Eating Fast Vs Slow / Big Vs Small Meals

JustAGuy

I am wondering if anybody ever experimented with this?
Can we train our body to digest meals faster if we eat quickly and big meals?

I notice my dog for example eats extremely fast and won’t stop till it’s super full. Instinctively I also like to eat fast until I am stuffed. Though many health movements such as ayurveda and TCM say it’s important to eat slowly and only until 70% full?

mujuro

Forum Supporter
Dogs are evolved to gulp large mouthfuls. Their teeth and jaws are designed to slice and crush rather than mash and grind. They also have stronger gastric juices to digest large clumps of unchewed food.

I recently found much better digestion, energy and bowel movements by eating smaller portions more frequently. Even milk or OJ, I will drink slower and in smaller quantities. From doing both I find that I’m always hungry as well.

somuch4food

Digestion starts in the mouth, especially carbs. You are better off chewing more. As important as chewing is mindfulness, take the time and enjoy your food (pay attention to the texture, the flavors, etc).

I'm having more success with 3 large meals served with a glass of water. When limited to 3 meals, you can feast until you're stuffed and you won't be going overboard with calories.

If you find you're putting on too much weight, the 70% full would be good advice.

It's also important to eat when you are truly hungry. A small pang might go away after a few minutes, that means it was not hunger.

Dogs evolved to eat as quickly as possible. I get a stomach ache if I eat too fast. I suppose I eat too fast anyway. I love the OP questioning this.

tankasnowgod

I am wondering if anybody ever experimented with this?
Can we train our body to digest meals faster if we eat quickly and big meals?

I notice my dog for example eats extremely fast and won’t stop till it’s super full. Instinctively I also like to eat fast until I am stuffed. Though many health movements such as ayurveda and TCM say it’s important to eat slowly and only until 70% full?

When I eat bigger meals now, I always try to use some digestive enzymes with the meal. That absolutely seems to help. As far as training yourself, either enzymes, cholesterol, and/or taurine might be things to focus on (either in food or as supplements) as these are the components that would help your body to make more digestive acids.

The other thing would be to make good use of gravity after a meal. Lying inclined (like Inclined Bed Therapy), or standing and walking after a meal would probably help to digest properly.

I definitely take my time to eat my meals. I eat meat in two meals and it just doesn't feel right to swallow a piece of chicken or beef that wasn't chewed enough. But even when it's something like warm gelatin( made with fruit juice, sugar and some salt), which is liquid, I find it much more enjoyable to eat it with a tablespoon and chew a few times, instead of drinking it in gulps. By doing this, I can ingest much more liquid than when I try to drink it. Regarding the amount of food in a meal, the more I chew, the more I can eat( up until a point) and I think, at least for me, big meals are good to stimulate well the digestive organs( if they aren't inflammed, of course). In the past, many times I wouldn't get enough calories in a day and, consequently, I had the feeling that I was starving all the time, and eating slowly when you feel you haven't eaten in ages is really hard. Now that I eat at least 3000 calories per day, when I need to eat, I don't feel that way. When I'm hungry, my stress hormones don't rise as much, since my cells still have energy stocked as glycogen and also as safe fats in fat tissues.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals