Eating Homemade Gelatin Raw Like Jello Instead Of Heating To Broth

DMF

Sounds gross and is till you get used to it, but are there any benefits to eating homemade bone broth gelatin in the raw ? Constant heating - re refridgerating - reheating again again on/off must be detrimental to its composition.

Kunder

Oh you mean like the raw broth the comes directly out of the cows secret fifth udder?

Arnold Grape

Sounds gross and is till you get used to it, but are there any benefits to eating homemade bone broth gelatin in the raw ? Constant heating - re refridgerating - reheating again again on/off must be detrimental to its composition.
I make jello with different organic fruit juices all the time - actually, I really enjoy it.

Mossy

I think this is the best way to eat, as jello.

Arnold Grape

I think this is the best way to eat, as jello.
I go back and forth on it, but yeah: the Jensen’s jello is grass-fed, I think, and sets up very good. If you have a Trader Joe’s nearby, they have a lot of interesting juice flavors

yerrag

You can make a gelatin stew out of pork legs/knuckles/skin Chinese-style, skim out the fat, remove the move and pull the pork and skin into strings and pieces, pour it into a pan, let it cool, and then put in a ref. You end up with a meat jello that you can slice up like sausage. Have it as an appetizer or a meal. German make something like it as well. I forgot what it's called.

Mossy

I go back and forth on it, but yeah: the Jensen’s jello is grass-fed, I think, and sets up very good. If you have a Trader Joe’s nearby, they have a lot of interesting juice flavors
I do have a Trader Joe's close by, but I normally just do the following:
  1. Buy this: https://www.amazon.com/Grass-Fed-Be...=1545242250&sr=8-3&keywords=grass-fed+gelatin
  2. Add 7 tbsp gelatin to
  3. 1 can of cold cane sugar soda (flavor varies) (I also use real juice)
  4. Let set for 2-3 minutes
  5. Warm on medium heat, until smooth.
  6. Add additional sugar if desired
  7. Let set in the fridge until solid.

Arnold Grape

I do have a Trader Joe's close by, but I normally just do the following:
  1. Buy this: Amazon product ASIN B01M2A5BL2View: https://www.amazon.com/Grass-Fed-Beef-Gelatin-Powder/dp/B01M2A5BL2/ref=sr_1_3_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1545242250&sr=8-3&keywords=grass-fed+gelatin
  2. Add 7 tbsp gelatin to
  3. 1 can of cold cane sugar soda (flavor varies) (I also use real juice)
  4. Let set for 2-3 minutes
  5. Warm on medium heat, until smooth.
  6. Add additional sugar if desired
  7. Let set in the fridge until solid.
how much can you eat of this. 1 can of liquid with 7 tbsp seems like it would be as solid as a rock.. is it?

Mossy

how much can you eat of this. 1 can of liquid with 7 tbsp seems like it would be as solid as a rock.. is it?
Yes, it can be dense. Funny you mention that. I just made a batch a week ago and my thought was I need to add more liquid to make it less dense.

My reason for making it so dense is that I want a decent amount of gelatin per serving, but I want it as a supplement to the food, not equivalent to a full side portion. But, after thinking about it, the protein content per serving is about 11 grams, which is a decent amount.

So, I will be adding more liquid for sure: 20-24 ounces of liquid total.

P.S. I section the finished gelatin into 8ths and eat it along with a meal—not as a meal in itself.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals