Eating Liver

HDD

jb4566 said:
If you soak the liver in milk and some vinegar and cook it with some onions it tastes much better. Almost like a different food.

I have tried milk and it still turns my stomach. Maybe I will give vinegar a try after I get through the other 12 oz I have already prepared in the freezer.

I was thinking that maybe my aversion has to do with serotonin since they prescribe odansetron for nausea and vomiting. I'm serious.

Kray

messtafarian said:
Y'all I just can't. I know I need it because I'm sure I need the Vitamin A and I'm also somewhat sure I don't have any in me at the moment.But I can't eat it; I wouldn't even know where to *find* beef liver in this town. I've checked a couple meat counters and only run across chicken livers occasionally. I don't even know what I would do with a liver if I had it in my house. Maybe bury it.

Sometimes I'll see a pate' that's adulterated somehow. Bought some braunschweiger and gave it to the dog because it was pork liver and I've had quite enough iron already.

What do you think of glandular liver supplements like this?

http://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Glandulars- ... ular+liver

Messtafarian,

What did you ever decide about liver? Did you go with the supplement, or find a way to choke down the real deal? Just curious, would like to know. ;)

natedawggh

Chopped liver! I don't like it the way they do it in restaurants, and chicken liver makes me feel happy and most of all, full, more than ruminant liver. I also used to gag at liver, but making it chopped with coconut oil (in place of chicken fat) and adding vinegar makes it a delicious spread. No recipe will tell you to put vinegar in, but for the same reason as the mustard recommendation, the acidity really compliments the meat and in my opinion is a better taste than without. Definitely have it with crackers, if you're not being too strict.

1n9u2

The best liver I have ever had is fried Rabbitt liver! It has its own unique sweet flavor not like other kinds of liver at all.

milk

I just dilute 1 oz beef liver in a large cup of steaming hot coffee.

I put the liver in a blender and then freeze the gooey result it in an ice tray. Take out two cubes at a time, drop them in the coffee.

It's the @forterpride method.

Last edited:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Chicken liver blended with Greek yogurt makes a nice pâté.

Luann

Old thread, but I eat liver by first slicing it thinly and then pulling out the gristle and fat that makes it crunch in your mouth. Much better that way, like ground beef almost. Salt and pepper help too.