations after symptoms had resolved.

Although in most reports of hepatotoxicity, patients used concentrated extracts or “pill or capsule” dosage forms, there is a report of a 45-yr old man who developed jaundice and elevated serum ALT following consumption of 6 cups/d green tea infusion for 4 months - pretty sure 6 cups/day is the same as 2 sachets/bags x 3 of this green tea blend, if you drank this product 3 times daily at 2x the dosage, you could reach this 6 cups easily. (Jimenez-Saenz and Martinez-Sanchez Mdel, 2006). The underlying reasons for this difference in sensitivity is unclear, but may be related to intra-individual differences in biotransforming enzyme relevant to metabolism of green tea polyphenols - p450 and stuff like that.

Laboratory studies of green tea–derived preparations in rodents and dogs have also revealed toxic effects at high doses (Galati et al., 2006; Isbrucker et al., 2006). Oral bolus administration of Teavigo (a green tea polyphenol preparation containing 90% EGCG) or Polyphenon E for 13 or 9 weeks, respectively, to Beagle dogs resulted in dose-dependent toxicity and death. Vomiting and diarrhea were observed throughout both studies. In addition, 500 mg/kg, p.o. Teavigo caused proximal tubule necrosis and elevated serum bilirubin in all dogs treated. Most male dogs (2 of 3) had elevated serum aspartate aminotransferase (AST) levels. Female dogs (2 of 3), but not male dogs, had liver necrosis (Isbrucker et al., 2006). Oral administration of 2000 mg/kg, i.g. Teavigo to rats resulted in 80% mortality (Isbrucker et al., 2006). Histological analysis revealed hemorrhagic lesions in the stomach and intestine. These data suggest that high doses of EGCG can induce toxicity in the liver, kidneys, and intestine. We and others have observed hepatotoxcity of EGCG in mice following intraperitoneal administration of EGCG (Sang et al., 2005; Galati et al., 2006). To our knowledge, there have been no reports of hepatotoxicity in the mouse following oral administration of EGCG. In our previous studies, we observed that mice and humans appear to be more similar to each other than either species is to the rat with regard to EGCG bioavailability and biotransformation (Lambert et al., 2003; Lu et al., 2003a; Lu et al., 2003b). Based on these previous findings and the fact that the mouse is the most widely-used species for studying the disease preventive effects of EGCG and green tea, we decided to study the potential toxicity of EGCG in the mouse.

Pro-oxidative effects may underlie the observed toxicity of high dose EGCG. Although EGCG has been historically regarded as an antioxidant and has strong radical scavenging activity
in vitro, there is an increasing body of data to suggest that some of the biological activity of EGCG is due to induction of oxidative stress - strong hormetic effect (Frei and Higdon, 2003; Higdon and Frei, 2003; Rietveld and Wiseman, 2003; Elbling et al., 2005; Hou et al., 2005). For example, we have previously reported that treatment of human esophageal cancer cells with EGCG results in inhibition of epidermal growth factor receptor phosphorylation and protein expression (Hou et al., 2005). Addition of superoxide dismutase, which stabilizes EGCG and prevents EGCG-mediated formation of reactive oxygen species, inhibited this effect, suggesting that it was driven primarily by EGCG-mediated ROS formation rather than by EGCG per se.
Hepatotoxicity of High Oral Dose (-)-Epigallocatechin-3-Gallate in Mice

Note: I still believe ECGC to be a mostly safe supplement for majority of people.
There's other stuff in Green Tea which is also beneficial, so drinking Green Tea is probably superior to ECGC extract.

Sossio

ECGC is close to Adrenaline in its effects, so it's good for weight loss but yes, one would expect that it would suppress thyroid.

Also ECGC is a strong hepatotoxin in reasonable dosages and is particularly dangerous because People may be partiicularly prone to liver injury by ECGC because it is most commonly taken for weight loss - if 1 pill makes me lose weight, then 10 must make me lose more weight, right? It also seems that some people are more sensitive than others, but there's no blood test to see if you're going to be sensitive to ECGC.
There was a case study here a woman consuming 400mg (standard dosage) pill daily for 6 months was hospitalized with liver issues, but I don't have it saved to my computer. The following study should give someone pause about trying ECGC:

Hepatotoxicity of High Oral Dose (-)-Epigallocatechin-3-Gallate in Mice

Note: I still believe ECGC to be a mostly safe supplement for majority of people.
There's other stuff in Green Tea which is also beneficial, so drinking Green Tea is probably superior to ECGC extract.
Yes, so it's better to use TMG to degrade histamine, using a methyl group, it's very effective I also recommend it with MSM

Motif

Never heard of that, but maybe I need to try that. My histamine intolerance ******* kills me

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals