Eating Organs

J

j.

According to Chris Masterjohn, tongue is the second best source of K2 from organs, after the pancreas.

When I eat tongue, I like to eat cheese at the same time or shortly after.

tara

I eat liver often, kidneys and tongue occasionally, brains more rarely. I got some tripe just to try it a few weeks ago -first time I'd had any since i was little - cooked with veges. But really didn't like it, so that's a once off.
Currently eating small amounts of chicken neck stock daily for NWT.

It occurs to me that the kosher guidelines about making sure meat has the blood well drained out of it might have advantages for many of us for the same reasons that some people donate blood to reduce iron excess. Maybe soaking liver might get enough blood out to make a difference. What do you think? I've started soaking my liver in milk before frying, as some people have suggested. (Puss approves of this new habit, though I don't know if i'm doing him any favours. )

Aymen

Lambs brains, taste great. And high in progesterone and pregnenolone too. Yummy.
Hey, that's a good information, i bought lamb head and i have cut the brain from it then i fried it for about 3 minutes, i,m aware if cooking destroys the hormones found in lamb brain, what do you think?

nwo2012

I cook them lightly just to cook the outside. Maybe 1 minute each side, fried in hot coconut oil. Im sure majority of hormones remain intact this way.