Edema Or Increased Urination With Excessive Salt

Discussion in 'Sodium' started by Barry Obummer, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Simonsays

Simonsays Member

I upped my salt intake significantly in the last few months, but i think this has caused my missed heartbeats, by way of lowering aldosterone too much. I didnt suffer from excessive urination or dehydration though.

Has anyone else had this experience??

2. Diokine

Diokine Member

+1. The influence of estrogen as a longer-term cellular restructuring agent is towards that of increased intracellular calcium and water retention. Estrogen is made in the peripheral tissues under stress, typically from prolonged impaired respiration by histamine and nitric oxide. This can be explained almost completely by lack of CO2 production or decreased CO2 retention. Lack of magnesium, problems with copper metabolism, PUFA, whatever prevents the cell from generating and retaining adequate CO2 will lead to increased tendency towards greater stress.

It may be as simple as practicing some breathing exercises to increase CO2. Bicabronate would work also. I've noticed you can easily break a light sweat during breathing exercises, especially on the forehead. I also notice warmer extremities. Using sauna or heat lamps to generate sweat is very therapeutic as well.

3. robknob

robknob Member

Good post diokine, I think if you don't see edema improve after a couple of days of increased sodium/electrolytes, look at other reasons for edema.
    If you are dehydrated then drink water! Follow cravings.

4. nullredvector

nullredvector Member

UPS
  5. Tristan Loscha

Tristan Loscha Member

Excess Salt,which is easily accrued,gets slowly excreted over months.