Education Advice Needed!

peatyfoody

I am in Europe, studied economics and have been working in this field, but I would like to leave the office job and live for my interest and help other people with my experience and knowledge.

Besides Z-health what certifications would worth to complete? Where could I learn online about nutrition and have a bachelor or some kind of nutritional coach certification? I want to be credible, but of course, I do not want to learn about the mainstream bull**** ¨healthy¨diets. What would you study and where?

yerrag

Good question. I've thought about that. I'd get a quick certificate of say, one year of study just to have a badge. Most people want to listen to someone with a badge, even if the badge-holder knows next to nothing. Then I'd immerse in learning a lot from this forum from past and current posts. It took me two years to get up to speed with what's discussed here, and start to talk coherently when trying to explain something health-related here. Certainly, I had to do a lot of self-study which is like a bridge program to understand better the details in human physiology and biochemistry. And there's still a lot of things I need to catch up on.

Some topics really go way over my head. I'd go watch lesson in Kham Academy, and also from Youtube. And I'm just scratching the surface as there are more resources available on the net. I would wonder at times where I could get a real good tutor online and pay for a lesson, when online resources are not enough to make me understand well enough the subject matter. That would really help fill some of the blanks.

And then there is the continuing education aspect of it. I think most conventional doctors stop learning once they graduate, since they've been bloodied from the long years of study and internship, and all they have to show for it is to write prescriptions. With the flood of patients they attend to, and the hectic schedule they have, the only way they learn is from meeting pharma reps and from attending symposiums. But they're not really learning as much as they're getting more familiar with new prescription drugs. But thankfully, you're free from this dog and pony show.

You probably want to start with people you know. They are a tough bunch and they don't respect people they know, if you know what I mean. So this can test your patience. And when you lose your temper, you can easily say sorry to them without being traumatized with a lawsuit. And that goes with making a misdiagnosis, or getting them in worse shape because you failed to take into account certain aspects of their context, or you were not conservative enough in your approach. And often enough, you did everything right but the patient is one who doesn't know how to follow directions. Yeah, and this is most people. Just saying, there are many landmines there so it's good to go in knowing what to expect.

OP
P

peatyfoody

Thanks for your reply! Appreciate it. I have been learning on the forum and the fb groups for a while and very familiar with Peat´s work. I brought myself back from very deep, I was sick for years. Therefore I would also like to share my experiences as it would make reading more enjoyable for my audience.
I started writing articles in my native language, but have not published them so far anywhere... I want to write more first.

I am not willing to spend 5+ years at a medical university, but my aim is not to make a quick certification either, just to have something. I want to be credible, and that is why I am interested in exact education institutes, where I could gain a valuable education/degree/certificate whatever.

Amazoniac

It seems that the main goal is to get the credentials but not in a way that makes you feel that they were unearned, otherwise there will be a voodoo spell casted by your moral.

TIMP has a free online program. It's run by a guy that lives in Wisconsin. The program is solid and gives you certificate at the end of it. The problem is that the course is endless, at least it has been since [. . . Brewing member profile . . .] 2016.

Last edited: