Effects Of Xylitol On Metabolic Parameters And Visceral Fat Accumulation

Some have criticized it for causing diarrhea from eating like a sugar replacement - not meant to be eaten that way.

This article highlights the problems. They seem weak arguments compared to the benefits I have received. Plus reputable sources are not GMO as she claims...

Xylitol: Is it Healthy or Safe? | Wellness Mama

What sort of results have you gotten? The article said it attacks cavity germs and biofilms. I used to get cavities till i started chewing sugarfree gum. This was years ago, though. I stopped after learning about aspartame. I'd definitely get xylitol for the biofilm effects, I'm suffering from that pretty bad at the moment

L

lollipop

What sort of results have you gotten? The article said it attacks cavity germs and biofilms. I used to get cavities till i started chewing sugarfree gum. This was years ago, though. I stopped after learning about aspartame. I'd definitely get xylitol for the biofilm effects, I'm suffering from that pretty bad at the moment
Totally cleared mouth bacteria - gums cleared up - an infection around a tooth cleared up after being red for over a year. Teeth are smooth, no build up, plaque etc. seems to being helping gut - watching this - not sure I am certain yet. I take a xylitol candy after every single thing I eat or drink.

Totally cleared mouth bacteria - gums cleared up - an infection around a tooth cleared up after being red for over a year. Teeth are smooth, no build up, plaque etc. seems to being helping gut - watching this - not sure I am certain yet. I take a xylitol candy after every single thing I eat or drink.

I have a musty mouth and white tongue in the morning. I wonder what bacteria causes that and if xylitol could help. Oh well, only one way to find one!

L

lollipop

I have a musty mouth and white tongue in the morning. I wonder what bacteria causes that and if xylitol could help. Oh well, only one way to find one!
I am sure it will! My tongue also has cleared up using it. Go through that massive thread about Dr Ellie. Good stuff.

tomisonbottom

What xylitol candy?

cedric

Xylitol , like the other sugar alcohols has some antioxidant properties.
Evaluation of Antioxidant Activity of Sugar Alcohols Using TOSC (Total Oxy-radical Scavenging Capacity) Assay

Glucose is the main low -molecular antioxidant of the serum , 30 times higher than vitamin C, 10 times than uric acid.
If we have oxidative stress-glucose spikes-hence diabetes. It is one of the mechanisms.

Main low -molecular antioxidants of the serum [Sies et al..1992]

Antioxidant concentr. [mcmol*1-1]

Ascorbate 30-150

Glutathione 1-2

Uric acid 150-450

Bilirubin 5-20

Glucose 4500

Pyruvate 30-70

Lipid soluble

alfa -Tocopherol 15-40

beta-Tocopherol 3-5

alfa-carotene 0,05-0,10