Eating Liver Everyday Is Bad?

southcesar

I love to eat liver, I feel full of energy after eating it, as if I could do everything with more dedication and without feeling tired. I wonder, eating liver every day is bad? I read somewhere on this forum that too much vitamin A can cause thyroid problems, is that true? And if so, how problematic is that? Thanks in advance.

redsun

I love to eat liver, I feel full of energy after eating it, as if I could do everything with more dedication and without feeling tired. I wonder, eating liver every day is bad? I read somewhere on this forum that too much vitamin A can cause thyroid problems, is that true? And if so, how problematic is that? Thanks in advance.

Liver has massive amounts of vitamin A that you couldn't possibly need. The bigger issue imo is that chronically, your copper intake would be massive and assuming you are not copper deficient, you have no use for such high intake. But if it helps energy its hard to argue against it. Copper is needed for noradrenaline which is the main neurotransmitter for the sympathetic nervous system which is how its giving you so much energy.

Hugh Johnson

Peat says too much vit A is an issue, haidut has posted studies contradicting that. I would eat it as long as the effects are positive. I do suggest consuming glycine and eggshell with it due to methionine and phosphates.

OP
S

southcesar

Peat says too much vit A is an issue, haidut has posted studies contradicting that. I would eat it as long as the effects are positive. I do suggest consuming glycine and eggshell with it due to methionine and phosphates.
Thanks for the reply. I always eat liver with coffee and I also live in Brazil (a lot of sun all year, I read somewhere that the need for vitamin A increases with the amount of sun you expose yourself to). Eggshell because of calcium? I soak the liver in milk, do you think that would help?

Hugh Johnson

Thanks for the reply. I always eat liver with coffee and I also live in Brazil (a lot of sun all year, I read somewhere that the need for vitamin A increases with the amount of sun you expose yourself to). Eggshell because of calcium? I soak the liver in milk, do you think that would help?
Not really. Do the calcium, you'll notice decreased anxiety and better sleep.

M

metabolizm

If you crave it every day -- which I doubt -- it's probably okay. Otherwise, it could become problematic.

mrchibbs

Absolutely. Way way too much. A bit meal of liver is thyroid suppressive.
Use your common sense, would people 100 years ago be able to eat liver every day? The only way that could work is by making liver pâté and eating a tbsp on sourdough bread everyday. That would equal a portion a week, and might be even better than just eating one big liver meal.

It's more of a once a week type of thing, and even less in winter. But, the more light exposure and thyroid function you have, the more you'll need vitamin A.

I think part of the reason why the anti-vitamin A narrative gained a lot of traction is because a lot of people ate too much liver in a context of low thyroid and cholesterol, and the vitamin A accumulates and oxidizes, creating problems of toxicity. Vitamin E prevents this, and vitamin C as well.

Cloudhands

How much are u eating a day?

YourUniverse

Listen to your body, 100g once per week is a guideline, if you do better with more quantity or frequency, go for it. As others have noted, make sure your calcium, glycine, and I'll add fructose, are good. You'll probably need more vitamin E with all the vitamin A, too.

OP
S

southcesar

Listen to your body, 100g once per week is a guideline, if you do better with more quantity or frequency, go for it. As others have noted, make sure your calcium, glycine, and I'll add fructose, are good. You'll probably need more vitamin E with all the vitamin A, too.
Thanks!!!

OP
S

southcesar

Absolutely. Way way too much. A bit meal of liver is thyroid suppressive.
Use your common sense, would people 100 years ago be able to eat liver every day? The only way that could work is by making liver pâté and eating a tbsp on sourdough bread everyday. That would equal a portion a week, and might be even better than just eating one big liver meal.

It's more of a once a week type of thing, and even less in winter. But, the more light exposure and thyroid function you have, the more you'll need vitamin A.

I think part of the reason why the anti-vitamin A narrative gained a lot of traction is because a lot of people ate too much liver in a context of low thyroid and cholesterol, and the vitamin A accumulates and oxidizes, creating problems of toxicity. Vitamin E prevents this, and vitamin C as well.
Thanks a lot! I will keep that in mind

It might not cause issues now, but down the line might. Moderation is key just like with everything. Get plenty of sun, move, socialize and rest.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals