Effect Of Stimulants When Not In A Hyper-caloric State

GreekDemiGod

I need about 3k calories to maintain my weight and muscle mass. To gain muscle / weight, I need around 3.5k - 4k.
My diet is generally nutrient-dense, overall.
Lately, I've been drinking more and more coffee, Red Bull, table sugar. Been taking B-vitamins, sometimes Aspirin. My understanding is that all these substances require greater demands on caloric intake, vitamins, minerals.
I've been lazy with my intake. Eating is like a job to me. Some days, I'd slack and eat 2.7k calories or so.
High-dose coffee is hit or miss for me. I often feel the jittery / cortisol effect from it, but it does support my mental mood, that's crucial for me.

My question is what happens when you're on high-dose coffee / energy drinks without being in a hyper-caloric state?

Example:

My hair health undeniably improved at the beginning of Peating, when I was taking 500mg - 1g Aspirin daily.
Reduced / dropped the Aspirin, started taking more stimulants, and my hairline seemed to have gotten a bit worse. You guys think it's related?

BearWithMe

High-dose coffee / energy drinks without being in a hyper-caloric state = stress reaction / increased stress hormones.

Don't do that.

boris

You will quickly use up liver glycogen and raise stress hormones and lower your thyroid function. Which in turn will cause new problems.

Peater Pan

You will quickly use up liver glycogen and raise stress hormones and lower your thyroid function. Which in turn will cause new problems.
Can you expound on how to get there for someone who requires thyroid? I can't do without my coffee.

gaze

there's two sides to this. either the stimulants make you use up glucose quicker, or the coffee makes your metabolism more efficient allowing you to retain magnesium better so you don't need as much calories. i'm not sure what causes it to go down one path or another. metabolic efficiency vs uncoupling is confusing to me

BearWithMe

there's two sides to this. either the stimulants make you use up glucose quicker, or the coffee makes your metabolism more efficient allowing you to retain magnesium better so you don't need as much calories. i'm not sure what causes it to go down one path or another. metabolic efficiency vs uncoupling is confusing to me
You need less calories when magnesium replete? Wow that's really interesting, do you have any source on this, please?

gaze

You need less calories when magnesium replete? Wow that's really interesting, do you have any source on this, please?
well the main action of thyroid is to allow the body to retain magnesium in order to produce atp efficiently (i think). Which is why when ray took thyroid his caloric intake got cut in half. the problem is though in order to retain magnesium, thyroid is required, so just taking magnesium won't solve the problem if you have a really bad thyroid. but i think things like caffeine might help magnesium retention by acting like thyroid. although i'm not sure, because caffeine can also increase the metabolic rate which depleted magnesium. i'm still confused on the topic myself.

BearWithMe

well the main action of thyroid is to allow the body to retain magnesium in order to produce atp efficiently (i think). Which is why when ray took thyroid his caloric intake got cut in half. the problem is though in order to retain magnesium, thyroid is required, so just taking magnesium won't solve the problem if you have a really bad thyroid. but i think things like caffeine might help magnesium retention by acting like thyroid. although i'm not sure, because caffeine can also increase the metabolic rate which depleted magnesium. i'm still confused on the topic myself.
Awesme, thank you very much!

Maybe boron supplementation might help with retaining magnesium, when thyroid is low?

gaze

Awesme, thank you very much!

Maybe boron supplementation might help with retaining magnesium, when thyroid is low?
i think calicum and a lot of salt would probably be the best thing. maybe vitamin b1 too? im not sure how safe boron in higher doses is.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

I wonder how the countless people around the world on thyroid medication are faring? Surely a number of them are doing IF, I wonder how they are able to do it and not perceive or need to eat more.

keytothecity

Your adrenaline goes up and your bloodflow to your hands scalp etc gets worse. Also you burn through everything even faster
Adrenaline is really bad for hair no doubt about it

your flaccid D size gives a pretty good indication of where your adrenaline is atm

Jing

Your adrenaline goes up and your bloodflow to your hands scalp etc gets worse. Also you burn through everything even faster

your flaccid D size gives a pretty good indication of where your adrenaline is atm
How do you fix this? My flaccid size is always shrinking up .

jet9

I have experience not necessary calories related, but carb related. Back in my nootropic/supplement days i find them much more effective when i was lower carb.
Basically when i ate more white rice / grains / potatoes nootropic/supplement were loosing their effectiveness.

gaze

I wonder how the countless people around the world on thyroid medication are faring? Surely a number of them are doing IF, I wonder how they are able to do it and not perceive or need to eat more.
idk about the rest of the world, but the majority of americans on thyroid hormone are on T4 only, which has no effect on metabolism cause its only a precursor to T3. a T3 supplement is what really starts messing with glycogen and glucose utilization

BearWithMe

Damn that explains a lot