Effects Of Excess Dietary Tyrosine On Cholesterol

High_Prob

Effects of excess dietary tyrosine on cholesterol, bile acid metabolism and mixed-function oxidase system in rats. - PubMed - NCBI

Effects of excess dietary tyrosine on cholesterol, bile acid metabolism and mixed-function oxidase system in rats.
Nagaoka S1, Miyazaki H, Oda H, Aoyama Y, Yoshida A.
Author information

Abstract
Excess dietary tyrosine (12%) caused hypercholesterolemia in male Wistar rats and significantly increased cytochrome P-450 and b5 contents. Bile flow and biliary output of total bile acids were significantly increased in rats fed this diet. Biliary output of cholesterol was not significantly altered, whereas that of taurocholic acid was significantly increased. Excess dietary tyrosine significantly decreased the fecal excretion of neutral steroids, whereas total steroid excretion was not significantly changed. The present results indicate that excess dietary tyrosine causes hypercholesterolemia without modifying the fecal total steroid excretion, thus supporting our previous hypothesis that stimulated synthesis of cholesterol is a main reason why excess dietary tyrosine leads to hypercholesterolemia.

Old post but this is interesting. Consuming Tyrosine makes me feel very good. Last blood test I got, I tested low (imo) in cholesterol, about 160 or so. I wonder what the mechanism is behind the increase in cholesterol.