Eating Coffee

postman

Have you tried eating coffee instead of drinking it? What are the positive and negative effects, compared to drinking it? Raw, roasted, grounded, baked etc...

lampofred

Interesting idea... I've been concerned about my high fluid intake recently, so I'm glad I saw this...

OP
postman

postman

I had some whole roasted coffee beans, they're not as hard as I thought they would be and taste wasn't terrible either. A bit unpleasant to eat though, feels a bit like gravel in the mouth. But not too bad.

Mll777

It is not that weird actually, here in Europe you can buy them with chocolate coating, it tastes absolutely great!

DDK

Have you tried eating coffee instead of drinking it? What are the positive and negative effects, compared to drinking it? Raw, roasted, grounded, baked etc...

Coffee Ice Cream? Also, I have seen coffee candies, they are similar to chocolate but use coffee instead of cocoa. Also, if you eat wheat you can replace the cocoa powder in chocolate cake recipe with instant coffee or espresso; it tastes pretty good. I get less of a stress response when I eat a coffee cake as opposed to drinking it. It could be less fluid or it could be the white flour which usually lowers stress hormones for me. I eat a lot of white flour BTW.

michael94

sometimes I make "coffee" by boiling the beans whole like if one were making a decoction of tea leafs
it has different effect than brewing ground coffee, more metabolized by the kidneys I think which can be good and not so good or bad

OP
postman

postman

I did some more reading and I found out that the lipid profile of coffee beans is not optimal. It's about half palmitic acid, and half linoleic acid. You would get quite lot of linoleic acid if you ate large amounts. I'm going to experiment with cold brew coffee instead, my main purpose is to increase digestibility / decrease stomach irritation.

OP
postman

postman

sometimes I make "coffee" by boiling the beans whole like if one were making a decoction of tea leafs
it has different effect than brewing ground coffee, more metabolized by the kidneys I think which can be good and not so good or bad
Interesting, how does it make you feel compared to "regular" coffee?

nwo2012

Too much PUFA I would think. Also you want the paper to filter out some other potentially toxic compounds.

fradon

when i've eaten roasted coffee beans dipped in chocolate the adrenaline rush is longer and rather unpleasant compared to drinking coffee i guess cuase it lasts longer in your gut.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals