Edema in lower leg

Mike wolff

I noticed after drinking alcohol that my lower legs swell is this serious or just dehydration

Just recently I also noticed on those days am very dehydrated
I drink high end white tequila. It took a few times of getting use to it, but it is tastier now than gin or vodka and has many more health benefits than all other alcohols. I do a lot of "Peatish" things with it using fruits and Mexican Coke. What are you drinking? They say dark liquors are 100 times more toxic than the whites.

meatbag

I noticed after drinking alcohol that my lower legs swell is this serious or just dehydration
edema and tissue swelling are caused by estrogen and hypothyroidism. Making sure your vitamin D level is good and taking b-vitamins before and after drinking helps the liver process the alcohol
Water: swelling, tension, pain, fatigue, aging
When energy fails: Edema, heart failure, hypertension, sarcopenia, etc.

I had a massive swollen vein in my left leg and started taking massive amounts of vitamin D and it popped back into place

If I drink any alcohol that has sulphites ( wine etc ) my legs swell. For me it is my sulphur allergy/

edema and tissue swelling are caused by estrogen and hypothyroidism. Making sure your vitamin D level is good and taking b-vitamins before and after drinking helps the liver process the alcohol
Water: swelling, tension, pain, fatigue, aging
When energy fails: Edema, heart failure, hypertension, sarcopenia, etc.

I had a massive swollen vein in my left leg and started taking massive amounts of vitamin D and it popped back into place
Wow that is crazy! Was the vein popping out of your leg alcohol related?

meatbag

Wow that is crazy! Was the vein popping out of your leg alcohol related?
I don't think so, a few years back I was taking mirtazapine and gained 60 pounds and the vein was messed up ever since then (also made hair issues worse -_-). Even when I lost a lot of the fat it just seemed to bulge out more. about 2 weeks ago I started taking about 50-100,000 IU of Vitamin D3 after getting a blood test that showed it was low ( I was shocked as I'd been taking 5,000 IU a day for a long time). After a few days there was bruising all over the vein and I noticed it had adjusted back to normal but had a rigid type of feeling where as before it was puffy, varicose, and swollen. Any way I was pretty impressed....

I don't think so, a few years back I was taking mirtazapine and gained 60 pounds and the vein was messed up ever since then (also made hair issues worse -_-). Even when I lost a lot of the fat it just seemed to bulge out more. about 2 weeks ago I started taking about 50-100,000 IU of Vitamin D3 after getting a blood test that showed it was low ( I was shocked as I'd been taking 5,000 IU a day for a long time). After a few days there was bruising all over the vein and I noticed it had adjusted back to normal but had a rigid type of feeling where as before it was puffy, varicose, and swollen. Any way I was pretty impressed....
I am too! How puzzling though that you were supplementing so much vitamin D and your blood test showed you were low in it?

P

Peatness

If I drink any alcohol that has sulphites ( wine etc ) my legs swell. For me it is my sulphur allergy/
I am not drinking alcohol and I am getting this kind of swelling. I eat a lot of grapes, broccoli and some organic dried fruits, surely those can't cause this issue. if I have to remove more food item I'll end up not knowing what to eat or drink.

Also wondering about thiamax - could this form of thiamine contribute to swelling. I seem to tolerate it very well, so it seems.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals