Edgar Cayce Diet Recommendations

bogbody

I've always been fascinated by Edgar Cayce and was recently reading the book "The Edgar Cayce Handbook for Health Through Drugless Therapy" and thought it was interesting that his general diet outline is fairly "Peaty," specifically he mentions milk, citrus fruit juice, organ meats, gelatin (pig knuckle) honey, etc. Anyway just thought I would share.

The diet—let this be as an outline, which may be altered or changed to suit the tastes; but this may be used as a general outline:

Mornings—first a little tea or coffee may be taken; a very small quantity, as a demitasse. Twenty to thirty minutes later there may be taken citrus fruits or stewed fruits, or cereals; but when fruits or cereals are taken do not take the citrus fruit juices. Citrus fruit juices are preferable to the other two. Following this there may be taken small cakes or dried toast (rice cakes, buckwheat cakes, or the like) with a little honey—see? Or, occasionally, there may be taken an egg with some very crisp bacon. Alter these, to be sure. This meal should be taken by seven-thirty or eight o’clock in the morning, or before.

By nine-thirty or ten o’clock take a malted milk, with egg in same—see? To it may be added a few drops of rum or of spirits frumenti, but not too much; just sufficient to take away the taste of the egg. Do not include the white of the egg in this, only the yolk, see?

Noons—preferably meat juices, or vegetable juices. With these there may be altered from time to time the whole wheat, rye, or any of the whole wheat crackers, wafers, or the like. Not those that carry white bread, nor white crackers, with this particular meal—especially.

Evenings—the whole vegetable dinners, which would include meats; and, at least three times each week, include among the meats those of calf’s liver or of tripe—and pig knuckle. These may be altered, you see. At least three times each week these should be among, or on, the menu—in the evenings.

Inaut

Pretty much my diet. It's working pretty well.
I've always been fascinated by Edgar Cayce and was recently reading the book "The Edgar Cayce Handbook for Health Through Drugless Therapy" and thought it was interesting that his general diet outline is fairly "Peaty," specifically he mentions milk, citrus fruit juice, organ meats, gelatin (pig knuckle) honey, etc. Anyway just thought I would share.