Edward and Gabriel

juanitacarlos

I was wondering how others feel about Edward and Gabriel being banned from the forum. I personally enjoyed their posts, particularly Edward, and feel that it's our loss that they no longer contribute.

I actually don't understand at all why they were banned. I did not feel like they were causing trouble, and were actually adding to debates.

Thoughts??

jaguar43

ttramone said:
I was wondering how others feel about Edward and Gabriel being banned from the forum. I personally enjoyed their posts, particularly Edward, and feel that it's our loss that they no longer contribute.

I actually don't understand at all why they were banned. I did not feel like they were causing trouble, and were actually adding to debates.

Thoughts??

How do you know they were banned ?

Wilfrid

Same here, ttramone.
I think that they were, both, valuable and informative.

OP
juanitacarlos

juanitacarlos

jyb - I saw the emails from Charlie. It didn't really make sense as to why they were banned.

Wilfrid - I agree. I think they both made good contributions whether you totally agree with them or not.

andvanwyk

I really enjoyed Edward's posts. I didn't realise he was banned. Does anyone know why?

jyb

I'm surprised, I don't really understand it either - never got the impression they were against the spirit of this forum. To the contrary, I learnt a lot from them about thyroid and discussions very relevant to anything Ray Peat. I learnt a lot from Edward's posts, he's a great scientist.

jaguar43

ttramone said:
Edward discusses it here

I agree with Gabriel that the forum has become an authoritative cite. Its boring cause there is no contradiction, Nothing to discuss about. I personal believe that these forums twist ray peat's recommendations because they create labels which don't represent his ideas. Table sugar, marshmallow, gummies ??Their are people who are just eating milk, oj, coffee, carrots, and shrimp.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2824

Well, pretty much:

Daily:
3 Quarts of Skim Milk
6 Quarts of OJ
Coconut Oil
1-2 TBSP Cocoa Powder
3 TSP Salt
VA + VK2, Aspirin, Thyroid
Raw Carrot

Weekly:
1/2 - 1 lb Shrimp

This is ridiculous, There was this other guy who was eating every hour ? A few people were never drinking water. Jeez, There is a reason why Ray Peat articles are hard to read because he tries to write in context. While people on this forum are taking it to the extreme.

OP
juanitacarlos

juanitacarlos

jag2594 said:
I agree with Gabriel that the forum has become an authoritative cite. Its boring cause there is no contradiction, Nothing to discuss about.

I agree with that, that's why I wanted to have this discussion. I think when you are banning contributors like Edward and Gabriel, you have to started to lose the plot.

Imagine if Ray Peat himself was some lackey who never questioned anything. We either would have never heard of him or we would be following his recommendations to eat cereal with stevia and almond milk for breakfast.

jyb

ttramone said:
we would be following his recommendations to eat cereal with stevia and almond milk for breakfast.

I laughed at that.

BingDing

Wow, I have to say that I can't understand why Charlie did this. He wrote "The forum was created specifically for people to come and discuss the work of Ray Peat – not to debate it, to discuss it, share insights about it and work together to understand it while gaining their health through the practical use of his information."

Yet Charlie created a Ray Peat Debate Forum.

Hit an estrogen peak, Charlie?

Both Edward and Gabriel answered you, I think you should show them, and all of us, the common courtesy of responding.

For me, anyone who understands the science and makes an effort to help me understand it is a welcome voice.

BD

burtlancast

Well done Charlie.

Gabriel has been posting mainstream propaganda nearly verbatim on this forum since day one, and i'm not the only one who noticed it.

If you guys like mainstream views, feel free to join him.

jyb

burtlancast said:
Gabriel has been posting mainstream propaganda

You posted some youtube video about the burzynski clinic, how is that not verbatim propaganda? I have no idea whether it is legit or not as I haven't looked it up, but you didn't even defend it when someone issued some serious doubts about it. As to Gabriel's posts...that someone has a bias towards mainstream or non-mainstream models is a non-event.

burtlancast

jyb said:
burtlancast said:
Gabriel has been posting mainstream propaganda

You posted some youtube video about the burzynski clinic, how is that not verbatim propaganda? I have no idea whether it is legit or not as I haven't looked it up

When you take the time to investigate the Burzynski therapy, you can comeback here and have a debate.

Until then, better restrain from calling propaganda what you know nothing about.

jyb

burtlancast said:
When you take the time to investigate the Burzynski therapy, you can comeback here and have a debate.

It is precisely because I don't know about it, that I do not initiate a debate about it, contrary to what you did without any evidence other than a youtube video. You did not reply to the doubts raised about it, why would it be some else's turn to add anything at this stage?

burtlancast

jyb said:
It is precisely because I don't know about it, that I do not initiate a debate about it, contrary to what you did without any evidence other than a youtube video. You did not reply to the doubts raised about it, why would it be some else's turn to add anything at this stage?

What exactly did i initiate ?

I responded to a thread about Burzynski initiated by jag2594. (viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1729)

There's 6 posts from me in the topic where i answer all questions.

The last post by rjblaskiewicz is just a copy and paste job choke full of mainstream propaganda ( similar to what Gabriel used to post) and not worth responding in my view.

If you took the time to read rjblaskiewicz's post but didn't keep your word ( your post in the thread: "I'll watch the video to know more about it") then how's that my fault ?

You chose to rely on mainstream sources, ignore the evidence presented by the alternative community, and then complain others refuse to debate ??

:?:

jyb

@burtlancast: Sorry, it is true that you merely commented, but I note that your comments are not substantiated by evidence (you do mention that some testimonies exist, but rjblaskiewicz's post addresses that). I did take time to watch the movie video, but that movie has little scientific value to say the least by itself, so I didn't considered myself as informed on the subject. I'm trying to make the point that your contribution was no less assertive than any other, and if you believe that Gabriel's posts were propaganda, a strong claim with which I would disagree, at least he was more courteous than you are.

burtlancast

jyb said:
I did take time to watch the movie video, but that movie has little scientific value to say the least by itself, so I didn't considered myself as informed on the subject.

The movie proves, without a shadow of a doubt, that Burzynski has better results than conventional medecine and that he's being persecuted and harassed for it.

If you chose to disregard these proofs simply because, in your opinion, the scientific content wasn't consistent enough, fair game .

I would remind you Ray Peat has demonstrated multiple times the mainstream "scientific" evidence for almost ALL medical therapies are a forgery.

So which scientific content are you taking as reference ?

jyb said:
if you believe that Gabriel's posts were propaganda, a strong claim with which I would disagree, at least he was more courteous than you are.

If you had an interest in the truth as i have, and came across people like Gabriel that lies and disrupts, i hope you would feel cheated as i do.

But i wonder.

jaguar43

burtlancast said:
jyb said:

What exactly did i initiate ?

I responded to a thread about Burzynski initiated by jag2594. (viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1729)

There's 6 posts from me in the topic where i answer all questions.

The last post by rjblaskiewicz is just a copy and paste job choke full of mainstream propaganda ( similar to what Gabriel used to post) and not worth responding in my view.

If you took the time to read rjblaskiewicz's post but didn't keep your word ( your post in the thread: "I'll watch the video to know more about it") then how's that my fault ?

You chose to rely on mainstream sources, ignore the evidence presented by the alternative community, and then complain others refuse to debate ??

:?:

The link proves that the burzynski clinic is mainstream. They believe that cancer is caused by genes and use chemo therapy for specific "genes". Nothing new from mainstream. Its conventional. I posted this in the other thread. You never responded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXf7r4VB ... DD7D15EFA5

burtlancast

jag2594 said:
The link proves that the burzynski clinic is mainstream. They believe that cancer is caused by genes and use chemo therapy for specific "genes". Nothing new from mainstream. Its conventional. I posted this in the other thread. You never responded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXf7r4VB ... DD7D15EFA5

How can it be conventional when conventional only offers surgery, radiation and chemo ?

Conventional has only a few % success, contrary to Burzynski.
Conventional only uses it's own patented drugs, carcinogenic themselves.
Conventional doesn't use natural substances; antineoplastons are human peptides found in the urine of normal people.

And are you really expecting me to respond to an 1 hour video ?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals