Eating Cruciferous Vegetables To Improve Caffeine Tolerance

Discussion in 'Caffeine' started by Collden, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Wagner83

Wagner83 Member

2. MrThyroid

MrThyroid Member

does now ginger increase/induce cyp450 enzymes or inhibit because i found out that they inhibit ;(

3. Jsaute21

Jsaute21 Member

Worst I have ever felt was when i consumed copious amount of cruciferous veggies, albeit it was during a time where i eat moderate PUFA as well. Felt terrible. Only vegetables i eat regularly are well cooked kale/spinach, mushrooms and onions.

4. Wagner83

Wagner83 Member

It was similar for me but like you there were many other factors. Now I feel like myself and others avoid broccoli (I don't miss cabbages or brussel sprouts which are fart composers by the way) based on the advice of Ray without first hand experience. Best way to get an answer is to try I guess.

5. Jsaute21

Jsaute21 Member

Yeah, i agree. Brussel Sprouts were awful on my system. Bad gas, indigestion, burping etc. They seem to do this to everybody, but most people still eat them. I don't miss broccoli, brussel sprouts, cabbage, etc. so i stay away. I feel so much better since avoiding crap like this, that i have no desire to go back.

6. jb116

jb116 Member

I improved caffeine tolerance by having caffeine.
    Every day. And every week I would titrate up.

7. charlie

charlie The Law & Order Admin

Organic broccoli drenched with olive oil, lemon and copious amount of salt baked till crispy at about 300 degrees are mouth watering delishly awesome.

Okra drenched in coconut oil and salt, baked at about 400 till crispy another awesome treat.

8. Jsaute21

Jsaute21 Member

Yep, exactly.

9. tisho23

tisho23 Member

Looks like Diindoylymethane (DIM - the active ingredient is those kind of vegetables) is poorly absorbed so you might get the thyroid suppresing effect without the liver detox one.

Increase caffeine to increase the enzyme