Eating eggshells as a main source of calcium

Electrisio

I would like to get my calcium from eggshells as I am not tolerating dairy well. For anyone that eats eggshells, do you have to prepare them or can I simply get a raw egg, crack it open and clean it then eat it? I have read that there is about 2.2 grams of calcium in one egg shell. So am I right in thinking if I consume one egg shell a day I should get the right level of calcium that peat suggests eating?

I would like to get my calcium from eggshells as I am not tolerating dairy well. For anyone that eats eggshells, do you have to prepare them or can I simply get a raw egg, crack it open and clean it then eat it? I have read that there is about 2.2 grams of calcium in one egg shell. So am I right in thinking if I consume one egg shell a day I should get the right level of calcium that peat suggests eating?
Here is another thread with some info…

Nebula

I’m currently getting most of my calcium from eggshells. It’s greatly increased the deepness of my sleep. I would recommend grinding it into the absolute smallest powder that you can. I happened to have a grain mill that works very well.

OP
E

Electrisio

I’m currently getting most of my calcium from eggshells. It’s greatly increased the deepness of my sleep. I would recommend grinding it into the absolute smallest powder that you can. I happened to have a grain mill that works very well.
Is it safe for me to eat them after boiling? I see some people say you need to bake

Nik665

ray peat says to boil, bake, and grind/pulverise and have 1/4 tsp a day

Nebula

Is it safe for me to eat them after boiling? I see some people say you need to bake
You boil to sterilize them. Then I rinse them off in a colander. to remove any remaining egg whites or skin still attached. I like to completely remove the skin attached to the inner shell after cracking them so its almost completely just calcium carbonate. You bake them on low (200 degrees F) to dry them out completely before grinding g them. It’s best to get them in the smallest particle size possible. This will ensure they react with your stomach acid and are absorbed well.

Jkbp

Forum Supporter
You boil to sterilize them. Then I rinse them off in a colander. to remove any remaining egg whites or skin still attached. I like to completely remove the skin attached to the inner shell after cracking them so its almost completely just calcium carbonate. You bake them on low (200 degrees F) to dry them out completely before grinding g them. It’s best to get them in the smallest particle size possible. This will ensure they react with your stomach acid and are absorbed well.
Do you capsulize the particles?

Nebula

Do you capsulize the particles?
No. I take 1/4-1/2 tsp at a time. Just place it on my tongue and swallow it after a meal so there’s plenty of stomach acid present to dissolve it.

Old Irenaeus

This is helpful. I had just been boiling them and eating either half or the whole shell at once.

I vouch for quail egg shell as the best calcium source. Nothing else makes my nails that strong and resistant.

David PS

The majority of the F transferred to the egg was incorporated into the shell (2.8 to 307.1 ppm).

Limon9

o_O

The lower levels here are comparable to fluoridated tap-water, having around 0.7ppm, but sometimes much more. I think you'd ingest more fluoride accidentally in the shower than by using eggshell.

David PS

o_O

The lower levels here are comparable to fluoridated tap-water, having around 0.7ppm, but sometimes much more. I think you'd ingest more fluoride accidentally in the shower than by using eggshell.
Thanks for doing the math.