Efficacy of Ginger Supplementation in Relieving Persistent Hypothyroid Symptoms in Patients with Controlled Primary Hypothyroidism

FitnessMike

They took 500 mg (about 1/4 teaspoon) twice a day. It looks like it lowered their TSH about 1 point on average.

I estimate that 1/4 teaspoon dry ginger is the equivalent of 1 tablespoon of fresh ginger.
but this study says that it was taken along with thyroid medications, am i wrong?

oxphoser

They took 500 mg (about 1/4 teaspoon) twice a day. It looks like it lowered their TSH about 1 point on average.

I estimate that 1/4 teaspoon dry ginger is the equivalent of 1 tablespoon of fresh ginger.
Who knows, maybe if they had continued the study more than 30 days,it would have lowered TSH even more than 1 point. They always do studies for too short a time.

oxphoser

but this study says that it was taken along with thyroid medications, am i wrong?
Yes, the participants had received “adequate thyroid replacement” (page 5). But they say, even with that “15% of patients remain symptomatic despite achieving normal serum TSH levels” (page 2). So they give them a big questionnaire which asks them about all the things associated with hypothyroidism (dry skin,constipation etc). It’s called the ThySRQ: Thyroid Symptom Rating Questionnaire. They gave the test both before and after the 30 day experiment with ginger to see if there was any improvement.

I guess these people had “adequate thyroid replacement” but could afford to lose a point on their TSH.

Healthseeker

Ginger is a fat burner. It will lean you out and give you energy. It dose dependant though you need to take a lot more than you would like (cause sugar don't help the taste much and peeling it is a pain) to have a noticeable effect in my experience

Healthseeker

And candied ginger is no good all the ginger taste goes in the water when you make it. Just ginger in a blender and eat it like a half pound to a pound

Lollipop2

And candied ginger is no good all the ginger taste goes in the water when you make it. Just ginger in a blender and eat it like a half pound to a pound
Why is crystallized finer not good? Why not eat crystallized ginger like candy rather than blending it?

Healthseeker

If you want to use it as a drug then you need to eat it raw. Just try it raw. Its at every grocery store, for the candy you just boil it in a bunch of sugar until soft you can make good syrup out of the liquid. But for medicine you need a large quantity raw because that is maximum potency. Unless you have a slightly upset stomach or something then you can drink a ginger ale

Lollipop2

If you want to use it as a drug then you need to eat it raw. Just try it raw. Its at every grocery store, for the candy you just boil it in a bunch of sugar until soft you can make good syrup out of the liquid. But for medicine you need a large quantity raw because that is maximum potency. Unless you have a slightly upset stomach or something then you can drink a ginger ale
Thank you.

Pdohlen

What about pickled ginger, like you have for sushi? Always have some around and find them easy to nibble on. Would having them soaked in vinegar have a net positive or negative effect?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom