Eating Cruciferous Vegetables To Improve Caffeine Tolerance

MrThyroid

Examine: Kaempferia parviflora - Scientific Review on Usage, Dosage, Side Effects

"Do Not Confuse With
Kaempferol (an isolated flavonoid), Turmeric (looks similar, different active compounds)"

But I also found this among constituents:
"3,7,4′-trimethylkaempferol at 0.0719% and tetramethylkaempferol at 0.0070% (derivatives of Kaempferol)[7]"

So not sure what to make of it.
does now ginger increase/induce cyp450 enzymes or inhibit because i found out that they inhibit ;(

Jsaute21

Do people actually experience lowered thyroid activity from eating cruciferous veggies and broccolis in particular or is it something people brainlessly accept like I do? I used to like broccolis.

Worst I have ever felt was when i consumed copious amount of cruciferous veggies, albeit it was during a time where i eat moderate PUFA as well. Felt terrible. Only vegetables i eat regularly are well cooked kale/spinach, mushrooms and onions.

Wagner83

Worst I have ever felt was when i consumed copious amount of cruciferous veggies, albeit it was during a time where i eat moderate PUFA as well. Felt terrible. Only vegetables i eat regularly are well cooked kale/spinach, mushrooms and onions.
It was similar for me but like you there were many other factors. Now I feel like myself and others avoid broccoli (I don't miss cabbages or brussel sprouts which are fart composers by the way) based on the advice of Ray without first hand experience. Best way to get an answer is to try I guess.

Jsaute21

It was similar for me but like you there were many other factors. Now I feel like myself and others avoid broccoli (I don't miss cabbages or brussel sprouts which are fart composers by the way) based on the advice of Ray without first hand experience. Best way to get an answer is to try I guess.

Yeah, i agree. Brussel Sprouts were awful on my system. Bad gas, indigestion, burping etc. They seem to do this to everybody, but most people still eat them. I don't miss broccoli, brussel sprouts, cabbage, etc. so i stay away. I feel so much better since avoiding crap like this, that i have no desire to go back.

J

jb116

I improved caffeine tolerance by having caffeine.
Every day. And every week I would titrate up.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Organic broccoli drenched with olive oil, lemon and copious amount of salt baked till crispy at about 300 degrees are mouth watering delishly awesome.

Okra drenched in coconut oil and salt, baked at about 400 till crispy another awesome treat.

success23

Looks like Diindoylymethane (DIM - the active ingredient is those kind of vegetables) is poorly absorbed so you might get the thyroid suppresing effect without the liver detox one.

Increase caffeine to increase the enzyme

GreekDemiGod

lol don't listen to this guy, cruciferous vegetables will only lead to impaired thyroid function and slower metabolism in my opinion.
The people who are slow metabolizers of caffeine are simply low-thyroid people with sluggish liver.
You can rapidly become a fast caffeine metabolizer by following Peats guidelines, eating a lot of good food, getting liver-protective nutrients like vitamin K and B-vitamins.
It has been mentioned before that the way a person handles caffeine is a proxy for liver function,
A person with healthy liver will metabolize caffeine faster and with greater ease than someone with a sluggish liver.
Since caffeine actually improves liver function itself, it might be best to supplement as much coffee as you can tolerate.
This way your liver will heal itself faster.
Cope. Broccoli is healthy.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals