Eczema? Looking For Opinions

Kunstruct

That is my grandpa's leg, 83 years and he has this issue on his left leg.
Seems some other issues with there on the foot.
He says he has this issue for about 7 years, it ameliorates and then it comes back harder, sometimes disappears (as he says, might not actually disappear). Also he says his leg swells during the day and it is not so
swelled in the morning while it still remains red like that.
Now he has had a colon cancer and had a large part of his intestine remove 5 years ago. Initially he had only diarrhea, often uncontrollable, the part that controls the anus as I understand is still there and was not removed. Now he only has loose stool.
For many years he only ate rice or bread. Nowadays he eats more varied, but well I am not sure about absorption with 50% less intestines and the constant loose stools
He had a hernia (lower abdomen) almost all his life and a varicocele on his left testicle. Recently I have found out they removed his left testicle in that colon cancer operation and at the same time they fixed his hernia. As far as I understood it was no testicle cancer, but what warranted that removal I do not know.
He was always thin and skinny, his diet along his life, well a man living of his own farmed animals and home grown vegetables, lots of chicken, pork, lard and eggs and vegetables pretty much and pasta and fruits.
He is not diagnosed with any heart disease.
I would suspect minerals or vitamins or even amino acid can't be properly absorbed for many years due to the operation, and that might have been an issue before surgery too.

I wonder what could I do to help him with that issue, a bit o topical magnesium, some aspirin? Vitamin E topical?
What is your opinion given the intestinal issues, what could be cause and what could be helping him.

20190307_164432.jpg 20190307_164420.jpg

Blossom

Forum Supporter
That looks like more than eczema to me. I'm not diagnosing him or anything but it looks strikingly similar to cases of peripheral vascular disease I've seen before. He should probably have that checked out.

Jem Oz

Agreed, looks like more than eczema.

If it IS eczema, I would advise looking into research connecting skin issues with serotonin and gut health. I had eczema on my ankles and shins for 7 years, nothing would budge it. A short course of cypro and it was completely gone.

OP
K

Kunstruct

Gut health does not seem to be anywhere good with him as half of it missing and the stool is always problematic having had cancer and it is clear something was
not well even years before his surgery.
I mean I am not sure what gut health he could do given his conditions. I would assume even an aspirin would have issue being absorbed properly
I am not trying to cure him but I thought that having a bad gut health something topically could ameliorate such issue, like magnesium or vitamin E.

Amazoniac

It's worth considering getting generous amounts of vit C, food copper and hydrolyzed collagen (as long as he eats enough protein). Perhaps extra vit K as well. If these don't help, a lack of B-vitamins might be involved.

If the idea was to apply magnesium or vitamin E on the inflammed areas, they might fry them. Away they should be fine, but better if he can ingest without experiencing problems.

Last edited:
Circulation problem similar to diabetic foot. I have 3 neighbors with this condition. One of them has already developed an ulcer, they gonna take his leg off. Get him to a doctor ASAP.

OP
K

Kunstruct

It's worth considering getting generous amounts of vit C, food copper and hydrolyzed collagen (as long as he eats enough protein). Perhaps extra vit K as well. If these don't help, a lack of B-vitamins might be involved.

If the idea was to apply magnesium or vitamin E on the inflammed areas, they might fry them. Away they should be fine, but better if he can ingest without experiencing problems.

Actually I should have been clearer a bit, when I was saying to apply something topically I was not really thinking about applied topically on that exact problematic spot, topically as on his arms for example to get into the bloodstream, not on the actual inflamed area.

Gut health is a big problem for him so I highly doubt something that needs the intestines to be adsorb will work, it is pretty clear because of his stool either loose or diarheea, not much gets absorbed.
I am not sure how normal that is for a patient having part of his intestine removed, but I have been told that it should be expected to have that sort of issue.

OP
K

Kunstruct

Circulation problem similar to diabetic foot. I have 3 neighbors with this condition. One of them has already developed an ulcer, they gonna take his leg off. Get him to a doctor ASAP.

Actually for what I have seen his actual foot seems ok as the actual condition is not exactly on the foot or under the foot like from what I have seen online with diabetic foot, that diabetic foots seems a bit more specific to the foot rather than anywhere higher than the foot.

His daughter is a doctor, but well also a homeopath at the same time, so she is convinced and has also convinced him that illnesses at the visible level are internal illnesses getting out and curing of internal illnesses, like in a literal attempt of the illness to go out of the body . I am not into this non-sense absurd things, such attitudes to me are mental issues. Didn't really wanted to get into this, but I am sure someone would eventually say I am irresponsible for not taking him to a doctor.

Actually for what I have seen his actual foot seems ok as the actual condition is not exactly on the foot or under the foot like from what I have seen online with diabetic foot, that diabetic foots seems a bit more specific to the foot rather than anywhere higher than the foot.

His daughter is a doctor, but well also a homeopath at the same time, so she is convinced and has also convinced him that illnesses at the visible level are internal illnesses getting out and curing of internal illnesses, like in a literal attempt of the illness to go out of the body . I am not into this non-sense absurd things, such attitudes to me are mental issues. Didn't really wanted to get into this, but I am sure someone would eventually say I am irresponsible for not taking him to a doctor.

I was not clear saying "diabetic foot" the right way to say is "DIABETIC LEG" instead

OP
K

Kunstruct

I agree 100%. The blue/black coloring on the foot is highly concerning.

Well I did explain the doctor part above. Otherwise I made this thread because I am concerned and the strange thing he is not and neither his daughter, which is another concern of mine.

But what I want to mention is the blue part is there for many years, far from recent, and this issue on his leg (the swelling and redness) comes back up and goes down like I have said in the OP for around 7 years, he says (I can't attest to those myself, so who knows). This is quite coincidental with this cancer at the gut for which he had surgery 5 years ago, which I would speculate that the gut started having issues at around the same time the leg issue started.

What makes me highly curious, what could make the issue of redness come and go (based on what he says) as he is not taking any supplement or drugs. So basically there is something that relieves and ameliorates the issue for a while and something that aggravates.

A this point I will leave this be, unfortunately it is not I who can make decisions on drugs or doctor visits, nor I want to diagnose the problem, only thing I could have done was maybe figuring some detail that would help somehow, sort of like people having hemorrhoids get slightly better with vitamin e sometimes.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Well I did explain the doctor part above. Otherwise I made this thread because I am concerned and the strange thing he is not and neither his daughter, which is another concern of mine.

But what I want to mention is the blue part is there for many years, far from recent, and this issue on his leg (the swelling and redness) comes back up and goes down like I have said in the OP for around 7 years, he says (I can't attest to those myself, so who knows). This is quite coincidental with this cancer at the gut for which he had surgery 5 years ago, which I would speculate that the gut started having issues at around the same time the leg issue started.

What makes me highly curious, what could make the issue of redness come and go (based on what he says) as he is not taking any supplement or drugs. So basically there is something that relieves and ameliorates the issue for a while and something that aggravates.

A this point I will leave this be, unfortunately it is not I who can make decisions on drugs or doctor visits, nor I want to diagnose the problem, only thing I could have done was maybe figuring some detail that would help somehow, sort of like people having hemorrhoids get slightly better with vitamin e sometimes.
Sorry, I see a lot of really bad things in the hospital so I didn’t mean to overreact. I understand about it being out of your hands and I hope you get some diet/lifestyle tips that might help him.

Amazoniac

Actually I should have been clearer a bit, when I was saying to apply something topically I was not really thinking about applied topically on that exact problematic spot, topically as on his arms for example to get into the bloodstream, not on the actual inflamed area.

Gut health is a big problem for him so I highly doubt something that needs the intestines to be adsorb will work, it is pretty clear because of his stool either loose or diarheea, not much gets absorbed.
I am not sure how normal that is for a patient having part of his intestine removed, but I have been told that it should be expected to have that sort of issue.
The mentioned nutrients are all quite easy to absorb. The exception is perhaps food copper that is usually found bound to amino acids, requiring then protein digestion in the stomach and intestine; but if he's eating normally, it should be fine, the worse that can happen is just pass through. You also know which one of those can be gotten extra through the skin.

Blended leafy green soup is one more thing to consider.

If he's dealing with some sort of vascular fragility exacaiebyated by malnutrition, it must be possible that his diarrhea is sparing his heart of intestinal toxins stress and the susceptaliebsity would lie in colder regions of the body instead.

teds

Forum Supporter
This looks like vasculitis if some kind.. example:

Attachments

• D74ACC0F-57E9-4EE9-836C-8077AC9817C8.jpeg
    D74ACC0F-57E9-4EE9-836C-8077AC9817C8.jpeg
    44 KB · Views: 65