Effects of honey on nitric oxide, prostaglandins and inflammation

Samya

I came across these studies today which seem relevant to some things Ray has talked about.

"Honey and its extracts were able to inhibit edema and pain in inflammatory tissues as well as showing potent inhibitory activities against NO and PGE(2) in both models. The decrease in edema and pain correlates with the inhibition of NO and PGE(2)."

"The results obtained from the study confirm that honey has an anti-inflammatory effect which may be due in part to inhibition of NO release."

HeyThere

Absolutely. As someone who is very deficient in Nitric Oxide in general, when I experimented with honey for 1 week I was astounded how I got a N.O. boost moments after taking a mouthful each time.

My problem is, I have salicylate issues, so after that week the inevitable happened and my ears were ringing, i had massive rash break outs, the whole thing. Took a month to make all that go away :( I would LOVE to be able to take honey daily. :(

Absolutely. As someone who is very deficient in Nitric Oxide in general, when I experimented with honey for 1 week I was astounded how I got a N.O. boost moments after taking a mouthful each time.

My problem is, I have salicylate issues, so after that week the inevitable happened and my ears were ringing, i had massive rash break outs, the whole thing. Took a month to make all that go away :( I would LOVE to be able to take honey daily. :(
Have you tried different raw honey’s, to be certain you don’t have an allergy to the pollen it was made from?

jet9

What other foods have salicylates? (can cause ears ringing)

Any fruits to be careful with?

Last edited:

HeyThere

What other foods have salicylates? (can cause ears ringing)

Any fruits to be careful with?

tons, unfortunately. Google a high salicylate food list.

You're best off taking things so you process them better rather than not ingesting them.