Eating Butyrate

messtafarian

A couple months ago when I was trying to do everything I could think of for my shitty (ha) digestion I bought two bottles of encapsulated butyrate because I read a study that said it solved IBS.

I'm improving just eating tons of butter but I was wondering if anyone here has had any success, experience or opinions on just swallowing the butyrate. Pointless or worth it?

Parsifal

I believe that there is some butyric acid in coconut oil as well. It seems that butyrate is made by bacteria in the colon processing fermentable fibers but there is a big debate on the topic here: https://www.raypeatforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7043 not finished to read it yet.

Have you tried to take the butyrate you bought or is it just sitting somewhere?

My digestion is bad too, I really need to heal it.

OP
M

messtafarian

It's on my countertop. I keep mulling over trying it but my gut is improving on butter -- I'm not sure if I would be able to tell if it was working or not. I'm trying to take as few capsules as possible and the stuff smells terrible.

Hildy

A couple months ago when I was trying to do everything I could think of for my shitty (ha) digestion I bought two bottles of encapsulated butyrate because I read a study that said it solved IBS.

I'm improving just eating tons of butter but I was wondering if anyone here has had any success, experience or opinions on just swallowing the butyrate. Pointless or worth it?
I know this is an older thread but I have tried it and it definitely has helped my IBS. I find it very calming and anti- inflaming. It helps curb your appetite too, so just posting this for those who have tummy troubles. I think it's a great supplement. I recommend the Body Bio brand.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals