Dismiss Notice
  7. Cascara Sagrada Powder From Farmalabor In Italy
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. **NEW Mini Body Light** MBL1 - Orange & Red Light Therapy Mini Body Light
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Eating Raw Egg . Is That A Bad Idea?

Discussion in 'Eggs' started by japanesedude, May 29, 2017.

1. japanesedude

japanesedude Member

Im a Japanese and Its common to eat Raw egg on Rice(Its called Tamago kake Gohan)
    As we know, Egg is a great sources of Vitamins, cholesterol,Protein.
    for example, eating 3 raw eggs/per day.
    Egg white contains avidin, but it is thought that biotin deficiency does not occur unless you eat more than 10 raw eggs every day.

Attached Files:

2. Deadpool

Deadpool Member

As far as I know, as long as they are good quality eggs it shouldn't be a problem. You should just handle everything with perfect hygiene and throw away eggs, with cracks in the shell. Most of the salmonella is supposed to be on the shell.

But there will still be a risk even if it is small.

I did eat about 8 raw eggs per day for about a year in the past (bodybuilding purposes) and it didn't really improve my health but I don't think it did anything bad either.

Is it worth it? I don't know. There will always be a small risk, they don't really taste good except if you put them in shakes that taste good and I feel like they aren't absorbed or utilized as good as cooked eggs.

Normally, 4 cooked eggs fill me up and I can't eat anymore, fried eggs I can eat more, but raw eggs, I could eat infinitely.

Also something to keep in mind is that when I researched it, people were writing about raw eggs leading to possible biotin deficiency because there is something in there that blocks absorbtion or something like this.

3. OP
    japanesedude

japanesedude Member

Fortunately, Japanese eggs are highly hygienic, so the risk of eating raw eggs is very low.
    8eggs lol
    anyway,I'll start eating 3 raw eggs perday a while. and lets see what happens

4. lvysaur

lvysaur Member

Even shitty American eggs have an extremely low risk of salmonella, and salmonella itself is extremely innocuous as far as pathogens go.

5. mujuro

mujuro Member

I don't think the protein in uncooked egg white is bioavailable. Does anyone know?

6. TibRex

TibRex Member

Beware of the trypsin inhibitor in raw eggs (and soy beans), but not cooked eggs. The inhihitor is specifically found in the egg white. Here's an entry from wikipedia:

"A trypsin inhibitor is a type of serine protease inhibitor that reduces the biological activity of trypsin. Trypsin is an enzyme involved in the breakdown of many different proteins, including as part of digestion in humans and other animals. As a result, **protease inhibitors that interfere with its activity can have an antinutritional effect."

** = Ovomucin (in raw avian egg white) Inhibitory power = 1.2 times its weight (the ovomucoids are a mixture of several different glycoprotein protease inhibitors). According to one source, it can be destroyed by heating at 120 C for 15-20 minutes. But this seems like a long time (overdone eggs) and does not make any distinctions between boiling, frying, etc.

Another similar note from elsewhere:

Egg White - Trypsin Inhibitor, Ovomucoid
    "Ovomucoids are the glycoprotein protease-inhibitors of avian egg white. There are several protease inhibitors in egg white. One acts upon ficin and papain; another, ovoinhibitor, is a significant contaminant of crude ovomucoid preparations and acts upon bovine trypsin and chymotrypsin as well as porcine elastase and fungal proteinase."

RE Avidin toxicity:

"...raw egg white contains avidin, which binds to biotin and can impair metabolism of other B-vitamins. Note however that raw egg toxicity should not be overstated: 20 raw eggs per day for several weeks would be necessary to create a biotin deficiency."

Source: http://www.beyondveg.com/tu-j-l/raw-cooked/raw-cooked-1g.shtml

7. Such_Saturation

Such_Saturation Member

That's not overdone, that's burnt black